“A Delightful Hotel!”
Review of Sacajawea Hotel

Sacajawea Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Three Forks B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed at the Sacajawea Hotel for a conference. Loved the historic building--even the creaky floors (honestly). Felt very pampered during my stay: complimentary champagne at check-in, bathrobes and calming spray in the rooms, fireplace in the restaurant. Our lodging and meeting accommodations were top-notch. Really enjoyed the room-service breakfast every morning. Don't miss out on the Wheat Montana pastries and the yummy yogurt and granola. The local brews on tap at the bar downstairs were excellent. Hope I have the chance to return during warmer weather to ride the free bicycles around town!

Room Tip: I had a room on the street. Enjoyed the view of this little main street, but the snow plows were out...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Montana_Made_1, Manager at Sacajawea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear Denise,

Thank you for the great review! I am thrilled to hear you had a great experience! We hope to see you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Hillary Folkvord

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We decided on the long weekend to drive out of town and stay somewhere we have never stayed at before. Found this gem in a small town 2 hours from home. Hotel is only a 30 minute drive from Bozeman Mt. The service was top notch, from the moment we checked in till we left. Very surprised to see all the extra amenities (Lotion, toiletries, lip balm, pillow spray, chocolates, champagne at check-in, list goes on) Super clean room and common areas. First time we've had breakfast delivered to the room as part of the standard hotel price. We also ate at Pompey's grill, very nice see my separate review. Highly recommend for a romantic getaway or splurge.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank washmont
Reviewed January 20, 2014

OK, so you may think I'm a cretin, but usually I am not fond of "historic" hotels. Usually the walls are thin, the beds are creaky, and the bathroom is down the hall. But the Sacajawea is NOT that! Our room (including the bed) was very comfortable, and yes, the walls are a bit thin, but I thought they addressed that very tastefully by reminding us that we're in an old hotel and also offering earplugs. The bathroom is clean and has nice products and towels.

The hotel's outdoor porch is gorgeous with comfy chairs and late afternoon sun. The lobby is also nice and cozy for gathering with friends.

We were at the hotel for a wedding, and the food we ate was specifically for a reception dinner, so I can't comment on the regular menu service. Our meal was fantastic! Delicious beef, green beans, salad, etc. Everything was definitely presented nicely and was very delicious. There are several nice Montana microbrews on tap in the hotel bar. The bar downstairs has a little less selection but is definitely a rockin' fun place to hang out--much more like local small-town Montana bars, which are really fun.

So all in all, the Sacajawea Hotel makes me rethink my aversion to historic hotels. It was classy, clean, comfortable and an all-around great experience. And if you're the type who already loves historic hotels, you're in for a treat here.

Room Tip: If you pick a top floor room, you wouldn't hear any footsteps creaking above. And, apparently so...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at the Sacajawea Hotel two years ago and was amazed at that time at how wonderful it was. I recently returned to Three Forks, Montana passing through from West Virginia to my home in Whitefish, Montana. I checked into the Sacajawea and was greeted with a glass of champagne and the most beautiful smiles among the staff. Traveling as one I booked the smallest room at $105.00 and the amenities were perfect in keeping with a New York City Hotel. I went to the bar downstairs for dinner but was allowed to order from the restaurant menu upstairs. I must say that the dinner was one of the best I have ever had on the road. I had the Halibut with Green Beans and Potato Cake as well as a cup of French Beef Stew which was out of this world. The Halibut, which is one of the few fishes I cannot master to cook, was the best I have EVER had! Important to note is that breakfast is served as room service. You must put your order in the night before and it is delivered to your room. There is no service in the dinning room for breakfast.

As a side-note, Three Forks, Montana is of great historical significance in that it is the site of the headwaters of the Missouri River. The Missouri is formed here by the combination of the Jefferson, Madison and the Gallatin Rivers which surround the Sacajawea Hotel. Lewis and Clark arrived at this site on July 25, 1805 and named the rivers and saw the Rocky Mountains for the first time.

The Sacajawea Hotel is well worth driving out of your way and to spend a half day or so just seeing the rivers and the formation of the Missouri. The word "confluence" means "happy beginning" an this earthly spot is surely one.

Room Tip: Stay on second floor on Friday and Saturday nights if you want to avoid music from the entertainment...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was really impressed with this property. The room was spotless, the bed comfortable and the common spaces lovely. There is a large covered porch with very comfortable seating from which to enjoy a glass of wine. The beautifully refurbished lobby was a great place to enjoy breakfast and chat with other guests. The restaurant featured wonderful selections and went out of there way to accommodate my Vegan needs. The hotel is close to a track and wonderful walking trail as well. It was a great place to get away and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the room with the claw foot tub. Number 102 on the main level, but upstairs may be quiete...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Vietbiker
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Clean room, staff is excellent. My wife is a vegetarian, when we made our dinner resorvation I mentioned it to the host and the chef prepared a dish just for her that wasn't on the menu. The hotel is beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cheeseburger88
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Sacajawea Hotel is a beautiful, and nicely renovated, historic hotel, but what makes this place stand out is the service. They are ALL about the service.
The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and, after check-in, always greeted me by name (and always with a smile)!
Every staff member goes out of their way to do whatever possible to make your stay pleasant. Our troubles were only small ones--forgotten toiletries, sleepware, etc., but never have I had a hotel staff work so hard to fix any problem.
The amazing service begins with a complimentary glass of champagne & cool scented hand towels upon check-in. (The pleasure of the hand towels on a hot day after being in a hot car cannot be overstated.) It continues with offers of dinner or brunch reservations, a lovely, well-appointed room, quick service in the bar, and prompt friendly attention at the main desk, and concluded with a friendly and efficient check-out. I cannot fault the service in any way and, in fact, would suggest The Sacajawea Hotel provides the gold standard of service in Montana.
As others have noted, the room has a shower only-no bathtub, which wouldn't be my first choice but is certainly acceptable.
On a Saturday the bar can get quite crowded, which does affect the service, but I'm too realistic for this to be a real fault.
The only disappointment to our stay was the in-room breakfast. The oatmeal was cold, the pastries sub-par, and the fruit had seen better days. But I didn't select this hotel based on the breakfast, so I'm not going to base a review on the breakfast. The coffee was set up in a central area and it was VERY good, as was the juice. Actual ceramic mugs are provided, instead of styrofoam or paper cuts. This is just another of the many details that receive attention at the Sac. Like I said--they are all about the service.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street and we never heard a peep. Rooms over the bar are likely noisier. We...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Travelodge Three Forks
Travelodge Three Forks
#2 of 2 in Three Forks
Super 8 Belgrade/Bozeman Airport

Been to Sacajawea Hotel? Share your experiences!