“Historic romance!”

Washington
“Historic romance!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Wow!
Our visit was over a year ago but it was so memorable.

We were greeted by open and friendly staff with warm clothes and sparkling wine to refresh us.

The dark woods and well kept grounds were matched by beautiful views- a step back in time.

Dining was sublime with an excellent cut of beef and delicious creative desserts and cocktails. From beginning to end it was lovely.

Note this is historic hotels so you're not getting large rooms but we had everything we needed. And were very comfortable. Service was excellent.

Enjoy the ambience in this lovely restored hotel

Room Tip: If size matters to you- talk to reservations about that and they will recommend. Lots of stairs to c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Montana_Made_1, General Manager at Sacajawea Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to hear you had a great time at the Sacajawea Hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!

Warmest regards,

Hillary Folkvord (General Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed at the Sacajawea Hotel for a conference. Loved the historic building--even the creaky floors (honestly). Felt very pampered during my stay: complimentary champagne at check-in, bathrobes and calming spray in the rooms, fireplace in the restaurant. Our lodging and meeting accommodations were top-notch. Really enjoyed the room-service breakfast every morning. Don't miss out on the Wheat Montana pastries and the yummy yogurt and granola. The local brews on tap at the bar downstairs were excellent. Hope I have the chance to return during warmer weather to ride the free bicycles around town!

Room Tip: I had a room on the street. Enjoyed the view of this little main street, but the snow plows were out...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Montana_Made_1, Manager at Sacajawea Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Denise,

Thank you for the great review! I am thrilled to hear you had a great experience! We hope to see you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Hillary Folkvord
Great Falls, MT
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We decided on the long weekend to drive out of town and stay somewhere we have never stayed at before. Found this gem in a small town 2 hours from home. Hotel is only a 30 minute drive from Bozeman Mt. The service was top notch, from the moment we checked in till we left. Very surprised to see all the extra amenities (Lotion, toiletries, lip balm, pillow spray, chocolates, champagne at check-in, list goes on) Super clean room and common areas. First time we've had breakfast delivered to the room as part of the standard hotel price. We also ate at Pompey's grill, very nice see my separate review. Highly recommend for a romantic getaway or splurge.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank washmont
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed January 20, 2014

OK, so you may think I'm a cretin, but usually I am not fond of "historic" hotels. Usually the walls are thin, the beds are creaky, and the bathroom is down the hall. But the Sacajawea is NOT that! Our room (including the bed) was very comfortable, and yes, the walls are a bit thin, but I thought they addressed that very tastefully by reminding us that we're in an old hotel and also offering earplugs. The bathroom is clean and has nice products and towels.

The hotel's outdoor porch is gorgeous with comfy chairs and late afternoon sun. The lobby is also nice and cozy for gathering with friends.

We were at the hotel for a wedding, and the food we ate was specifically for a reception dinner, so I can't comment on the regular menu service. Our meal was fantastic! Delicious beef, green beans, salad, etc. Everything was definitely presented nicely and was very delicious. There are several nice Montana microbrews on tap in the hotel bar. The bar downstairs has a little less selection but is definitely a rockin' fun place to hang out--much more like local small-town Montana bars, which are really fun.

So all in all, the Sacajawea Hotel makes me rethink my aversion to historic hotels. It was classy, clean, comfortable and an all-around great experience. And if you're the type who already loves historic hotels, you're in for a treat here.

Room Tip: If you pick a top floor room, you wouldn't hear any footsteps creaking above. And, apparently so...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Columbia Falls, Montana, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at the Sacajawea Hotel two years ago and was amazed at that time at how wonderful it was. I recently returned to Three Forks, Montana passing through from West Virginia to my home in Whitefish, Montana. I checked into the Sacajawea and was greeted with a glass of champagne and the most beautiful smiles among the staff. Traveling as one I booked the smallest room at $105.00 and the amenities were perfect in keeping with a New York City Hotel. I went to the bar downstairs for dinner but was allowed to order from the restaurant menu upstairs. I must say that the dinner was one of the best I have ever had on the road. I had the Halibut with Green Beans and Potato Cake as well as a cup of French Beef Stew which was out of this world. The Halibut, which is one of the few fishes I cannot master to cook, was the best I have EVER had! Important to note is that breakfast is served as room service. You must put your order in the night before and it is delivered to your room. There is no service in the dinning room for breakfast.

As a side-note, Three Forks, Montana is of great historical significance in that it is the site of the headwaters of the Missouri River. The Missouri is formed here by the combination of the Jefferson, Madison and the Gallatin Rivers which surround the Sacajawea Hotel. Lewis and Clark arrived at this site on July 25, 1805 and named the rivers and saw the Rocky Mountains for the first time.

The Sacajawea Hotel is well worth driving out of your way and to spend a half day or so just seeing the rivers and the formation of the Missouri. The word "confluence" means "happy beginning" an this earthly spot is surely one.

Room Tip: Stay on second floor on Friday and Saturday nights if you want to avoid music from the entertainment...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jim W
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was really impressed with this property. The room was spotless, the bed comfortable and the common spaces lovely. There is a large covered porch with very comfortable seating from which to enjoy a glass of wine. The beautifully refurbished lobby was a great place to enjoy breakfast and chat with other guests. The restaurant featured wonderful selections and went out of there way to accommodate my Vegan needs. The hotel is close to a track and wonderful walking trail as well. It was a great place to get away and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the room with the claw foot tub. Number 102 on the main level, but upstairs may be quiete...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Vietbiker
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Clean room, staff is excellent. My wife is a vegetarian, when we made our dinner resorvation I mentioned it to the host and the chef prepared a dish just for her that wasn't on the menu. The hotel is beautiful.

• Stayed July 2013
#2 of 2 in Three Forks
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 4 in Belgrade

Been to Sacajawea Hotel? Share your experiences!