“great food in a beautiful place”
Review of Laughing Horse Lodge - MOVED

Laughing Horse Lodge
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mostly organic. Always fresh. Totally delicious... Intimate, fine dining without the attitude. Exceptional service and value. Open for dinner Wednesday - Sunday, May - October. Special FreeFall Tuesday Chef's Table events and catering.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have had a few meals here while visiting Swan Lake. The food is excellent. Service is slow but hey I was on vacation. The owner/chef is great. I have had breakfast and dinners here. Nice open area out back to eat or inside.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We had a reservation and were not impressed with the service. I ordered a steak, which was not very good and my husband had fish. The prices were high and the food was underwhelming. I liked the seating area and flowers around the place but will not return.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Lovely summer night in the garden at the Laughing Horse. We were welcomed by Kathleen and her staff and made comfortable. The three restaurant dogs were snoozing in the yard and occasionally visiting the tables to check out the action.

We shared plates of the mushrooms cooked with Gorgonzola sauce to begin. Two of us had linguine ala pesto - one with chicken, the other with shrimp - a very nicely done dish. The seafood fans were happy, too. The Mediterranean fisherman's soup was full of delicious tidbits swimming in a broth of tomato and smoked paprika. The ahi tuna steak was tasty and cooked perfectly with a particularly good Asian rice side dish. The burgers are also delicious and huge!

We finished our meal with pie and ice cream and coffee. Kathleen the chef/owner stopped to visit while we enjoyed our dessert, adding a real personal touch to a wonderful evening.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Would love to stay here, but have had the great pleasure to dine at Laughing Horse. The restaurant is warm and welcoming, complete with a couple of lovable (but not interfering) dogs. The menu is always different, clever and unique and everything tastes exquisite! The owner, whose art decorates the walls, is charming, and the decor a homey, Montana-like lodge. Most definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had made a reservation for dinner with my parents and friends visiting from San Francisco. We were kept waiting even with our reservation. Then we were told they were out of most everything and were waiting to close. I will never go back!!