“Very Romantic!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Three Forks B&B and Inns
Great Falls, Montana
“Very Romantic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find such a gem in Three Forks! The Hotel is gorgeous! They defiantly paid attention to detail when it was restored. Upon arriving we received complimentary champagne, which in my opinion is a perfect way to start a mini-vacation. The room we reserved was a king room and it was beautiful! The furnishings, bedding etc were top notch, one complaint was the room was a bit warm but nothing that was unbearable. We had made reservations, which I suggest you do, the food was amazing!! We consider ourselves foodies and this was top of the line, as was the service. The bar that adjoins the restaurant was a little stuffy but other than that the place was fantastic. We will defiantly be returning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Lakeside, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I live in Montana and have driven by Three Forks many, many times and always promised myself that I would one day stay at the Sacajawea Hotel, well today is that day...and I'm more impressed than I thought I would be. The hotel is historic and it has been renovated beautifully. The Lobby is incredible, the rooms are very nice and the staff is great. I would recommend this hotel highly, you won't be sorry you stopped.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Had to do a company event west of Bozeman and a friend recommended the "Sac". I don't know that I have ever enjoyed staying at a hotel as much as I have at the Sacajawea. The Folkvord family has done an amazing job of restoring this historic hotel to it's former glory and Hillary, Dorothy, Patricia, Pat and the rest of the staff were the best I have ever dealt with and I travel constantly for business.
They also managed to steal a star chef from a competitor and their dining room is amazing. The duck quesadilla appetizer and Wagyu beef are both a "don't miss" in my book. The bars (fancy bar upstairs and sports bar downstairs) have a better selection of Scotch and bourbon than I have seen anywhere ever. And I am a serious bourbon junkie. All THREE versions of Pappy Van Winkel???? Seriously? Never seen that outside of Louisville, Kentucky. And Carleigh the head bartender (bartendress?) even express ordered a bourbon for us that we drank her out of.
Every single member of the staff from front desk to wait staff to bartenders to housekeeping made every effort to make us all feel at home and very welcome. I will definitely be back here both on business and for relaxation.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor on the continental breakfast room level. The rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I loved this place! It is a 1920's hotel that has been renovated but kept with period details and the original charm. The front wrap-around porch is great, and the lobby filled with dark wood and luxury furniture. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was very nice, and the king bed was very comfortable. The included continental breakfast was nice, and their pastries were exceptional. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Christian377
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a wonderfully restored beauty! Lots of dark wood and period furnishings. The beds are exceptionally comfortable. Excellent service from the front desk staff and the servers/bartenders in the restaurant and bar. The food in Pompey's Restaurant is exceptional! Did I mention that the price is very modest? The Sac was half the price of our previous night's hotel and was the hands-down winner. Don't miss this historic beauty when in Three Forks.

Room Tip: 2nd floor worked well for us. Probably better views from the third floor, but that's a lot of st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bogusmalarky
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel at the end of July. It has a beautiful appearance from the outside and in the lobby. I was disappointed with the room. Our room was on the first floor and was the smallest room I've ever stayed in. It was so small that there was no desk/table to set anything on AND didn't even have a luggage stand so my suitcase ended up on the floor in a corner. We both had to carefully step around it when moving in the room. The bed was comfortable but soft. We knew there was a live band and honestly the music didn't bother me or keep me from falling asleep. The bathroom was nice with a lovely roomy shower however we had little to no hot water the evening we checked in or the next morning. When I did get hot water it was in blasts causing me to jump back in the shower. I thought this strange for such a nice looking property. I loved the deep front porch and the overall look of the hotel and friendly staff but I wouldn't stay again due to the poor value for the money overall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte Amalie, VI, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Warm greetings at the front desk...an exceptionally restored (amazing ceilings!) landmark hotel that manages to be both intimate and grand... complimentary champagne on the wide, gracious front porch...tall-ceilinged bedrooms with nice linens and crisply-outfitted bathrooms... 4 complimentary bikes for meandering the town at close range (don't miss seeing the amazing shed-antler collection of "The Antler Man" on Ash Ave.; call for appt.)... followed by an excellent dinner in the hotel's historic dining room. The diminutive, sparkly owner was still on-site and enthusiastic at 11pm, Saturday night, and took time for warm conversation with us before tending to the lively nightclub music scene in the hotel's lower level. We're smitten! A wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
#5 of 12 in Bozeman
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 4 in Belgrade

Been to Sacajawea Hotel? Share your experiences!