“Enjoy the food and the staff”

Grizzly Claw Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: We Have The Best Home Made Chili Verde
EDMONDS
“Enjoy the food and the staff”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I've eaten here several times this season. I've had the chili relleno, which was good but lacked sauce (that costs extra). Tried the enchilada's and they were good too. The prices are a little high, but all the restaurant's are expensive in West Yellowstone. Remember, this is a long way from Mexico so don't have high expectations. I do like this better than the mexican "bus" food. Try the homemade, mixed berry pie with ice cream, it is a real treat. You will love it!
This is a family owned restaurant and the family is as nice as they can be. I am very fond of Angel, he is a fine young man and a good server. His sister is nice too. The dad runs the show and he is a very pleasant and attentive. They do get very busy here so try to go a little before or after the traditional dinner time and it might be best if large parties split up due to the tipping policy but if you want mexican food in West Yellowstone, give it a try.

“Good Mexican”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

It's hard to find good places to eat in west Yellowstone, but this place was a find which we just stumbled across. We ate here twice during our stay and enjoyed it both times. We had the pulled pork tacos that were really good and also the enchiladas which were also very tasty. I think the best item was the salsa. It had a nice kick to it and was very good at the same time. I would not hesitate going here again. I'm not a Mexican food aficionado, but it was good enough for my family.

Visited July 2013
“Wanna spend too much? Go here.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Was really wanting some Mexican food, so we came here. Service was terrible, the food was... OK. And if you have a large group over 7, just sit at separate tables. They will rape you with an 18% tip they add to your bill.

Connecticut
“Good for West Yellowstone”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice while staying on West Yellowstone. Very friendly staff and nice booths in back. My daughter ordered the ribeye and begged me to return for s second steak. The carnita tacos were delicious. Given there are few good options in West Yellowstone, i give this restaurant two thumbs up and would return.

• Visited July 2013
“Worst excuse for Mexican food ever!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were so hungry and the lure of warm and spicy mexican food got us in the door. However, the slightly melted velveeta served as queso should have been the first sign. Terrible food. Terrible. Worst food we had on our whole vacation. But I guess we should have known better than to eat mexican food in Montana at a place called Grizzly Claw.

Visited June 2013