“Buffalo Bus Winter Tour”

Buffalo Bus Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover all that nature has to offer when you join the knowledgeable Buffalo Bus Touring Company guides on a tour of Yellowstone National Park. Ride along in their luxury coaches while you learn about the park’s flora and fauna, natural history, wildlife, and geothermal activity.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I am a photographer, and I travel often-usually alone so I can make my own agenda. I was very skeptical of this tour bus when I first boarded, unsure as to when we would stop and unsure if we would stop when we wanted to. Let me tell you, if you wanted to stop and the bus could stop, it did. If you are not interested in seeing Yellowstone and not interested in viewing wildlife, then this tour is probably not your thing. But the bus stopped for us, the people on the bus were mostly great company, and Scott (the tour Guide) was very knowledgeable about the wildlife, the volcanic formations, and the history of Yellowstone National Park. He grew up in West Yellowstone, and he lives there because he loves it!

The bus is only as wide as a traditional school bus. There are 2 seats on each side of the isle. If you need more room, pay for 2. I think it is a very good deal, every seat whether center or the window has a great view through large windows. On our trip we saw Bison, Trumpeter Swans, Elk, a Snowshoe Hare being chased by a Pine Martin, Blue Herons, Bald Eagles, a variety of ducks, and these were just on the way to and from the points of interest with planned stops. We also stopped and watched Old Faithful (with an hour to hike around, eat lunch, and chat with very friendly tourists), check out the Paint Pots and get a driving tour of points of interest in West Yellowstone with honest reviews.

I got some great shots, which can be viewed at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1380884502136408.1073741830.1380824322142426&type=3

The tour guide gave us our space when we wanted, the people on the bus were friendly and fun, and the tour guide gave us useful insight and predictions as to what to expect later in the tour so we didn't waste too much time during the early excitement.

2  Thank Scott C

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We toured Yellowstone in January 2014 with Anthony as our guide and it was a lifetime memorable experience. He was able to blend in an interesting fashion the geology, history, and naturalism of this beautiful place. The trip was really so special because of how informed and obviously excited Anthony is about this area. (Just as a side note, had to give hoarfrost another look---its deposition when go from gas to solid, ie ice crystals) Thank you Anthony for a trip my kids still speak of with fondness and gratitude.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Great Time. Our guide Rich really knew the park and went out of his way to show us a great time. We were traveling with my brother who has limited use of his legs and Rich was very accommodating and helpful. We visited in the winter, and would most certainly return in the summer in the future - of course Buffalo Bus / Snowcoach Tours.

I must mention the bus ride from the hotel (in Big Sky) to Yellowstone was also great.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My wife and I wanted to go to Yellowstone Park on our wedding anniversary and The Buffalo Bus Touring Company totally exceeded our expectations!
Our guide, Jon, picked us up at our hotel and then into the park we went.
Jon treated us like we were old friends and made everyone aboard feel comfortable and welcome.
Jon amazed us with his vast knowledge of Yellowstone's history both past and present and also explained the geography and geology that make Yellowstone the wonder that it is.
The snowcoach was roomy and comfortable with large windows for viewing and photography.
During our tour we were able to see elk, coyote, bald eagles, trumpeter swans, golden eyes, and of course the bison!
My wife is a wildlife artist and so she takes pictures to paint off of and the highlight of this trip had to be the bison.
Thanks to Jon we were able to get as close as legally possible to most of the wildlife and were able to take hundreds of photos.
Our guide took us on some walking tours around geysers and we also got to witness the Old Faithful eruption!
Make sure that you get the sack lunch which we enjoyed in a warm Yurt (by a wood stove fire) and the lunch was great!
I know this is a long review, but we just can't say enough about how much fun this was.
Do yourself a favor and just do it!
We will be back again soon!
John and Pamela Flynn

1  Thank Sirtravellots79
Reviewed February 10, 2014

What an awesome trip. Guide, Richard Russell, taught us so much about the park, it made the trip so interesting. He stopped wherever we wanted to take a multitude of pictures of sites, animals, and whatever. The snow coach was so comfortable. The sack lunch was fantastic. Richard took such good care of us. Thanks for a wonderful time.