“The best place to stay on your way to Glacier Nat'l. Park or the Rocky Mountain Front!”
Review of Stone School Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valier
Stone School Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Valier B&B and Inns
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Stone School Inn! The building is beautifully restored and has such a fabulous history. The owner, Susan, has amazing decorating style and has it tastefully decorated with antique furniture and decor, it is so much fun to browse the place to enjoy the nice touches she has done.
The rooms are very quiet and comfortable and the beds were plush with excellent linens. The breakfast was so delicious, and Susan is very down-to-earth and a delight to visit with.
We just stayed one night because we met some friends for dinner that evening at The Lighthouse restaurant, which I highly recommend as well.
If you are on your way to or from Glacier National Park, or the beautiful Rocky Mountain Front and are looking for a place to rest up for the night, you will not find a better place!

Room Tip: We stayed in The Snow Goose Room. It was the best room there we felt, as there are only two rooms wi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MTtravelers2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Havre, Montana
Reviewed July 4, 2012

In a lot of other places, the Stone School Inn would get a 5 star review from me. The inn itself is a renovated historic building which is honestly beautiful inside and out, well designed and sensitively executed. (The pool table in the basement could be updated or at least leveled and repaired, but I've stayed in plenty on B&Bs without a pool table at all; so for me it was a nice addition.) The host is nice and down-to-earth and breakfast was quite tasty and very filling. So why not a better rating? Well, simply put: Valier, Montana. It's a nice-enough little town, and it is on 'the Front,' but that doesn't really alleviate the fact that there is nor much within and hour and a half of the Stone School Inn...unless you're just there to fish, but then I'm not sure I'd recommend such a B&B.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Havre, Montana
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The host was great, very down to earth. The rooms were decorated very simply and tastefully. Breakfast was great. Overall, a great and unique bed and breakfast!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kalley642
Denver
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here two nights on business trip to the general area in mid-June. Perfect center of operations. Days started early with an absolutely great breakfast, best part of the stay for me. Rooms were large, clean, quiet and comfortable. An old school house so ceilings are high. Good water pressure in the tub/shower in my room, fixtures looked brand new. Beds were comfortable but beware if you are tall as some have footboards. Great TV channel selection, some rooms have TV and some do not, but there is a TV in the basement where you eat breakfast. Nice library on the main level to read books and the grounds looked very nice; since I was gone most of the day I did not get to enjoy the place as much as I would have liked on a vacation. You are 5 minutes from the Lighthouse restaurant; don’t miss this place for dinner (closed Mondays-Tuesdays I think). Countryside is spectacular in the area and you are about a 45 minutes to 1 hour drive to East Glacier. I will definitely be back, no question about that. Thanks, Susan.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ColoradoDenver
Superior, Montana
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My work takes me traveling around MT, and I'm happy to say that Stone School Inn was my stop for a recent trip to the area. It's probably the most substantial structure in the area, and the interior is wonderfully warm and wonderful. Rooms are large and have excellent plumbing. Susan is thoughtful and friendly and surely makes you welcome.
You're way in the middle of nowhere when you're in Valier, so anticipate some cell phone difficulties, but that said, I appreciated the break, and Susan has a wired phone should you need it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Port Byron, IL
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed here for a business trip but it feels like I got a great little relaxing trip out of the experience. Even working sometimes 14 hour days, I was able to come back to the Inn and wake up more relaxed and refreshed each day. Though Susan, the Innkeeper, was out on her first vacation in 5 years, she brought some of her dear friends from the area to watch the place. They were such a delight and had so much history to share of the building and the area. It was such a pleasure to meet with them.

The view from the balcony can only best be experienced in person. It was just breathtaking, especially at dawn. I would jog up and down the lakeshore at night & enjoy making myself a quick dinner at the Inn in the evenings. As I was really the only tenant at the Inn, I did also explore the other rooms. If you are torn between any of the rooms, I would say that all of the rooms that I saw were fabulous. The pictures on her website do not do them justice. They are more amazing in person. There was not a single detail that was overlooked. My favorite part was that the toiletries also included lip balm! It gets dry in Montana & she was really thinking of her visitors!

You would not believe how spotless the B&B was as well. For what could be such a dark & cold building if you allowed it, it was so warm and inviting. Thank you for making such a special place & sharing it with people. As business will be bringing me to the area on an annual basis, I do look forward to my next trip to the Inn & to meet Susan personally.

Room Tip: I did sneak in to the other rooms that were not occupied & there is not a bad one in the place!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Katie B
Halsey, Oregon
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this inn in September of 2011 and found it to be an absolutely spotless and tastefully done conversion of a 100 year old stone schoolhouse. There is very obviously an extensive amount of thought, love, and cash put into this project, and the results are quite impressive. Susan is a friendly and gracious hostess as well as an excellent cook. The breakfast was simply wonderful. The inn is located on a side street in a very quiet and friendly little town. We ate at the Panther, a small, clean little restaurant on the main street. It is decidedly more economical than the Lighthouse, the food is very good, the help very courteous, and the atmosphere definitely one of a friendly local gathering place. Take the few miles off the main roads to experience this place; you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valier
Super 8 Cut Bank
Super 8 Conrad
Super 8 Conrad
#1 of 2 in Conrad
O'Haire Manor Motel & Apartments

Been to Stone School Inn? Share your experiences!