“Fantastic...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sula
Lost Trail Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sula
Bozeman, Montana
“Fantastic...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I went there for the weekend, and we were INCREDIBLY impressed. The cabin we rented was only $92, and included a kitchenette with sink, fridge and stove, as well as a full bath and queen size bed. We ate at the kitchen table overlooking the forest, with deer, rabbits and squirrels. The bed was very comfortable, and the cabin was immaculate. It even had a screened porch. The food, particularly the calzones and pizza, were the best we have ever eaten. The pool was perfect for a hot springs, not too hot and not too cold... kids can stand to be in at all day. If you want something hotter, the large hot tub is next to the pool, as is the dry sauna. This, combined with the friendly owners, made for a perfect, slow-paced, relaxing weekend at a great price. It is a very family oriented and relaxing place, so if you're looking to "party", find someplace else to go. For those of us who are a little more mature, it is perfect.

Room Tip: Talk to the owners about your wants, there are several cabins to choose from in addition to the lodg...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul-in-Montana
lths, Owner at Lost Trail Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
It's always good to hear about positive experiences! We're glad you enjoyed the pizzas. We are very proud of them. The calzones were great as a summer special. We hope we have the opportunity to share them again in the future. Thanks for your kind words but more importantly thanks for having a good, relaxing time. Come again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I went up for a weekend getaway and were not disappointed! The family that owns the hotel are very nice and it is truly the best homemade pizza and calzones on the planet! Notice I said "relax,"....this is NOT a party place, unlike other hot springs resorts we've been to in Montana. Location is beautiful. Stayed in rustic cabin--had comfy bed, stove, sink, shower, toilet, and screened porch. Very CUTE and well worth the money! Had the pool nearly to ourselves for almost 2 hours yesterday afternoon--was wonderful! Pool approximately 98 degrees, hot tub amazing at approximately 103 degrees and a great sauna. Family doesn't have a lot of food for restaurant on hand so they prefer you make reservations and/or let them know ahead of time what & when you will be eating. A bit different, but not an issue for us. Can't wait to go back!!!!!

Room Tip: Please know jacuzzi rooms/cabins have a jetted tub in them....was a couple there very unhappy expect...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank realestateemt
It's good to hear you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for mentioning details that other guests will find helpful, like the Jacuzzi cabins having Jacuzzi bathtubs and not hot tubs (something we have to explain to guests regularly), and the fact that we promote a peaceful experience as opposed to a party atmosphere. I hate to correct such a positive review, but in the interest of "no surprises", the pool averages 93 to 95 degrees, not 98. I just wouldn't want someone reading this to be disappointed. Hope to see you again soon!
Helena
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

We went to Lost Trail Hot Springs for a girls weekend away which includes Mom, Three sisters, niece and her friend. Our cabin was spacious, and clean, and comfortable. The pool was nice and hot tub wonderful. We had a great dinner in the restaurant, steaks to write home about. Beautiful country. We will go back again - all around a very good experience for us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy W
lths, Owner at Lost Trail Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
We're so glad you were pleased with your stay! We enjoyed your visit as well. Hopefully we can do it again sometime. You were a fun group! We will be looking forward to your next trip out to our neck of the woods. Thanks for the kind words.
Missoula, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

I recently spent a long weekend with my family at the resort. The cabin was warm, comfortable, and acceptably clean. The pool is OK. The cabins and pool are aged but in decent condition.
My family and I spent a pleasant weekend and enjoyed Lost Trail Ski area. The real let down happened after we left and stopped for fuel in Hamilton.
Backing up to when we were getting ready to leave: we were in 2 vehicles, one was parked slightly down the hill away from the cabin and the other was almost next to the cabin. In the further vehicle I placed my purse and bag, the car was already loaded with snow board equipment and other misc. bags, I started the car to warm it up and returned to the cabin.
I then returned to the car and took a daily medication from a RX bottle in my purse, then went back to the cabin to round everyone up and take a last look around.
In the very short time I left the car unattended, someone opened the car, stole the RX, cash and gift cards from my wallet. They actually took the time to chose what to steal!!!
I realize this was stupid on my part, but I am also certain the theft happened at this time.
My suspicions are only suspicions, but I don't think another guest was responsible. I believe only someone who was familiar with the place was observant enough to notice me taking the RX and leaving my belongings unattended for the short period of time that I did, I also believe this was not a "crime of opportunity", someone picked through my wallet and took what they chose to.
Like I said, decent place but beware of the locals!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
lths, Owner at Lost Trail Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Good point, "watch your valuables", no matter where you go! But the only statement made in this review that gives any reflection of our establishment is the following:

"The cabin was warm, comfortable, and acceptably clean. The pool is OK. The cabins and pool are aged but in decent condition."

Then the reviewer goes on to give details of an unfortunate event. This event was not reported and therefore, nothing can be done about it. Many guests leave items behind, but this is quite unusual. We are confused about several of the statements in this person's story. We don't really have "locals". The reviewer makes it sound like there are hoodlums leering out of apartment complex windows watching our guests, waiting to attack! There is one year-round residence about a half of a mile away and maybe three year-round residences within a mile of the resort. We often refer to the majority of our winter guests as locals, anyone that lives within a 300 mile radius.

The seasons bring distinct differences in our clientele. In the winter, folks want to get out of their hometown for a day or two and can only go where they can drive to easily. In the summertime our guests are from all over the world! We meet people from across the country and across the oceans that have always wanted to visit Montana and they love what they find when they get here. We are conveniently located halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier. Many of our summer guests spend the warmer months leisurely touring the Rocky Mountains and our beautiful countryside.

If this guest had reported it at the moment she realized it had happened, there would have been a much better chance of recovery of the stolen items, especially since this guest makes it sound almost like she knows who did it. When the establishment reads this review online weeks later and can't even figure out who the guest was, how can we do anything to not only rectify the situation, but also to improve their opinion of our resort? The whole point of this website is the sharing of opinions about businesses. This review tells very little about our business and tells nothing about how we care for our guests or handle problems that occur on our property.

If a person reports a crime, it shows concern about other people. That person has a responsibility to do their part to keep criminals from preying on future victims. Unfortunately, no justice is provided through the internet. We were not even given the opportunity to investigate the situation, since this is the first we are hearing about it.

In this scenario, the thief knew where to find specific items in a personal bag and knew how much time they had to take those items from the bag. My guess would be that it was someone very close to the victim. To say a "local" could have noticed something that a "guest" could not have noticed doesn't make much sense either, especially if this is the #1 piece of "evidence" being used to formulate this hypothesis. All humans are capable of observation, regardless of where they live or vacation.

"My suspicions are only suspicions..." is what the reviewer writes, but the problem with sharing suspicions on the World Wide Web is that they essentially become accusations in the process, even though really it is more like spreading rumors.

Thanks for taking the time to get our side of the story, even though we really don't have one because we have no idea what this guest is talking about. It is unfortunate that this is the memory that will linger of this person's visit with us but I'd like to assure our readers that it is not typical. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to you giving us a chance to share our piece of heaven with you.
Whitehall, Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed here just this last weekend and found the experience quite enjoyable. We stayed in Number 2 cabin and found it to be just fine. It was clean, plenty of towels and soap. There was no shampoo but we use our own anyway when traveling. We ate dinner and breakfast at the restaurant which was fantastic. My wife and I both had the sirloin which was one most mouthwatering steaks I have had in a while. The hosts were as friendly and courteous as one could expect. The location was super as are most locations in the mountains of western Montana and Eastern Idaho. After a day of cross country skiing at the Chief Joseph Cross Country Ski area, we relaxed in the pool and hot tub. It was great. The pool is a little cool as some have mentioned, but that, I belive is do to the lower temperature of this hot springs. Some like Jackson Hot Springs are pushing the high 160's while this one is substantially cooler. All in all I would not hestitate to reocmmend this to anyone. It is a great quaint little mountain get away. We will be back.

Room Tip: Get a cabin, you are by yourself with peace and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
lths, Owner at Lost Trail Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.
Missoula, Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

My wife and I came to get some relaxation. When we arrived the staff was very pleasant and got us checked into our cabin. We stayed in cabin #2 which was very cozy and clean, it has a good size jacuzzi and very nice celestial display on the ceiling (which was a nice unexpected surprise!). We then went to the pool, it was very clean and the temperature was perfect. After soaking and swimming went back to the cabin and watched a movie on the LCD TV. For dinner we went the the restaurant and ordered a couple steaks, they were cooked to perfection and reasonably priced. After dinner we went back to the cabin, spent some time in the jacuzzi and went to bed. When we woke up we looked out the sliding glass door and there was a family of deer right out side! For breakfast we went back to the restaurant and again enjoyed great food and service. Our trip was exactly what we needed, the staff made sure that we were comfortable and their service was great. Renae was a great host and we will definitely be coming back to Lost Trail Hot Springs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
We enjoyed your visit as well. We hope to see you again soon!
hamilton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

I talked my friends into coming with me to a place I have enjoyed many times with my folks. I think they were a little disappointed because we were hoping to be able to party in the pool but the owners wouldn't let us. We had a good time anyway, and I guess its not their fault - they said its a law that we can't bring in our own beer or food. The cabin was warm and stocked (we werent sure if we had to bring blankets and stuff). We had a bathroom too which is nice cause some "rustic" places don't even have running water. The pizzas were very good and affordable with their 1/2 off 2nd pizza special. The only thing that would make it better would be if we could bring a cooler into the pool area, but I understood after they explained it and then we all got along fine. We just had to leave our beer in the cabin. I thought other people should know ahead of time about this rule so they are not disappointed like my friends were.

Room Tip: If they call it a 4 person cabin, it only has 2 beds.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank steve c
Thanks for spreading the word! We don't want disappointed guests either.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sula
Rye Creek Lodge
#2 of 2 in Darby
The Darby
The Darby
#2 of 3 in Darby

Been to Lost Trail Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!