My husband and I were lucky enough to send the kids off with the grandparents so we could enjoy our anniversary getaway in the Swan Mountain Range. We first visited the Swan about ten years ago, and I immediately fell in love with the place! After looking at the few option of places to stay, we decided on the Laughing Horse Lodge. Unsure of what to expect, I was tickled pink when we pulled up front to the quaint little lodge. The whiteboard, posted on the front porch, announced that check-in was self-service, we were in room #2, the room was unlocked, and we could find the key on the windowsill:-) I immediately knew that I was going to love the place! I wish I had more pictures to share because it doesn’t do it justice. Each room has a private entrance and the inside is cleverly decorated to look like a log cabin. So cute!! The back yard had a beautiful flower garden and green foliage and chairs to relax in, a perfect, inviting spot that called out and said “relax for a while and read a good book!”.
Dinner was just as entertaining. Laughing Horse also boasts a gourmet restaurant, and the ever friendly chef who came out to greet the restaurant patrons, was none other than the owner herself. My seared ahi steak on a fresh bed of lettuce, picked from the garden out back, was incredible! Breakfast was amazing as well, blueberry & peach pancakes, eggs, and fresh bacon.
If you ever get a chance to vacation in Montana, the Seeley/Swan Range is a must-see, and if you’re looking for overnight lodging that feels like authentic Montana, don’t hesitate to stay at The Laughing Horse. I can’t wait to go back again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- European-style road house featuring gourmet dining and comfortable, quiet rooms - no TVs, Phones, or Alarm clocks in rooms, no cell service on property. Non-smoking dogs welcome. Complimentary WiFi. Near Glacier National Park and Bob Marshall Wilderness. Perfect for weekend getaways, intimate weddings, family reunions and retreats. Open May through October. Dining room known for presenting mostly organic, always fresh and totally delicious meals - gluten and dairy free, as well as vegan meals available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Laughing Horse Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laughing Horse Hotel Swan Lake
- Laughing Horse Lodge Swan Lake, Montana