“Munching, Bison meat pies while watching buffalo in Yellowstone. Buwahaha”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kiwi's Takeaway - CLOSED

Kiwi's Takeaway
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Portland, Oregon
“Munching, Bison meat pies while watching buffalo in Yellowstone. Buwahaha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Seems mean, but they had the most amazing flavor. We had stopped in the day before, for a late lunch before heading in to the park. My blue cheese bacon burger has to be one of the best burgers I've eaten. Hubby had the beef stew meat pie, he was in heaven after the first bite. So we ordered two bison pies for the next day. One with Swiss cheese, the other mushroom. The owner was there early the next morning baking up a storm, we took them with us. So glad we did, they were decadent. Off the beaten path, small home town feeling. What a treasure, only wish we lived closer so I could pick the pies up any time. The next morning before we headed for home we stopped in to say good bye, the owner is a colorful character and she made us feel like we had known her for ages. Can't wait to go to Yellowstone again, to enjoy the beautiful park and the fun people we met. Cheers

4 Thank Andrea R

Front Royal, Virginia
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The six of us ate here for lunch as a recommendation from a cousin of ours that lives near here. I thoroughly enjoyed the chips and burger. We had a variety of different burgers to include Buffalo. This is a laid back atmosphere type of diner with great food. I would defiantly return.

1 Thank dogface1739
West Yellowstone, Montana
“Love Ally and Kiwi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

By reading some of the bad comments, I dont know from which rock these people crawled out from under. I have known Ally for several years and I have eaten at her establishment on numerous occasions. Does she have a wicked sense of humor? Most definitely. Is the food exceptional? Yes most definitely. Will she call you on bad behavior. Most definitely. Mind your p's and q's and you wont have a problem. Ally tells it like it is and is never far off base. Love ya to death Ally, keep up the good work and throw the riff raff out on their ears if they take things so seriously. I just wish I was still across the street from you so I could yell out THE USUAL.

2 Thank OneTrickPony440
“Best burgers in town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The food is great and reasonably priced. The burgers are the best in town.

The owner/ cook/ waitress can be a little rough around the edges, especially when the place is busy and she is working alone. Don't take it personally. Be patient. Reply when spoken to. Don't let your kids run around like they're at a playground. In short, act like a civilized human being and you will probably be treated like one.

And for God's sake put the cell phone down if you expect someone to take your order.

• Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Owner Acts Like a Rabid Chihuahua”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Let me preface this review by saying that I worked as a server for almost ten years, and I know how annoying customers with cell phones can be. This was not that situation.

I had been sitting at the counter with a friend for several minutes, waiting to place my order. I had my phone out because I was looking at a map. Without so much as saying hello to let us know she was ready to take our order, the owner blurts out that she will take my friend's order, but that I will have to email her mine. Haha, I thought, putting my cell phone away and smiling to let her know that I hadn't planned to keep my phone out while I was talking to her. Then the belligerent lunatic proceeded to yell at me about how rude I was being. I left without ordering. I would not trust somebody this unstable to touch my food.

• Visited May 2013