“I'll stay again”

Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Cedar City, Utah
“I'll stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2010

This is not our first trip to yellowstone, but it is our first time at the evergreen motel. maybe because we have stayed so many other places, and we realize a good place to sleep when we see one, but I don't think this place deserves the bad reviews. it's older and small, but obviously the price reflects that. it's cheaper than the big places so we weren't expecting all the big place ameneties.plus, we've stayed at other places in town, and everything is older and small, and a little expensive. but you're at yellowstone national park for crying out loud! so what do you expect. that being said, we loved our room! To us, it was so charming and gave us the outdoor feeling that should be appreciated visiting the park. like I said, the place itself, is old.. but everything in our room was new. log furniture, really cute decorations. It's super clean. I'm really happy about that. The bedding felt comfortable and I feel like I know what motel beds are like. so I was pleasantly surprised. Wireless is good, and I'm even writing this review in my room with the free wireless.Ours had a cute little full kitchen. they have a guest laundry room that is nice to have access too. There arent any phones in the rooms, but there is a phone open 24 hours in the laundry room with free long distance. I thought that was nice. sara and logan were friendly and helpful. There isnt breakfast either, but again, it's reflected in the price anyway. We always eat at running bear which is really good. We'll stay here again, we enjoyed it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hikerofmountains11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Anywhere, World
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

Super clean and amazingly helpful and friendly owners.
Great room setup (and very nicely themed decor). Every detail was attended to. They have good wi-fi, great location - easy to find right off Hwy 20, and even their provided toiletries are surprisingly super . The towels were the most pleasant I've ever experienced in a hotel/motel - so clean and fresh! There's a fridge and microwave in each room, and we had a couple nights in a nice kitchen unit which had everything we needed and more.
We liked it so much at the Evergreen Motel that we decided to extend our vacation and stay and play some more on our way back down from Gardiner. I'm a frequent traveler, and this is the best motel I've ever experienced and still costs considerably less than would be expected. I'll definitely be back and have decided to base out of West Y. just because of Evergreen Motel.
Great folks - great value - great place!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Reston, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

Surprised by all the reviews stating their rooms were small. This was one of the largest rooms we had, and was definitely the most comfortable. They do not have A/C, but my husband is from MT, so we were not surprised; plus the fan really does help move the air. Hotel is right in town so you can wander around W. Yellowstone in the evening. I really did feel like I was staying in someone's guest room, the bed was so comfortable and the linens were awesome. We will probably stay again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Helmond
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We booked a room in The Evergreen Motel for one night after reading so many positive reviews on Tripadvisor.

We got a room that was closer to the main road than the room we booked. So I was a little anxious about the road noise. However, it was not the road noise that woke us a couple of times during the nights... the walls between the rooms are paper thin.

The room itself, although with recent paint, looked like it did probably forty or fifty years ago. It was very oldfashioned (ceiling, walls and bathroom fixtures), and the floors shaky (as if you could fall through anytime). It was also dark. Showering was a bit of a hassle: it took us over five minutes before the temperature of the water was steady so do not step into the shower before these five minutes have passed like I did... (unless you love taking alternating hot and cold baths)!

Considering the price we paid (USD 100 for one night) we expected more, but at least the room was spotless and the owners are friendly and welcoming. All in all not a bad stay after all.

Pueblo, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

There are few places to stay near Yellowstone Park so the town of West Yellowstone, of course, takes advantage of this. The Evergreen Motel is a minimally remodeled ancient facility, as far as I can tell. The room was tiny with creaky uneven floor and had a tiny outdated bathroom. There was coffee and mini-muffins for breakfast, so we went out for breakfast. I would not recommend this place

2 Thank cellodoc
Vizovice, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2009

Every traveller must take into account that West Yellowstone is a quite expensive area. This motel was not an exception. We got a small but clean room with a shower, but the price was higher than elsewhere. We just needed a room to spent one night before visitng Yellowstone National Park and we got it. I don't think we could get a better room for that price in this location.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Cardiff Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

Whenever I go anywhere I check up the hotels on Tripadvisor and in most cases book hotels with positive comments. Previous comments had been very good with some reference to small rooms but almost always stating it was great . So I thought there must be something special about the place. Unfortunately my views of Evergreen Motel appear to differ with previous comments.
The motel is one of the old fashion type, rooms set around a small, tight, car park, the bedroom we had was the smallest and one of the most expensive on our whole trip (11 hotels WY, MT & SD the region) and very dark with only two small table lamps at one end of the room, impossible for reading. No ventilation unless you left the bathroom window open. The bathroom which is also small, has a shower,
We got far better accommodation and value at Gardiner and Cody, especially the Buffalo Bill Antlers Inn Cody which was great.
West Yellowstone town is nice but the hotels appear to milk their proximity to the park entrance.
I booked this before leaving the UK and that was a mistake.