“Spectacular view, great family-style hospitality, delicious breaakfasts”

Outlook Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Somers B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We have stayed at the Outlook Inn once or twice a year for five or six years and usually for 4 or more days at a time. We love it and will continue to go back again and again. I have read all the other reviews and agree with all except the negative one. These people must have been more accustomed to a fine hotel, not B&B's. Rooms are smaller, but I have experienced even smaller. When I visit a B&B, I expect a more homey atmosphere and not complete maid service. They do provide fresh towels and bathroom cleanup daily, but not clean sheets. I make my own bed and keep my room picked up so don't know if they provide that service or not....I don't expect it.

The family is extremely friendly and helpful. My husband always looks forward to Michelle's breakfasts and she will try to accommodate your preferences by remembering and preparing your favorites. My favorites happen to be her huckleberry pancakes and croisant french toast and my husband's favorite is Montana Monster Potatoes. He always gets that (without asking) on our first morning!

We highly recommend the Outlook Inn. If you truly love the B&B' experience, I am sure you will rank this one tops. And it cannot be in a more gorgeous location!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 1, 2009

My family, husband, two daughters with husbands and three children, met in Somers, MT to celebrate our older daughter's birthday. We took advantange of Michelle and Todd's "rent all four rooms special" and booked the whole B&B. The comfort of the Inn and hospitality of the Aherns made this the best family trip we have ever had. We had plenty of room for everyone to have quiet time or time with others. The view from our rooms is so gorgeous. Michelle made a different breakfast every morning and all of them were excellent and the strongest, best coffee I have ever had when travelling - I wanted to take her home with me. The rooms were all extremely clean and beautifully decorated - all different and our shower was fabulous. We all can't wait to return to enjoy the view from the Inn - the lake, sail boats, mountains on the other side of the lake and watching the sun rise in the morning. The location of the Inn is great for many out door activities. It just could not have been better. The hot tub was also one of our favorite spots.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2009

The Outlook Inn is definitely the place to stay in NW Montana! The view was stunning and the service was absolutely fabulous! I wish I could have stayed another week! There were deer grazing just outside our room! The breakfasts were delicious and Todd and Michelle were such fantastic tour guides! They shared all the best Glacier Park & local hiking areas with us! We had a lovely evening sail on a quaint sailboat with the Rogges one night which we will always remember. The scenery is unlike anywhere I've ever imagined. The view couldn't be any better. The rooms were perfect and I loved the unique character of each. Next year, I want to stay in the Native Sun room, with the pictographs on the wall! I highly recommend the Outlook Inn B&B, and will always stay there when I'm in Montana!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2009

The view from the Outlook B&B was lovely but the room was exceedingly small and barely big enough to turn around in. And, we could hear every word spoken in the next room. And, we never once had maid service in a several-day visit, which in our experience is unheard of. It would have been nice to have had the bed made or the room straightened, regardless of whether we wanted new ones or not. Breakfast was good but not terribly healthy. We wouldn't recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We recently stayed at the Outlook Inn. What a great B&B!! We have not stayed at a B&B before and this was a great first experience. We could not have felt more comfortable. The location is quite close to the town of Flathead and not too far to travel on to Glacier National Park.

The owners of the B&B could not have been more cordial and they gave us great tips on where to hike in GNP. (The weather unfortunately did not cooperate with us... 39 degrees and zero visability prevented us from taking our big hike :( ... )

Oh, the breakfast at the Outlook Inn was great!! Also, the pictures of the B&B don't do the place justice. The view is great and the B&B, situated alone on the top of the hill, is a very relaxing place.

We hope to get to stay at the Outlook Inn again!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2009

I stayed at The Outlook Inn during it's first year in business and have made annual visits every summer since then as well as winter visits when possible. When I stay here I know I will always receive and comfortable, clean and quiet room with an exceptional view of Flatthead Lake and the Rockie Mountains in the background. Breakfasts are always delicious and a great way to meet other guests or visit with the very gracious owners Todd and Michelle to find out whats going on in the area or get suggestions for activities. I have brought many friends and familty members to stay here with me over the years and would recommend the Outlook Inn to anyone looking for an exceptional B & B experience.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2009

My wife and I spent two wonderful nights at the Outlook Inn in Somers, Montana The location is terrific if you are planning on touring the Glacier National Park area. We were originally going to stay in Kalispell but I found the Outlook Inn on line and decided to give it a try. Boy are we glad that we did. The location is beautiful, overlooking Flathead Lake and the service was really special. Owners Michelle and Todd could not have been more accomodating and the breakfasts that Michelle cooked were a great way to start our day. After a long day of hiking in Glacier, we came back to the Outlook Inn and sat in the hot tub, drank our wine and watched a gorgeous rainbow form over Flathead Lake. All the rooms are situated with large sliding doors looking out over the lake, certainly not a bad way to wake up in the morning. As we were leaving after our second day, we seriously considered turning around, changing our plans and staying a couple of more days at the Outlook Inn. In hindsight I wish that we had done just that. This is a great value for the view, the location and the service. If you are looking for the hustle and bustle of city life, this isn't the place for you but if you want a restful, peaceful stay with Flathead Lake in your backyard ,a short drive to Glacier, and I would highly recommend the Outlook Inn. You'll leave feeling like family.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somers
Bridge Street Cottages
#1 of 2 in Somers
Flathead Lake Resort
Flathead Lake Resort
#4 of 8 in Bigfork

Been to Outlook Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!