“Gorgeous Victorian Home”

The Gingerbread House and Karen's Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia City
The Gingerbread House and Karen's Cabins
Virginia City, Montana, United States
“Gorgeous Victorian Home”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Gingerbread House is the most gorgeous bed and breakfast I have ever seen. The attention to detail in the home itself and in the service is outstanding. This is the most clean and elegant place to stay in Virginia City.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christina K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
hampshire
Reviewed September 23, 2013

fantastic family owned property
great host
we had the superb karen's cabin just behind the house, small but so cosy and decorated lovely
we also loved virginia city and nevada city, so much history
would highly recommend to my clients

Room Tip: any are good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We arrived in Virginia City needing a place to stay, and were extremely lucky because of a cancellation that Karen had two vacancies. The facilities are first class, the location is ideal, and Karen is a gracious host. We enjoyed talking with her about her experiences and our visit to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 326Richard
Billings, Montana
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We rented both cabins which are connected. Very comfortable and well stocked for breakfast. Delicious homemade treat in the morning and the owner brought us some fresh fruit also. Located just off the Main Street so easy walking distance. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Missoula
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I live in Montana and my wife and I wanted to visit Virginia City to see a play at the Opera House. Rather than staying in the near by town of Wisdom, MT, we elected to stay at the Gingerbread House. Unfortunately, a week before our stay our brother-in-law , who lived in Texas, passed away. The funeral would make it impossible for us to make our trip to Virginia City. I called the Gingerbread House and explained our situation. The owner was very cold and explained that the reservation was non refundable. We were not about to miss my brother-in-law's funeral so we could see a play!! My concern is with the owner's attitude-- she showed no compassion nor offered any options for using our reservation at a later date. I am a business owner and I understand the "ins-and-outs" of running a small business-- especially in the current economic climate. However, I do not treat my customers with a "do not care" attitude. The next time we will stay in Wisdom.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Tim S
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Thank you, Karen, for a great experience for my husband and myself during our three nights in Virginia City. We stayed one night in the Calamity Jane cabin, and two in the Bickford cabin. Both cabins were wonderfully appointed and came with a continental breakfast - a great, lazy way for this couple to start each day! Karen was readily available and the surrounding grounds are gorgeous. The cabins come highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We found this property on line and wanted to find something cute to stay in Virginia City and we found it. The house is amazing. The details are just fantastic from the outside structure, beautiful garden, paint, and beautiful decorations. Our host, Karen, was fantastic as well. She greeted us and poured us some wine. She made our dinner reservations and told us about the town and the house. The town is super small and walkable, so this is a perfect location.
The bathroom is a shared bathroom for the two rooms upstairs. But it is huge and luxurious. She prepared us an excellent breakfast that was ready for whenever we got up.
The only downfall was the big bed upstairs was a bit creaky for my husband to sleep. I didn't get a good sleep either but I don't blame the bed. However I was able to relax in her living room and read up on Virginia City history. The price seemed a bit high, although I actually don't know if it is the going rate in this famous little historical town.

Room Tip: I think the main house is perfect if you are in one party (two rooms). If not, I probably wouldn...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rpstory
Karen F, Owner at The Gingerbread House and Karen's Cabins, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Claudia: thank you for your review. I can't remember which room you and your husband
stayed in. Was it the twin bed room? I tried all the beds and none of them squeak but the
twin bed frames are not as ridged as the larger queen bed frame. Could that have been the
problem. Gosh, I wish you would have pointed that out while you were here as it would help me
identify the problem better and then fix it. I am glad that you otherwise enjoyed your stay. I know that I enjoyed you all as guests.
Take care, Karen
#5 of 5 in Cameron
Sportsman's Lodge
Sportsman's Lodge
#7 of 10 in Ennis

Been to The Gingerbread House and Karen's Cabins? Share your experiences!