Hibernation Station
Moose Creek Inn(West Yellowstone)
$119
Best Western Weston Inn(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$171
Kelly Inn West Yellowstone(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$190
Gray Wolf Inn and Suites(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$160
$149
Holiday Inn West Yellowstone(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$189
$178
HolidayInn.com
Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$375
$259
Best Western Desert Inn(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$190
$135
BestWestern.com
Yellowstone West Gate Hotel(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$160
Marina View Condos(West Yellowstone)
$185
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewslog cabinwood carvingsseparate buildinghot tubgas fireplacefront porchin townlarge bathroomyellowstone national parkfull kitchenwest entranceyellowstone vacationafter a long daybeds were comfortablewifiofficekitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2006

We stayed at Hibernation Station in late September 2006 based on a positive review in Frommer's guide to Yellowstone. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a larger cabin. The cabin was furnished fine, and the bathroom was big. A little more attention could have been placed on the cleanliness of the bathroom, but based on what we encountered in other places on our Yellowstone trip, it was about average. The price was right. We were in unit 34, which is in the middle of a bunch of other cabins, and the people in the other cabins kept parking in our "drive". Maybe the management could put up sign in that area that says parking for unit 34 only. Don't book here expecting to be on a river with a view of the mountains, but I didn't really see anything in West Yellowstone that had those amenities either. Much more quiet than a hotel or motel.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rtpcpa
Reviewed September 15, 2006

We stayed here during the second half of our 4 day tour of Yellowstone (a honeymoon trip). I booked it because i thought a log cabin would be a nice alternative to a motel room. The girl at the front desk, when we checked in, was very nice and friendly.
The free-standing cabins are offer more privacy than a standard hotel, and the ombiance is nice.
The cabin itself didn't have all of the ammenities i would have expected for the price (No coffeemaker, mini fridge, etc)/. When i decided to take a shower, i discovered that the bathtub, tho an oversized jetted, was moldy. And the shower not only had no water pressure, but the w i d e spray barely got my head wet if i stood in place! I have long thick hair, and had to go "dirty" for the next 2 days!! Extremely frustrating! And the floor of the cabin was sinking in several areas, so I felt like i had major vertigo every time i walked around.
The bed was fairly comfy, but the fitted sheet did not fit it?!! It kept slipping off in the middle of the night.
The fireplace and jetted tub were a nice touch, tho. And of the 3 employees we dealt with, 2 of them were very friendly/helpful (one - the maid - even gave us a jump when our jeep wouldn't start the morning we checked out)!
Mixed feeling about this place, but it is DEFINATELY not worth the $$$ !!
If ever in West Yellowstone again, we will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank COTree
Reviewed September 14, 2006

We just returned from a stay in the Wyatt Earp cabin (#39), which is also the biggest. I had stayed there years ago (in the Wizard cabin) and loved it. The cabin was very large and a nice alternative to a hotel, where you are surrounded by other rooms.
I'm glad I already knew that all of the cabins are in a big parking lot, so I wasn't disappointed like other reviews I've read. They do call themselves a 'motel', so you'll understand it's not rustic cabins in the wilderness. It's nice to be separate from your neighbors at least a little. And we were happy to park our BMW right in front of our cabin so we didn't have to worry about someone breaking into it.
The furniture in the cabins is fantastic and there's a little kitchenette with a fullsize refridgerator. We slept great.
The cabin was spotless, and the only problem we had was a torn shower curtain, which they promptly replaced that day, for us, while we were out.
I do think they need to be more direct when you reserve them that these are not cabins in the woods, so that there's no disappointment for those expecting that. I think the accomodations are worth the money compared to the other dive hotels I saw on our travels around Yellowstone.
We had none of the problems that others have described. I would recommend staying in one of the bigger, newer cabins. Ours was considered the honeymoon cabin.
I also think that sometimes as a traveller you need to be open-minded and your attitude reflects the service you get.
We stayed at a world-reknowned hotel in Jackson after this that cost twice as much and I would gladly have traded it to stay back at Hibernation Station. They were very friendly and our stay was fantastic.

Stayed: September 2006
3  Thank mpaden01
Reviewed September 2, 2006

My wife and I wanted to spend our anniversary, during a tour of national parks, in a unique and private accommodation. I got an uneasy feeling though when we checked in by the lack of any professionalism by the front desk. This was reinforced that night when we turned down the bed to find what appeared to be the product of someone picking their nose (red in color) stuck to our sheets. Upon further inspection the comforter had various disgusting stains on it as well. When I contacted the front desk his first comment was that ours was the second case that night. After 30 minutes of waiting we then got an unapologetic hand over of sheets which we had to change ourselves.

When we spoke to the morning front desk attendee (who happened to be the manager) she never once apologized and became accousing in tone. We were promised we would contacted by the property manager, but that never happened. At the conclusion of this we began to share stories outside with other people who were checking out. An interesting experience for one family was a rodent found in their cabin. When the front desk was contacted he replied that he would go and locate a cat and be right there. The management's and personnel's lack of apology and indifference to these matters would seem to indicate this is not an usual occurrence here. After seeing other alternatives I would definitely not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank whth2o
Reviewed August 24, 2006

we stayed at Hibernation Station in mid August for 3 days in between our trip from Jackson, WY to Big Sky, MT. We arrived at Hibernation late at night only to find our room had not been cleaned and when we called down for new sheets the person at the desk said they were the only person working so that it would take some time before they could deliver the sheets, which it did. The next day we had problems with our toilet and called the front desk to only be told that they are short staff and didn't have someone to come and look at it but could bring a plunger up to us. In addition - BE WARNED that there is massive construction going on next to the property which starts quite early in the am and late into the afternoon.

The rooms are okay but the staff is lacking and the construction is annoying. It's really not worth the money. I have heard that the mgmnt changed somewhat recently and it seems they are running a bare-bones operation at the expense of quality ... I don't mind paying more for a nicer place to stay, but I expect to get more for my money and that is not the case at Hibernation Station.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family