“Good Bargain”
Review of Evergreen Motel

Evergreen Motel
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Motels in West Yellowstone are unbelievably expensive but we heard about the Evergreen from friends. Our room was actually too small for two beds but we worked around that. We were impressed with how clean our room was. The staff is very friendly and helpful plus Huckleberry coffee and tiny muffins are available in the small lobby each morning. For West Yellowstone this was by far the best deal and I highly recommend it. Incidentally, go to the Woodside Bakery first thing in the mornings and get their half-price day old specials on to-die-for cinnamon rolls and other wicked goodies.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank egnem2
EvergreenMotel, Owner at Evergreen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for writing your review of the Evergreen and thank you to your friends for their recommendation!

Because West Yellowstone is such a popular gate to Yellowstone there are many hotels/motels/ to choose from. We appreciate any referral of us because word of mouth continues to be one of the best forms of marketing! We are THE least expensive place in town right now and we feel it's a bargain as well.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and hopefully we'll see and your friends again sometime!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This place was hands down the best deal in West Yellowstone. We went in October, so it's not summer season, but still... It's literally a 3 minute drive to the park entrance, so location is hands down a 5/5. The front desk staff (owners) are super friendly, and there's free cookies, coffee and hot chocolate in their front office. The room was pretty small, but spotless clean. There was a hand written note on the desk welcoming us to Yellowstone and the Evergreen, which was a nice touch. We stayed in a room with just a microwave and a mini fridge, which is nice to keep drinks cold!

The reason this place doesn't get a 5/5 for me was the bed. Maybe it was our room (4), but our bed was not comfortable at all! It felt like one of those super stiff mattresses from the 80's, which feels like a stiff board under about 50 springs. Sounded that way too. But others have said how comfortable their bed was, so maybe it's just the room? Bad luck? I see Sara replies to most of the comments here, so maybe she has an explanation.. Perhaps they are in the process of upgrading beds and that one hasn't been changed yet.

Overall, the place as a whole was easily worth our stay, but my wife and I both woke up stiff from that mattress.

I would certainly stay here again, (if I could get a different room to see if it was just that room).

Room Tip: Maybe see if you can snag a room other than room 4? Like I said, I'm not sure if it was just my...
1  Thank SmokeyBearVII

Thank you for staying with us and for writing these nice comments about us!

We do read every review written about us and we feel it's our responsibility and useful to readers that we respond.

We also are glad that you found us to be the best price in Yellowstone! We agree and even though we are a budget motel, we try to give a little extra where we can.

I must say I'm surprised to hear that your found your bed uncomfortable. One thing we have come to understand, however, is that everyone like something different. Some like firm, like myself, and others can't sleep unless it's very soft. As a motel, where we obviously cannot change beds upon a guests preference, we have to find a middle ground. I will say that mattress is brand new. The oldest mattress we have on this property is 3 yrs old and they are all high quality Serta hospitality sets. There are no boards in between and they are definitely not from the 80's! Unfortunately, all of our mattresses are the same so if you didn't like this one, I don't know that you would find another room any better. But we do welcome you back to try them and maybe you would feel differently!

Thank you and I do hope you try us again!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a small (about 17 unit) motel where the owners do their very best to make it the best it can be. I was so impressed by how clean the room was that I actually ran my finger over the tops of mirrors and decorations for dust and came up empty! I wished I could have crawled into the bed without disturbing it but I took the personalized note off the pillows and found quality sheets, pillows and one of the most comfortable mattresses ever. A peeled log bed, chair, and table made it seem like an expensive theme room at a resort with decorations that fit everywhere. Rooms are on the small side but my queen room was great for one person on an overnight stay. Others at my conference spent around $100 for run of the mill rooms without the charm that Sara showed when I checked in and they missed out on cookies, huckleberry taffy, and evergreen scented soap. I would plan a visit to Yellowstone around a vacancy.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marshall P

Thank you for taking your time to write us this review!

We are so glad that you found us to be a better value than a well know name brand hotel in town! We are not like chain hotels when it comes to size and amenities but we do try to make up for that in the price and in the service.

We're so glad that you were satisfied with our cleanliness. With all these cleanliness comments it sounds like our housekeeper is due for a bonus! :)

Come back and see us in the Spring sometime! It's our favorite season out here!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

What a wonderful place! Logan and Sara, owners of the Evergreen, are so much more personable and attentive than a chain, travelers should stay there just for that special touch. We too got a hand-written note welcoming us, some huckleberry taffy, homemade cookies and advice on where to eat. The room was great - a little apartment with two TVs, stocked kitchen, comfy bed and lush towels. It was cold outside but warm and cozy inside. We were within walking distance of restaurants, a supermarket and shopping. We will be back and we won't look any farther than the Evergreen.

Room Tip: We liked our corner room - #16, away from the road.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our room was immaculate and the location is perfect. We could walk to everything in town and the housekeeping staff here really cared and it showed. We will recommend this place to everyone. Coffee in the lobby was great and strong

Room Tip: Hard to park a long truck
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have stayed in West Yellowstone many times in many different motels/hotels, but this place is without the best! It was very clean (which for us is the most important) charming and very affordable. The owners were very nice without being over the top. We asked Sara (her and her husband are the owners) to recommend a restaurant for supper. Her recommendation was spot on, the place was very good. This small motel will be a place where my wife and I will definitely stay again.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Evergreen is a small road-side hotel. The rooms are small as well, but very well-kept and very clean. The bed was comfortable, and the location, just outside of Yellowstone National Park was awesome. The innkeeper was kind, personable, and very accommodating as well. We were pleased with the price, and thought we got a good value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends