“Always wonderful”

Pompey’s Grill
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Three Forks
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here at the Sacajawea Hotel we have two great spots for you to enjoy food or drink in our beautiful setting. Stop into Pompey's Grill or Sacajawea Bar & Diner and try any one of our great dishes. After dinner head down to the Sacajawea Bar for a drink, a game of poker, or live music and dancing. No matter what you are looking for, we have you covered. Our dining room at Pompey's Grill features an extensive menu sure to please the most discriminating palette. Big Certified Angus Beef Steaks are on the menu, all hand-cut by our Executive Chef who then fires them hot on a wood smoke grill. Our wine list is extensive, with many varietals from different regions, all paired to complement the cuisine. Our casual watering hole, the Sacajawea Bar, is the place to be. Lively conversation, a bar menu, and live music on the weekends are the reasons why our downstairs bar is so popular. The 100 year old clear fir boards that once graced the floor of the Front Porch were re-purposed as wainscoting on the walls, and the old porch railings are now where you rest your boots while bellying up to the bar. Gaming machines and a Live Poker Room, which doubles as a meeting space, are ready for when the mood strikes. The Hotel was brought back to life in 2010, this Historic Gem is celebrating in Grand Style. From top to bottom, we have made every effort to ensure a comfortable and unique experience for all of our guests. Whether you are here for the afternoon or a week, you will be welcomed by our staff and made to feel like family.
Billings, Montana
“Always wonderful”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The "Sac" became a destination for us about three years ago. Usually a romantic weekend and a special meal at Pompey's Grill. While we haven't been up for a weekend, we have made it a point to stop for dinner. We again were traveling with friends for this visit.

The other couple began their meal with an order of clams, we with a shrimp & crab cocktail. Our friend raved about the sauce from the clams, requesting additional bread to better retreive the last drop. We enjoyed our cocktail, loaded with one claw and five lovely shrimp. The sauce was a tasty blend of cucumber, onion, tomatos, horseradish, vodka as well as other flavors Excellent!

Entrees included a blackened salmon with andule sausage for the men, rack of lamb for the ladies. Conversation came to an abrupt halt and we happily devoured our meals. Flavors were a bit unique, including a huckleberry sauce on the lamb.

On to dessert, a Chocolate Bombe and a Coconut Cream Pie. Both were exceptionally good and were large enough to share.

Add two bottles of wine and a half-hour on their beautiful porch, and it was a perfect evening.

Two shared appetizers, four entrees, two shared desserts and two bottles of wine=$250. Worth every cent.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Robert D

Lee Vining, California
“all you can eat crab”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

in the middle of Montana--perfectly cooked, with delightful wine pairings. and of course dessert--lovely dinner for two

Visited August 2014
Helena, Montana
“Excellent Meal in a Historic Hotel”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

In the small town of Three Forks, Montana at the headwaters of the Missouri River you'll find the Sacajawea Hotel. It's worth stopping here just to see the hotel but also consider eating at the restaurant. The food is excellent, the service is friendly, and the prices are reasonable.

Pompey's (named after Sacajawea's son)Bar and Grill is in the basement. We didn't eat there but the beer was cold and the atmosphere was friendly. You can even get a Moscow mule served in an authentic copper mug.

• Visited August 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Great Dining Room in Historic Sacajawea Hotel”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I ate here on a Saturday evening in mid July. We enjoyed exploring the public areas of the hotel before sitting down for dinner. Our meals were excellent and reasonably priced. Sydney, our server, was attentive and provided an excellent description of the specials available. We are glad that we stopped at this historic location.

• Visited July 2014
“Sacajawea Hotel - an amazing surprise”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had been on the road for nearly 7 weeks. In Washington state we decided to follow the Lewis and Clark trail as far east as we could. We were driving east in Montana, along Highway 90. Our destination for this night was Billings, Montana. We began to see billboards for the historic Sacajawea Hotel. We decided since it was an historic hotel to stop and take a look. Plus it was in keeping with our theme of the Lewis and Clark Trail. The moment we walked through the door my husband smiled, turned to me and said, "we have to stay here." The hotel had recently been restored. It was like stepping back in time. But once we got our room we had every amenity that today's technology offers. Plus an array of niceties conceived by someone with a great eye toward pampering her guests. The Gilchrist and Soames toiletries put a smile on my face, but the tiny container of lip balm elicited a squeal of delight. Not to mention the chocolates on the pillow, the spritzer for the linens, the earplugs, the bathrobes, the champagne on check in! But I think what sent me over the top and made me decide to write my first Trip Adviser review was Pompey's Grill. Although I've been a practicing vegetarian for 3 1/2 years I was completely conflicted over which entrée to choose: Montana Bison Short Ribs braised in Scotch ale, or the Yellowstone Grass-fed Beef Ribeye. I went for the ribeye. It proved to be a great item with which to break my diet! But wait, did I mention the complimentary breakfast in bed served to all guests? Or the wraparound front porch? Seven weeks on the road, staying in a variety of hotels and motels, this was without a doubt my favorite. I must mention the wonderful staff as well. It was so clear they enjoyed their jobs by the care they put into their respective tasks.

3 Thank Mary C