“Double booked! Had to sleep in car!!!”

Richland Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sidney
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband had to stay in a hotel when we first moved to this area. He had booked rooms for the entire month and they had a credit card on file. He had to switch rooms almost every day and almost every day they told him he didn't have a room booked. Two of the nights we had booked he had to sleep in his car because the hotel double booked his room! Now that there are more hotels in town we will NEVER stay here again. And talk about INFLATED prices!! The rooms weren't even that nice or clean, it smelled like sweaty feet!

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn or Microtel!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Casey S
Rachel S, General Manager at Richland Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

We are so sorry to hear that your stay at the Richland Motor Inn was not up to par. We appreciate the feedback and will do our best to make sure this issue does not happen to any guest in the future. Thank you for taking the time to let us know where we can improve.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have stayed here many times in the past, but this time my room faced the main highway. The tires squealing and engines revving were terrible, and even with ear plugs you could here it.

So pro's:
1. Easy to find
2. Good shampoo AND conditioner and body wash
3. My room had a large shower instead of a tub. Very nice, who baths at hotels?
4. Room was cleaner than I expected, a nice surprise.

Cons:
1. Thin walls
2. Can hardly close bathroom door, easier to leave it open
3. Parking lot spaces are small. There are so many large utility type trucks that parking between them requires years of driving skills. Good luck not getting a door ding from someone
opening up the door.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nemont_Mom
Reviewed September 21, 2011

After having been told I did not have a room due to overbooking even though I had held it on a credit card and had a confirmation # I asked for the phone number of a person I knew was also staying there. Instead of giving me the phone number the front desk worker gave me her room number and then proceeded to ask me if I wanted a key to that room. The person staying in that room had no clue I was there or that I was inquiring about her and yet the front desk worker was totally willing to just hand over a key for me to barge in on her...NOT COOL. This is a safety risk and the front desk staff is poorly trained on proper protocol. Beware and be safe in your travels

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
9  Thank juliethetraveler_11
Reviewed June 19, 2011

On a recent business trip 6-5 to 6-17. We were advise that the only availability was from 6-5 to 6-10. At that time we would have to move 50 miles away and commute. The front desk staff went out of their way to secure the two rooms required for the full stay. They suceeded. The courtesy and great atitude displayed by these young ladies and the complete Richland Motor Inn staff is to be commended. Thankyou so much for a great stay. Look forward to my next trip to Sidney and staying at the Richland Motor Inn.
Jack Sorensen
Crosby, Texas

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jdsore
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Very nice hotel, especially for a small town in an oil field. The flat panel TV was a nice surprise. Book early, the rooms fill fast!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mtngrl76
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Even tho the room seemed clean & new, the toilet had not been flushed by the housekeeping staff. When we booked the Motel we assured we had wireless internet connection, after contacting the front desk on 3 occasions because we couldn't get our wireless to connect, we were informed that unless we were on the 2nd floor we couldnt get wireless. After stressing the fact we needed wireless for our business the desk clerk said "don't know what to tell ya" and went back to her computer. TV from adjoining room could be heard all night. Maids arrived early & kept waking me up knocking on the door. I ended up taking breakfast to my room because the staff was sitting in the breakfast area gossiping & complaining about other people. I've had a much better stay at the sister motel here in Sidney. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank gypsibreeze
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Sidney, Montana is a small town and we were really pleased to find such a nice motel. They had a good choice of items on the breakfast menu. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010