“ODD EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Shelby
Camrose
“ODD EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We checked into this property for one night on November 21 for one night. I had checked online in Great Falls for the Best Western Rewards price and found it to be 80.99. We arrived a little later to a fairly empty parking lot around 9 pm and were told that all of the regular rooms were booked and all that was available were higher priced rooms. We are Best Western Rewards Elite members and qualify for a room upgrade if available and no mention of this was made at check in,by us or the girl at the desk! We were tired and just wanting to get to bed so did not really feel like arguing over a few dollars so proceeded to our room. After trying to get the TV working for twenty minutes we called the front desk and the girl quickly moved us to the next room. No luck in that room with that tv so returned to our room and finally fixed the TV ourselves ,It was a loose connection at the cable hookup. There was supposedly no maintenance person around and the girl at the desk seemed to be all alone,whiched seemed odd for such a supposedly nearly full property! The girl at the desk seemed to be trying her very best to accommodate our requests but we are still wondering how a hotel that seemed moderately full at best did not have any of the advertised rooms available at that time of night. In the morning at checkout I mentioned our concerns to the man at the front desk and he quickly rectified the price. He as wonderful and the girl on nights seemed to be genuinely doing her best! We are still skeptical about why we were not offered an upgrade because of our Rewards status and why so many rooms were booked in a hotel that seemed relatively empty! The property is beautiful and new and the room was great outside of the tv. We left before breakfast but the breakfast area are looked wonderful . The hotel is quiet,yet right beside I15,so it is very conveniently located. I will certainly give this property another chance but will confirm a price ahead of time!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rachel R, General Manager at Best Western Shelby Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear TimMicheleCamrose,

Thank you for your recent review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and location even though you had some trouble at check in. I am sorry that the evening desk clerk did not realize that you were eligible for a complimentary upgrade due to your best western status, and I have made sure that will not happen again. I am pleased the morning clerk was able to take care of that for you.
As far as room availability on the evening of your stay, that is a bit tricky! Our room allocation is such that only a number of our rooms are the standard double queen rooms and the rest are primarily suites. So even when the hotel is not "full" the standard room types do tend to book up much more quickly. That is why even though we did not seem to be at capacity, the standard room types were.
Again, I apologize for these inconveniences and am glad that you are willing to give us another chance at providing the superior customer care we here at Best Western pride ourselves on!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Edson, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Very nice new hotel close to border with good old fashioned small town hospitality. 30 min to Canadian border. Next to highway-close to service station and besides some local rest's there is a subway and pizza hut near.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rachel R, General Manager at Best Western Shelby Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear June1653,

Thank you for the kind review! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and enjoyed the area as well! We hope you come back to see us again when your travels bring you back to the Shelby area!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night at this hotel while moving from Texas to Canada. It was clean, new and modern, which we appreciated. Breakfast was alright and the breakfast attendant was very friendly.

We were not impressed however on arrival with a small incident that happened, but that left a bad taste in our mouthes. We arrived at about 8 pm or so after an 11 hour drive from Cheyenne, WY, pulled up to the door and pulled the two baggage dollies to our trunk. We had three cat carriers, two large suitcases, one carryon, three backpacks plus two briefcases, our tired one and four year old kids, so we needed both. It was quite cold out. As we were about to start unloading a truck pulls up behind us, and a woman and man get out and she asks if she can borrow one for a moment. Here we are with a trunk full, cats and kids freezing and exhausted and yet she asks us to wait.

So I take the kids in to sit and wait in the lobby, leave the cats in the trunk, and wait while this woman pushes in the dolly with a case of paper, couple other small things and a couple bags of Lays chips!! Then she slowly starts unloading them at the front desk and we realize with disbelief that she works at the hotel! The man she was with was just waiting wandering in and then out of the hotel. We waited ten minutes for the cart back. In no shape or form did this woman hurry or apologize while I sat in the lobby with my sleepy one year old in my lap and cranky four year old next to me, my dad and husband waiting out in the cold with the cats.

Keep in mind we had exhausted children past bedtime and had just driven 11 hours. Whoever the woman was she was clearly not just another worker either, perhaps manager. We were thoroughly unimpressed by this blatant disregard to us as customers. Sitting in the lobby in our very evident need of the other cart before we could even go to our rooms. This should not have happened. She should have waited for us to finish as customers and not been so rude to make us wait late in the evening for such a small amount of items that could easily have been brought in by her and the man who was with her in one trip!

Poor, poor customer service. I hope this is discussed and other customers are put first in the future.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Butterfly_n1,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new, clean, and modern facility, but am deeply sorry to hear that you felt your customer service experience was anything but excellent. We take great pride in putting our guests needs above all else and I am sorry to hear you felt that didn't happen. I will definitely talk to the employee that caused this incident and use it as a learning experience to ensure that this sort of thing does not happen again. We hope you give us another chance to display the kind of superior guest service we strive for if you are ever back in this area.
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here two nights. one the out bound and then one on the return. Each stay was more or less the same.The place is almost new and looks good. The normal Best Western template. The check-in was friendly enough and I was mostly happy with the rooms they put me in. It was clean and comfortable. Everything worked as designed. The beds were okay. The wifi worked. The breakfast was kinda okay. Good enough to get you through to lunch. The top floors are better than the ground floor rooms in back. The parking in back is elevated so the when someone parks in back not only do the headlights shine right in the windows, they have an elevated sightline into the rooms too! It happened to me and I did it to some fellow travelers. Can’t avoid it and didn’t like it! Poor site design. This is about as good as it gets in Shelby. I would stay here again because it’s “Okay”.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LightingBolts
Rachel R, General Manager at Best Western Shelby Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Lighting Bolts,

Thank you so much for the review! I am sorry to hear that you found the design of the parking lot to be troublesome, and you did not feel on either stay that the service nor the hotel went above and beyond. "Okay" is not the goal here at Best Western and though you may have been satisfied with that, we are not. I hope that you give us another chance to provide you with the superior service we are known by here at the Best Western Shelby Inn and Suites!
helena, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2013

very clean and very new motel. Nice big rooms. I could have used a feather pillow, but I still was able sleep good. The room even had a microwave and a fridge and iron so I could iron clothes. I thought that the experience overall was very good and it proved to me that I would be worth staying there again. They were very accomidating in letting pay without having to show the office credit card.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rachel R, General Manager at Best Western Shelby Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Dean V,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We certainly appreciate the kind comments and are pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations! Our hotel and staff strive to provide our guests with superior customer care and I am glad to see that they are doing this well!
Please come see us again when your travels bring you back to the Shelby area!
Columbia Falls, Montana
Reviewed November 1, 2013

As always, Best Western provides top quality essential amenities to make a travelers stay comfortable. The beds were comfy, in room coffee/tea is always welcoming along with local newspapers. The breakfast here at Shelby Inn was especially good and varied from cereals to hot entrees beverages and condiments. This is the hotel to stay at if you are hunting, traveling north to south or west to east. The Shelby Inn Best Western opened in February of 2013, it even smells new still!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rachel R, General Manager at Best Western Shelby Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear blu5513,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! We are pleased to hear you were able to enjoy all of the great amenities our hotel has to offer! We hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Shelby and thank you for choosing Best Western!
Harrison, Montana
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Went up for a wedding and was kind of worried what kind of motel we would be able to find. I searched on tripadvisor and all was good about Best Western. So booked and was greeted with such a nice place. I wish I would have remembered her name, but the lady with maybe a German accent, was so welcoming, so helpful, so pleasant. The room was beautiful, so comfortable, very clean, beds were comfortable, plenty of pillows. Breakfast was great. We stayed 2 nights, and I would and will stay there again. Thank you for such a nice stay. rm#307 Oct. 25 & 26

Room Tip: Room on back side