“Quiet isolated” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pine Edge Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Silver Gate
Pine Edge Cabins
Pocatello, Idaho
“Quiet isolated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed with Pine Edge Cabin I was surprised at how well equipped the cabin kitchens were, however was somewhat disappointed over all with the cabin, pictures are very deceiving, I would have like to have seen the grounds better kept as well. The wild life experience was great all kinds of critters to see and hear. If you are looking to get away this is the place, but if you are looking at a place close to attractions of the park I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank kristig03

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We found Pine Edge Cabins/Silver Gate Lodging quite by accident while planning our recent trip to Yellowstone. Staying at the cabins and wolf watching with Doug and his group was definitely the highlight of our trip. The cabin was clean, perfectly stocked and the hospitality of the folks at the store was amazing. We rented the Swarovski scope/camera combo that they offer and absolutely loved it! It was our first trip time to visit, but will not be our last.... we're already planning a return trip in late spring. If there was any one thing that might have been nice, it would have been a hot tub. Internet service was spotty at best, but we were aware of this before we ever left home. The two nights we spent at Pine Edge Cabins was, by far, the best two nights of our 10-day trip. Thanks to Doug and the crew for a fabulous experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MidwestTeachermom
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the Pine Edge Cabins for 2 nights recently and we absolutely loved it. The cabins had everything we needed, including a great view from the front porch and fire pits outside. I especially loved the fact that I could walk down to the General Store for locally roasted, fresh ground coffee, a great selection of local beers and other "essentials." I even got to see a Mountain Goat on a spotting scope they had set up outside the office. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jmatzko
beloit, wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had three cabins for a week and simply loved them. They were clean, well appointed and spacious with a real cabin feel. Kitchens were well equipped and bathrooms were roomy enough with shower, sink and toilet. My hair dryer died at Old Faithful and Pine Edge had one in the office for my stay. We moved two tables together and did most of our cooking on the grill which was supplied and we had nightly smores on the firepit. Management and staff were great and very helpful. We will definitely return. This was my 23 trip to the Yellowstone area to vacation and this vacation will be remembered as one of the best.

Room Tip: Pine edge cabins will give you a view of the mountains. Whispering Pines are in the pines near the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank happyBeloit_Wi
mathewra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed in the cheapest cabin very basic, the electric outlets only take 2-prong, The lock on the door (a small key/padlock) barely fit.
... great place to meet other travellers, very nice staff.
Right outside the northeast Yellowstone gate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank matthewra
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I didn't stay in the cabins, but wanted to share my experiences with the Manager and business partner, Henry. I was in the park when I hit a rock off on the side. I took a sizeable chunk of plastic off the bottom and side near the wheel well. I limped back to Silver Gate, and it was after 8 P.M. I didn't have a lot of hope that anything could be done. I saw that the General Store was still open, so I asked if anyone in Cooke City was a mechanic. Rather than just say no, or pass me off to someone else, Henry stopped what he was doing to come over and help. He got right down under the car and moved the surviving pieces of plastic back into place. He then went to his shop and got some zip ties to hold it back together. It worked great! You'd notice something if you looked, but everything sounded fine when it ran. When I returned it to the car rental, they didn't even see it.
If that wasn't enough, he lent me a spotting scope and pair of binoculars for the next day after I spent the rest of the evening showing families bighorn sheep through one of his scopes set up outside. I was able to share an osprey nest, a grizzly bear and cub, and a den of coyote pups with people all day.
Henry turned what would have been a terrible moment into one of the best experiences I've had in a long time. Please stop on by if you're in Silver Gate. He has a lot of knowledge of the park, and can help customize good plan for individuals or families.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
9 Thank Adriana W
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at one of the cabins a little over 10 years ago and didn't forget the place. The cabin was great and in a great location but what made the place unforgettable was the owner. I was a little low on cash when I arrived so he said just mail him the money for the room when I got back home (which I did). I told him I was going to drive up in the mountains for some sightseeing and he asked me if I wanted to borrow his binoculars! I had my own pair already but it was a nice gesture. It's pretty rare to be treated that well anywhere else these days. If I ever get back to the Yellowstone area someday, Pine Edge Cabins would be the first choice on my list for a place to stay.

Also, the drive up to this place on the Beartooth Highway from Red Lodge is out of this world. Would definitely recommend visiting the area.

The "When did you travel" box for this review gives a limited time frame for dates so I filled it in as July 2012. My travel date was actually in the summer of 2002.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank John L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silver Gate
Cooke City Alpine
Cooke City Alpine
#6 of 6 in Cooke City

Been to Pine Edge Cabins? Share your experiences!