“My first choice in Montana!”
Review of King's Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Twin Bridges
King's Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Twin Bridges
Traverse City, Michigan
“My first choice in Montana!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Marsha, Don, and Matt, the owners of King's Motel, are truly the most caring, compassionate, professional, and experienced motel and fly fishing family I have ever met! What a delightful experience I had all three times I was their guest. I found the rooms to be more than adequate and exceptionally clean. Marsha's meals were delicious. Matt's guiding was the best I've ever experienced in Montana. I don't think any other place could beat the value!

• Stayed September 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Not many places left where you can find this combination of quaint, clean and comfortable accommodations, with meals to rival (or best) your mothers. I've stayed at Kings 5 years running and have had nothing but enjoyable stays. Don and Marsha are top notch hosts, and Matt will get you into fish. Had a career day with him last year: 20+ fish over 13" - topped off with cocktails on the porch and one of Marsha's fabulous meals.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This past July has been my 3rd stay at Kings Motel.
I am now trying to figure a way to stay for a month !!!

Don,Marsha, and Matt could not possibly do more to make you at home.
The accomadations are tops, the food is plentiful and top quality.....and the guide service with Matt and Flatline Outfitters will get you onto the fish !!!

I can assure you......this is the place you want to be.

Room Tip: all great !!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Recently stayed at Kings Motel in Twin Bridges, Montana August 4 through August 8. Stayed in room 7. The purpose of the trip was for fly fishing the Big Hole, Beaverhead and Madison Rivers. Don, Marsha and Matt treat you like family and go above and beyond to make sure you have a pleasant stay. The rooms are very clean, nicely decorated and the beds are comfortable.
I had the fisherman's package which included three meals a day. The food was wonderful and you never leave the table hungry. The fishermans package which was for 5 nights and 4 days of guided fishing is half the price of the other lodges in the area. Plus you get spoiled with exceptional service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Iowa Falls, Iowa
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This may have been the cleanest motel/hotel I have ever stayed in. We were in what I believe is the largest unit so we had a king size bed and a single bed in our room. The single made the perfect place for our luggage. The service is excellent. Marsha made certain we were comfortable. If you're there for the fishing package, expect to be really spoiled. We were there for a wedding so breakfast and dinner were not available to us. Marsha directed us to great places to eat. Nice one wall kitchen unit and table and chairs. Our room had a dresser and mirror outside the little bathroom so I had a place to put make up and toiletry items. The WiFi is a stretch, I could sit in my room and pick it up part of the time. comfortable furniture and benches in the yard that do receive WiFi, so I sat outside at times and connected. Small TV in our unit. We discovered that we could walk to anything in Twin Bridges and that was nice. We slept well, it cools off at night and the bed was comfortable. This is not a name brand hotel, it's family owned and operated. As for the price its seems a little high but we would have spent that in gas to drive to a hotel with more amenities and I would be certain it would not be as charming or as clean as Kings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mari16_12
Ventura County Coast, California
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed in Room 5 for 3 nights. It's a beautifully decorated, very clean and comfortable room, with a queen bed, full bath, flat-screen TV, and a little kitchen with mini-fridge, microwave, sink, basic table service, and eating counter with two folding chairs. The hosts were wonderful, very friendly, helpful, always asked how things were, etc. The room, however, is quite cramped. My husband kept saying he thought the bed wasn't a real queen - seemed too narrow and short - but it was definitely bigger than a double. There was barely enough room for the bed (whatever size it was), a small dresser, and one nightstand. On the other side of the bed was a large heater (a huge box), so if you wanted to put your glasses, a clock, a book, etc. on that side of the bed you had to put one of the folding chairs there, by the heater. There was no closet, just a couple of hooks mounted on the wall under the TV. There was nowhere to put your suitcase that wasn't in the way (make that 2 suitcases that were always in the way). To watch TV you either had to sit up in the bed or squeeze a folding chair between the foot of the bed and the dresser (the TV was mounted on the wall over the dresser). The bathroom was spotless and the shower was hot, had good water pressure, and good drainage, but instead of a vanity there was just a sink - no counter space for your toiletry bag(s). There were small bars of soap and a couple packets of shampoo, but no conditioner or lotion, and there was no hair dryer. We needed an ironing board and iron but had to borrow them from the office (happily provided, but still....). To get a signal for the free WiFi we had to either sit at a little counter on the tiny porch outside the office or in a chair in the back patio area...the cold rainy weather we had made those options less than ideal. Also, even though we wouldn't have used them, there's no pool, spa, or exercise room. Breakfast is not included unless you get the Fishermen's Package. As great as the hosts were, and as nicely decorated and clean as the room was, we felt the rate of $99 wasn't justified considering how cramped the room was and the lack of basic amenities like a closet, luggage storage space, a comfortable chair, and in-room WiFi.

Room Tip: Room 5 is well away from the street (quiet) but gets no WiFi signal.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aimless

Been to King's Motel? Share your experiences!