“Friendly and Clean!”
Review of Falls Motel

Falls Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Thompson Falls
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Over the 4th of July weekend I traveled to Thompson Falls, Mt. We booked a room at the Falls Motel which was my first visit. We will definitely will be returning! The rooms were very clean and quaint and the staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. From flat screens, mini fridges, and microwaves in the room to the staff giving awesome recommendations for kyaking and hiking trails.

Room Tip: We booked room # 28 which has 2 queen beds. However, we did take a peak at their suite which was bea...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
FallsMotelMT, Owner at Falls Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

You've hit on a couple items we find critical to our business for our customers: clean rooms & great customer service. Thank you for sharing our little secret with other TripAdvsior.com fans. We look forward to your future treks over the mountain to our woods.

There are newer reviews for Falls Motel

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our annual pilgrimage on the bike brought us through TF. We always stay at the Falls motel. Katrina and Mark have built a wonderful little gem and honestly is one of the reasons we choose this route on the bike. This year we were fortunate enough to stay the new suite. What a treat, our own courtyard and impecibally clean and comfortable room. Thanks guys we'll look forward to seeing you next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
FallsMotelMT, Manager at Falls Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

We were so happy to have you back! Thank you for the compliment and great review. We truly did hope you loved the new King suite - so it's good to hear you did. We look forward to seeing you next summer on your annual ride.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were traving around western Montana and decided to spend the nite in Thompson Falls. We went on-line and found Falls Motel web site. The web site was easy to use and we booked a room. The price was somewhat lower than we had been paying and our experience with lower priced rooms left us wondering what we would find. Our first impression wasn't good. The outside was in need of a makeover and I drive around the block a few times trying to make up my mind whether to look somewhere else. With no other lodging in site and two kids in the car I decided to take a chance. Was I suprised! The room was very large and very clean. New bathroom, floors, walls. The TV, refrigerator and plumbing were all new. Wi-Fi was available and the decor of the rooms was very pleasent. The owner was very pleasent and helpful with ideas for dining and local activities. With the exception of a brand new motel (with swimming pool) that we stayed in our first night on the road, we all agreed that this was our favorite room during our two-week trip. We were in Thompson Falls to visit friends of ours who had moved there from Chicago. Other of our aquaintances plan to visit them in the months and years ahead. We will gladly recommend Falls Motel To them.

Ross M.
Countryside,IL

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ross M
FallsMotelMT, Owner at Falls Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

We VERY MUCH appreciate that you took the risk and came on in.

It's true - our "curb appeal" needs some help. Since we purchased the motel we've spent time, money and energy in the inside of our rooms. We felt from the get-go that this was the first priority since it is where our guests spend the majority of their time. We want our guests to have clean, comfortable rooms so they can relax and focus on the reason they came to Thompson Falls (visit with friends).

Now that we're almost done with all the rooms, we've been turning our attention to planning how to transform the exterior so it reflects what's inside. Stay tuned...

Reviewed June 27, 2013

had a great visit back home. hotel was clean and the customer service was great. Everything you could ask for in a tiny town. I've stayed at nicer hotels and had less amenities - for example, the Hilton doesn't have refrigerators in the rooms. It was a friendly place and I'm glad I stayed there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lucas V
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I first had the opportunity of staying at this motel in the fall of 2011 while taking a different route back from a business meeting in Missoula to Seattle. This a family owned place run by a couple who provide very personalized service without being intrusive. It is not a luxury establishment that one would find in a large city but is very clean with large, comfortable rooms. They come complete with refrigerator and microwave which is important since the motel is located in a small, rural community with limited restaurant options. The scenery is awesome and the nearby fishing is excellent. I enjoyed my stay so much that I repeated the process and returned in the fall of 2012. I hope to visit again and would highly recommend this motel to anyone looking for a pleasant lodging experience in a beautiful rural area where accomodations are few and far between.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Chris H
FallsMotelMT, Owner at Falls Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

What a pleasant surprise to receive this glowing review of our motel. We very much appreciate our customers! When we get these positive comments we know we're doing something right. We look forward to seeing you next time you take the "other more scenic route" back to Seattle. What many people do not know is that Mt. Hwy 200 through Sanders County parallels I-90. There is a mountain range in between. It does make a nice, though slower, route to travel - but the scenery, potential to see wildlife, the charm of the rural communities are worth the drive. Thank you again and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I wanted to take a different road then I happened upon this motel. Quite a little gem in 'backwoods america'. The owners (husband and wife) made me feel like an old friend. The notel has large rooms and although it is older than most...it is very clean and lost of room to move around. The husband suggested I take the walk south across a foot bridge to an idland in the river behind the motel...I sugggest you do the same...I will not spoil the surprise. A tip...it is located on a side street behind the Townpump.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jim E
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I visited this motel to go do some fishing and found it to be much better than I expected. The room was very clean and included a microwave and fridge which was great. The couple running the motel was very nice and helped me to find good places to fish. One of them even called my room to warn me of ticks should I journey through the weeds and trees. Food and a bit of gambling was within walking distance so that was a big bonus. I will stay there again once Thompson River is open for fishing :-)

Lastly they are very pet friendly there and have a nice area to take dogs to run around and do their business.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank rparsons1000
FallsMotelMT, Owner at Falls Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

We try to keep our guests informed about the area. We had gone hiking the weekend before and came across ticks - so it gave us the reminder to warn our customers who are coming here to enjoy the outdoors. We want all our guests to have a great experience during their visit.

Yep, we are dog friendly - but for those of you who are allergic, we also have rooms that are not dog friendly and we can guarantee that since we've remodeled our rooms, no dog (or other animal) has been in them. Just let us know!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review - it's always such a nice surprise! See you next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thompson Falls
#2 of 2 in Trout Creek
Rimrock Lodge
Rimrock Lodge
#2 of 3 in Thompson Falls

Been to Falls Motel? Share your experiences!