“Weekend Visit”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sidney
Las Vegas, United States
“Weekend Visit”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

On Saturday the 19th the service broke down. No new towels, toilet paper, or shampoo. Unusual condition given the previous couple of days. Breakfast is better than most places. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful at all times.

Stayed July 2014
Nichole P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites SIDNEY, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I want to start off by thanking you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Sidney Montana. I apologize for the lack of service on the 19th and am looking into why this happened. I am glad to hear that your overall stay was enjoyable and that you found our staff helpful and breakfast was good. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we really do value your feedback. We hope to have you stay with us again next time you are in Sidney Montana.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Billings, Missouri
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here for just one night and was very impressed. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I am constantly on the road and its always nice to check in to a hotel that has great staff. Overall a great stay and I thought that what I paid was very reasonable especially for the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Sidney Montana. I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was positive. We understand how important it is to have a clean hotel and a friendly staff and we strive to ensure that we exceed the expectations of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Holiday Inn Express in Sidney Montana we truly do value your feedback. We hope to have you stay with us next time you are in town.
Montana City, Montana
Reviewed July 9, 2014

All I can say is "THANK YOU TO YOUR STAFF" for MAKING MY GRANDKIDS STAY A MEMORABLE ONE over the 4th of July weekend!
When I called to make reservations, I went through John at the front desk. He was very kind and helped try to answer my questions. He said he was knew at his job and was very kind. My son from Sheridan, Wy was coming for the 4th and 5th and a daughter and family from Texas. I have had 2 of my grandkids for 10 days prior to the 4th. We stopped in the 3rd of July to check out the place as I had never been in it and I only live blocks from your hotel. We were greeted by Dawn. I have NEVER been welcomed to a hotel like I did that day. She answered all my questions and gave us a little tour of the pool. She confirmed my reservations and made the kids so excited for their 4th of July stay.
The 4th of July, at around noon, we headed to the hotel hoping to at least be able to get the kids in the pool even if the room wasn't ready. Once again, Dawn remembered us and welcomed us with such enthusiasm and kindness and made us feel at home. She took us to the pool right away and had a room already for my sons arrival. Every one of the staff that worked the 2 days we stayed were so kind and helpful and accommodating. I can't tell you how great that was and you can't find many places like that anymore. Your rate was VERY VERY reasonable also. Your GREAT staff made my life much easier and less stressful with taking care of my family. My son was pleased with his room and the great breakfast they had along with a FUN pool. Just needs to be warmer in the big pool. All I can say is "THANK YOU" for GREAT PEOPLE WHO CARE!!!
Please commend your staff for their great work. You are VERY lucky to have them running your hotel!!! People will come back! We sure will! Keep up the good work!
Keep the rates down for those who aren't with the oil activity. That sure helps!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nichole P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites SIDNEY, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Sidney Montana. I am extremely pleased to hear how good your families stay was with us. We pride ourselves on providing customer service that exceeds expectations, and providing a one of a kind experience. I will be sure to pass along your kind words about our staff . We hope that next time your family comes to town we will have the opportunity to have them stay with us again. Thank you so much for taking time to write this review and also once again thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express in Sidney Montana.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I'm not going to discuss the price of this hotel too much, because it is to be expected to be high with the oil boom. Good for the hotel, not so good for your basic traveler who isn't on the company dime.

We checked in relatively late, and we weren't greeted at all. The attendant said, "Name? Company?" No, "Hello, How are you doing this evening? Thanks for being an IHG member." I'm not traveling with a company, and don't like being treated like I'm just another person on the assembly line. We went up to our room, and the door stopper was propping the door open. There was a napkin on the bed and one shoved in the peep hole. Honestly, I suspect it was the maintenance guy sleeping in there before we checked in, because we ran into him on the elevator. When I called down to ask the front desk what was going on, he told us the maintenance man was checking paint. At midnight? Suspicious.

The hot tub was cold through most of our stay. The last few hours before check out it was repaired, but we weren't able to enjoy it.

The woman running the breakfast on the first day was incredibly sweet, as was the front desk attendant the second night. Other than that, the employees were pretty careless and rude. I'm sure it's difficult to keep a quality staff here because the oil field attracts so many workers. Breakfast was fine, room cleanliness was standard, no major complaints.

I asked to speak with the manager, and a careless front desk attendant from came out to speak to me and instead of giving any answers, he just handed me a card for 5,000 points. He literally asked me, "Whats up?" when I walked up. Gee, thanks, and how professional too. I could care less about 5,000 points when its a 20,000 point hotel and we stayed there 2 nights. Insulting! Not the way to take care of customers.

Anyway, this isn't a terrible place to stay if you're stuck in this part of the country. I would never go out of my way to stay here again though.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Nichole P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites SIDNEY, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Sidney Montana. I just want to start off by apologizing for the issues you had during your stay. We take these reviews very seriously and are currently working on the issues you brought up. We hope that you will stay with us again so we can have a second chance at servicing you. Once again thank you for stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Sidney Montana.
Monterey, California
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I am traveling cross-country. I rolled in to Sidney thinking that, as a little town, the hotel scene would be more affordable than one of the larger cities. What a mistake that was.

I went to four different hotels--all of them completely booked up--on a Wednesday, by the way--and finally went into the Holiday Inn Express. It is a fairly nice place. A little above average--but nothing particularly special. So I was surprised to find that, just for me to stay the night it was going to be $180. For one night, one person, one bed in the little town of Sidney.

I can only imagine what the price would be for a family or someone with a dog. Even the poor guy at the front desk looked embarrassed when he said it.

Well, I'd been driving for ten hours and I had some work I really needed to get in--so I bit the bullet and took the room---because every other place I'd been to was booked up.

And yes, it's a pleasant hotel. But nothing that would make me ever pay $180 on a week night to stay here ever again. I asked around to some locals as to why on earth such a little town had such a disproportionately expensive hotel scene. They were kind enough to tell me the truth---apparently there are oil fields here and the big companies put up their employees in the local hotels. So, of course, the hotels milk as much as they can from the oil companies.

Great for them, sucks for individuals like me--rolling through while traveling cross-country. And not part of a big oil company that will pay for my stay.

So yeah--if a company is paying for your stay---by all means, stay here. It's a fairly nice place. But if you don't have a company to be your sponsor---do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. Don't stop in Sidney--either keep going or turn around. Paying almost two hundred dollars just to get a few hours of sleep left a bitter taste in my mouth. And that ruined any appreciation I might have had for the hotel.

Also, in the room---the air conditioner had no instructions or indicator lights of any kind to show how it worked. It was on--but no matter how I fiddled with it, I couldn't turn it off. So I unplugged it. The wall thermostat also did not appear to work. Nothing I pressed gave the number display any life, in any case.

So, per usual--if you've got money--this place is fairly nice. If you're middle-class or lower---stay somewhere else and save yourself some money.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Sidney. Save yourself some money. This particular Holiday Inn is not for the Middl...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Nichole P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites SIDNEY, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express of Sidney Montana. I am glad to hear that you thought our hotel was pleasant. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests by providing good customer service and clean rooms. Sidney is growing very fast due to oil activity and hotel rooms are in a high demand, especially on weekdays. I apologize that the air conditioner seemed to not be working in your room. Once again thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express of Sidney Montana, we do value your review of our property.
Sidney, Montana
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I come to Sidnay on a regular basis for work, and I always find the rooms clean , and the staff is always helpful, The breakfast is always fresh and is a great way to start the day with a wide variety to choose from. Makes being away from home for work a lot more tolerable.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the room next to the elevator mechanical room, it can be a little noisy
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nichole P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites SIDNEY, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Sidney MT for your business stay. I am glad to hear that your room was clean, our staff was helpful, and that breakfast was good. We love to hear from our guest, and I will let our staff know about your positive review. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out a review for the Holiday Inn Express of Sidney MT. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Belgrade, Montana
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast. Super clean room and comfortable. Our granddaughter loved the splash pool with the water jets! Would definately stay again. (Also, very convenient walk to the grocery store - just across the street.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jodi W
William H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites SIDNEY, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, we pride on creating a great hotel that guests love. We appreciate your feedback as it lets us and other potential guest know how we are doing. We look forward to your next visit.