“Worse tasting food ever.”
Review of Outlaw's Antiques & Cafe - CLOSED

Outlaw's Antiques & Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Worse tasting food ever I wouldn't even let my dog eat there dog food would taste better then that place but the service is real good n also the cook run the place and maybe he should go to culinary school.

2  Thank juggalochef
There are newer reviews for Outlaw's Antiques & Cafe

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The tables in this restaurant are actually set up in a second had store. You feel like you are eating in someones messy cluttered house. It is like you are going to someones house unannounced and they did not have time to straighten up. I ordered clam chowder and it was sour. Waitress was not the friendliest.

2  Thank Walter C
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This cafe was recommended by the locals for their Rueben Sandwich so I couldn't pass. Unfortunately when we arrived there was only a table for 5 people open and there were only 2 of us. Which they refused to let us sit at. We noticed there were 2 other customers who could not be seated either. So we all agreed to sit together. Unfortunately, we were still not 5 people so the somewhat curt waitress said we had to wait for a table of 4 to open. I mean this is September, there was no waiting line for people to come in and we were their last customers that afternoon. Really? Couldn't bend the rule a little for customer satisfaction? The good news was we made new friends. The service was okay, the Rueben Sandwich (which they switch to turkey for me) was excellent. My husband doesn't eat meat so he ordered the fried fish special which was okay and something he would never order, normally. The conversation was the highlight.

3  Thank vjv2007
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We ate at the Outlaw Cafe in Virginia City a quaint cafe with antiques, books and chotchkes for sale. The staff was very friendly and helpful - recommending the reuben sandwich, a favorite of the locals. As one of the few cafes open year round in Viriginia City, who serves not only tourists, but people coming to the Madison Co. Courthouse year-round, we took them up on their recommendation.

The service was fast and friendly, our reubens were huge but absolutely wonderful. We ate on a little table on their porch and watched the sun go down. They brought out a little carafe of soda for us, checked on us regularly and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. This isn't high-brow eating - this is a really nice little cafe with great food and very friendly staff. I highly recommend it as a place to eat during your visit to the town.

1  Thank maidenmt
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I ordered the chicken sandwich, my friend had the Reuben sandwich, and both were excellent, served with some of the best fries I've ever had. The servings were too generous. The waitress was friendly and efficient, but didn't offer me a refill on the coffee. It didn't take long to get our food and it was fun looking at all the antiques decorating the place while we waited. I will definitely eat here again next time I'm in Virginia City (looking forward to trying the French Dip sandwich!).