“Great place/town” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pine Edge Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Silver Gate
Pine Edge Cabins
mathewra
“Great place/town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed in the cheapest cabin very basic, the electric outlets only take 2-prong, The lock on the door (a small key/padlock) barely fit.
... great place to meet other travellers, very nice staff.
Right outside the northeast Yellowstone gate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank matthewra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I didn't stay in the cabins, but wanted to share my experiences with the Manager and business partner, Henry. I was in the park when I hit a rock off on the side. I took a sizeable chunk of plastic off the bottom and side near the wheel well. I limped back to Silver Gate, and it was after 8 P.M. I didn't have a lot of hope that anything could be done. I saw that the General Store was still open, so I asked if anyone in Cooke City was a mechanic. Rather than just say no, or pass me off to someone else, Henry stopped what he was doing to come over and help. He got right down under the car and moved the surviving pieces of plastic back into place. He then went to his shop and got some zip ties to hold it back together. It worked great! You'd notice something if you looked, but everything sounded fine when it ran. When I returned it to the car rental, they didn't even see it.
If that wasn't enough, he lent me a spotting scope and pair of binoculars for the next day after I spent the rest of the evening showing families bighorn sheep through one of his scopes set up outside. I was able to share an osprey nest, a grizzly bear and cub, and a den of coyote pups with people all day.
Henry turned what would have been a terrible moment into one of the best experiences I've had in a long time. Please stop on by if you're in Silver Gate. He has a lot of knowledge of the park, and can help customize good plan for individuals or families.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
9 Thank Adriana W
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at one of the cabins a little over 10 years ago and didn't forget the place. The cabin was great and in a great location but what made the place unforgettable was the owner. I was a little low on cash when I arrived so he said just mail him the money for the room when I got back home (which I did). I told him I was going to drive up in the mountains for some sightseeing and he asked me if I wanted to borrow his binoculars! I had my own pair already but it was a nice gesture. It's pretty rare to be treated that well anywhere else these days. If I ever get back to the Yellowstone area someday, Pine Edge Cabins would be the first choice on my list for a place to stay.

Also, the drive up to this place on the Beartooth Highway from Red Lodge is out of this world. Would definitely recommend visiting the area.

The "When did you travel" box for this review gives a limited time frame for dates so I filled it in as July 2012. My travel date was actually in the summer of 2002.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank John L
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Henry and his crew at the Pine Edge Cabins are phenomenal, not to mention, in the most beautiful place on earth!! My wife and I frequent this place every year for the last 3 and will until we are no longer on this earth!! Get up early and go view the wildlife with their AMAZING spoting scopes available for rent at a great price!! Henry and his staff are extremely knowledgeable and care about your experience!! Campfires at the general store every evening equal great conversations and great beer!! Absolutely cannot wait for June to get here!!!! If you go to Yellowstone and do not stay here, you are missing out!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: LOVE SHACK #10 ask about it if you are a couple!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Chad5050
Louisville, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a wonderful place where you can enjoy the beauty of the Lamar Valley and return to a cozy cabin. Warm and wonderful place to lay your head. The views are amazing along the way there and the town Cooke City is so unique. If you're a wolf watcher with binoculars and passion for observing these magnificent creatures in their native habitat, you just might get some tips and who to look for and where to go. I have stayed there on three different occasions.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Teton2256
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I loved my cabin and the staff at Pine Edge Cabins.I felt like a hibernating bear in a luxury den with all the creature comforts like a hot shower and clean towels after a day of hiking and observing the wildlife, curling up in my silky soft, fluffy, bed linens to read a book. We cooked breakfast every morning in our well equipped, clean kitchen and sipped hot coffee on the front porch saying good morning to a moose! In the evening, we enjoyed grilling steaks, sipping red wine and playing guitar by the bonfire with friends. If you want to experience amazing nature and wildlife at your doorstep while staying in a cabin with all the modern comforts, Pine Edge is the spot. I look forward to next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank klo6
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

LOVED these cabins!!!! The updated renovations inside these rustic log cabins make for an amazing stay! And the fluffy down comforters were the icing on the cake : )
My wife and I spent our 2nd year anniversary here while she was a few months pregnant with our 1st born. She loved everything about them and constantly asks when we are going back.
The staff was great and the scenery is unbelievable!
Thanks Henry ~ We'll be back soon!
Cameron & Ashley (& Owen)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank UtahCam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silver Gate
Cooke City Alpine
Cooke City Alpine
#6 of 6 in Cooke City

Been to Pine Edge Cabins? Share your experiences!