“Amazing Vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Troy
Kootenai River Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 4 Specialty Lodging in Troy
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Amazing Vacation”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Cabins at the Kootenai River Outfitters was the perfect vacation spot. If you enjoy nature and the outdoors this is the perfect place for you. We were able to see elk in the yard every morning and night. Eagles flew overhead every day. Fishing on Bull Lake was awesome. We stayed in cabin #3. The kitchen was fully equiped and the cabin was spotless. I would highly recommend anyone looking for the perfect getaway to stay to stay with Kootneai River Outfitters. We are looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you are looking for the most perfect cabin on water in the woods in beautiful Northwest Montana this is the place without question. We have stayed at many cabins & B&Bs in this area in the past 15 years .It is truly special. Our cabin # 3 is private - beautiful montana style - looks out on gorgeous Lake creek with a incredible view of the mountains. What more could you ask for.

Room Tip: Cabin #3 was perfect but all the cabins are great!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon D
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Usually I am to lazy to do any type of review, but for this cabin I have to give it a 5 star praise and hope others get a chance to experience bliss.

I went to cabin 3 from June 2nd through the 5th 2014 with my family and family friends. The cabin is awesome! Clean, a modern hook up if you want to have a lazy day. The view from the deck to the stream was great. I fished right from the bank and caught 6 fish (the stream was running really high and fast) so I was surprised I was able to catch a 14 inch bull!

I hiked from the cabin to Cowell Creek falls!!! It's a must see. I'm a rough outdoors guy so I stead of driving to the lake I took the raft and paddled to the lake. I saw moose, Bald eagles, osprey... Beautiful scenery!

Props to Robert(if I remember the name correctly) who stopped by and fed us all the knowledge of the area. He was very friendly and very accommodating.

If you want a nice getaway that allows you to be in nature, but not hard to get to (20 min from Troy and 1.5hrs from sandpoint ID) then please give this place a try. I will be making a return as soon as life permits me the chance.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jayferg86
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Star-filled sky and peaceful water flowing outside your door; the cabins at KRO couldn't be in a more beautiful setting! Robert and Jeanie are great hosts and couldn't have taken better care of us. The cabin was extremely clean and comfortable. Kayaking Lake Creek and Bull Lake from the cabin was so enjoyable, especially when the River Otters joined us! It's a great place for couples or families/friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbi K
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 31, 2013

These cabins are worth at least double what it costs to stay right on their private water. We liked them so much we decided to spend a fourth night instead of going somewhere else. Imagine casting a dry fly right up to an over hanging bank and WATCH the cutthroat trout sip your fly as if they had done it a thousand times before.

We explored almost the entire ranch during morning or early evening hikes with deer and wildlife everywhere. The first spot I fished had an eagle sitting across the stream in the highest tree just watching me fish.

We also spent a day floating the Kootenai with Robert and boy does he know the river!!! It is a huge river and if you didn't have a guide it would be very difficult to fish. We were served a shoreline lunch that hit all of the right buttons. Make sure you eat the cookies!!!He also suggested several other places to fish that we would have never known about without his suggestions.

If you don't plan to spend at least a couple of nights at the cabins you will certainly miss out why Montana is such a magical place. I can't wait until next summer when I can again come to this little bit of paradise. I also can imagine how much fun cross country skiing would be over all of the ranch property.

Thanks to the Winstrom's for being such great stewards of my new found piece of paradise..

Thanks

Hooper.

Room Tip: Ask for cabin 3 if you want to be closest to the river. You can't go wrong with any of the 3 ca...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael H
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Spent the day on the river with Robert and it was amazing. Mid day we stopped for lunch and it was over the top. Had some of the best cookies ever. That you guys for the hospitality! We will see you again soon.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Salmonflies
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Do contact these fine folks for a good time in a beautiful area. The scenery alone is worth it but the cabins are spacious and beautiful. We went last year and got married at one of their cabins. We did not take advantage of other services they offer but as soon as we left we wanted to go back. If you are looking for a special vacation in a beautiful area filled with mother nature and Great people give KRO a call. You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ayla515
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Venture Inn
Bobtail Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Sandman Motel
Sandman Motel
#5 of 6 in Libby

Been to Kootenai River Outfitters? Share your experiences!