Imagine the pressure of planning accommodations for 10 motorcyclists on a 4 day loop from Calgary to Helena and back. Add to the mix that the age range is from 25 to 58, the weather is iffy, and most of us are related ……
See my relief when we arrived at the Laughing Horse Lodge to find it everything promised on the website, and more! The Lodge oozes charm, and a blackboard on the front step listed directions to the rooms prepared for us. Kathleen greeted us as we were settling in, with offers of coffee or beer – and we all chorused ‘beer’! It had been a long ride, and we were stopped for the night, so it was time to unwind. This rider especially appreciated the bubble bath provided!
The lounge is cozy, with well stocked library, beer on tap and a selection of wines available on the honour system and TV for those inclined. Lovely flower beds bloomed amid art treasures and surrounded an outdoor courtyard - a delightful surprise and the perfect place to recount the sights of our trip. The rooms are laid out in an L-shape and linked together by a wooden porch. The rooms were quaint, comfortable and clean.
Dinner was wonderful – plenty to choose from for the carnivores and the veggie folks. Very reasonable prices, everything was tasty – and my advice to all is to leave room for dessert!
The hot breakfast included was much more than anticipated – I arrived last to our table, and made the mistake of thinking that the hot cereal, fresh fruit, scones and coffee was ‘all’ there was. But that was just the first course!
Kathleen is refreshingly forthright and extremely competent – and great fun! Treat yourself to her great hospitality and book into the Laughing Horse Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- European-style road house featuring gourmet dining and comfortable, quiet rooms - no TVs, Phones, or Alarm clocks in rooms, no cell service on property. Non-smoking dogs welcome. Complimentary WiFi. Near Glacier National Park and Bob Marshall Wilderness. Perfect for weekend getaways, intimate weddings, family reunions and retreats. Open May through October. Dining room known for presenting mostly organic, always fresh and totally delicious meals - gluten and dairy free, as well as vegan meals available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Laughing Horse Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laughing Horse Hotel Swan Lake
- Laughing Horse Lodge Swan Lake, Montana