“Nice staff. That's about it...”

Grizzly Claw Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Description: We Have The Best Home Made Chili Verde
Dubuque, Iowa
“Nice staff. That's about it...”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The staff here were very very nice.

The food here was expensive and was not very good. The drinks were cold and fast. The chips and salsa were okay. Neither my MIL or I could eat our Mexican dishes. A couple of bites, and we were done. The beans were awful. My 12-y/o got an adult meal and thought it was okay. My husband had a Mexican dish he thought was pretty good, but it looked blah to me and was very very expensive (steak, chicken, and something else maybe). My 7-y/o got a kid's meal mac-n-cheese. One bowl later, he was still hungry, so we had to order another bowl of mac-n-cheese, which came to $10 for two bowls. Not too good of a deal.

This place is convenient to the Grizzly and Wolf Center, which is how we stumbled across it. We thought it would be nice, easy and quick just to eat here before heading back to the hotel. We just wasted a lot of time and money here for food that was not good. Do yourself a favor and drive somewhere else, although I am not sure where to tell you. We just did not have much luck with the food in West Yellowstone. :(

• Visited July 2012

Summerland
“Great food”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Good menu with both north and south of the border options. Meals were generous and service was good. Only downside was the credit card policy - only one credit card per table. As we were dining with friends we asked for separate checks (which was not a problem) but one party had to pay cash. Odd policy I thought. But the food was good and the location is near the Imax and Grizzly center was handy - lots of parking even for RV units. Would go back again if I was in the area.

• Visited August 2012
“Absolutely horrible in every way!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went to this resturaunt with high hopes to be completely let down! The fish in the fish tacos was still partially frozen. The beans tasted completely disgusting. Taco Bell makes more authentic Mexican food than this place! We got a bean burrito that still had oil and fat pooling all over the plate. Everything served gets taken from a can and put in a microwave. We spoke with the owner/manager about the food and he argued with us and still made us pay for our meal after only taking one bite! Complete and utter disgust and wouldn't ever recommend this place.

Princeton
“Good food High prices”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Food and service was good but prices were kind of pricey for mexican food. Would have to think about it before I would return.

Novato, California
“Awesome great cooked meals”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I thought the food was well made, and my family felt very happy with the staff which were nice and polite.The total cost was so good we were surprised they got all of the meals.Everything tasted fresh and homemade.

• Visited July 2012