“New, nice but noisy” 3 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Shelby Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Shelby
“New, nice but noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

New hotel very nicely done, except for uncomfortable bed pillows. Standard king rooms are large and comfortable. BUT we heard noises all night. Our neighbor next door snored so loud we couldn't sleep. Heard someone else drop bath soap in the shower at 5 am. Probably still the best Shelby option but bring your ear plugs.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank akhomer
Raelene F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Shelby Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I am sorry to hear that your experience here was anything less than excellent. I will take your comments seriously and I hope you will try us again in the future.

Raelene F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We decided to use this hotel because of the good reviews and offer. It was great. Good size rooms, pleasant decor and helpful staff. Hot breakfast was varied and plentiful. Hot hot tub with powerful jets. Convenient location for passing traffic, just off the Interstate. It is a pity that this hotel is not closer to Helena and Great Falls, making it a base for our trips.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Raelene F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Shelby Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here at our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope you will stay again and continue to stay with Best Western when you travel.

Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

As a Platinum member of the Best Western Rewards program, I'm always on the lookout for a Best Western hotel whenever I plan to travel. When I found out that a new Best Western property had opened in Shelby, Montana, I couldn't resist planning a trip there just to enjoy the amenities of a brand-new hotel. (Shelby is only a two-hour drive from our home in Lethbridge, Canada, so it wasn't a particularly extravagant venture!)

My wife and I received the Manager's Special rate for a king-sized suite. At just over $105 USD (including taxes), this was a real bargain. We had a comfortable bed, a living room, and a bedroom. Both of these rooms featured television sets, but I was more entertained and intrigued by the view from the window: a prairie landscape that stretched for miles, with a train track in the foreground upon which the Burlington Northern and Santa Fe rolled by at regular intervals. There was no great noise from the railroad, and my wife and I slept quite soundly.

In the morning, we made our way to a clean and well-appointed breakfast area. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful, with a variety of hot items (such as scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, and waffles). We were delighted by the kind service of a lady named Martha, who came by with a carafe of coffee and refilled our cups. She chatted pleasantly with us and wished us a good morning. It was a nice, hospitable start to our day!

Although Shelby is a relatively small town, we enjoyed visiting the shops along Main Street and found plenty to do. The town's inhabitants were very friendly and welcoming, and they seemed to genuinely appreciate the fact that we had chosen to stay in Shelby, instead of passing through on our way to a bigger city. Personally, I enjoyed the "frontier" ambience of this railroad town, and I appreciated the fact that the new Best Western had chosen to reflect Shelby's railroad heritage in its decor and wall-hangings.

This hotel, and the town that surrounds it, are doing their very best to welcome visitors to the area. I recommend the Best Western Shelby for its courteous customer service and its comfortable atmosphere. Anyone who is travelling north to Alberta, or south towards Great Falls, may want to consider spending a night there, rather than driving a longer distance to stay at a more expensive hotel. Also, this could be an ideal "home base" for anyone who is looking to travel to Glacier National Park: Shelby is close enough that one could make a trip to the east gate of the park in just under 2 hours.

I wish the Best Western Shelby Inn continued success! To its fine staff: keep on doing what you're doing!

1 Thank Hemingway_traveller
Raelene F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Shelby Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again.

Edson, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

After having spent several days traveling north to Canada, I was greatful to find this new Best Western Inn while browsing the net so close to the boarder crossing. I immediately booked. The staff were knowledgable, welcoming and helpful in pointing out dining locations. Definitely a recommended place to stay. Thanks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raelene F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Shelby Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will stay with us again and continue to choose Best Western when you travel.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We are so happy that BW has opened in Shelby, thus giving another option to the other hotels in the area. We were very pleased with the room. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The one thing that I did notice was the very low bathtub. It also seemed very small good if you only took a shower but not so if you were taking a bath or had to bathe young children. The staff were very accomodating, especially Linda. The breakfast room was nice but the food was not the greatest, potatoes and eggs were terrible but other items looked ok.

Will stay there again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Raelene F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Shelby Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to respond and give us your comments. I can assure you that we will be working very hard to improve our breakfast items. I hope you will stay with us again in the future and see that we have improved.

Raelene Fredenberg
Butte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had a business trip to this area and had the fortune of staying at this new hotel. I ended up having a meeting with clients in the lobby of the hotel. After short while into the meeting the front desk person came over and asked us if she could bring us anything. What GREAT customer service! Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very comfortable, almost a home away from home. I will be staying there again next time my travels take me that way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am glad you had a great experience and hope you will stay with us again in the future

Raelene Fredenberg
Colleyville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I had a long day and pulled in to stay for a night. The front desk gal that helped out is awesome. We walked into our room and was very pleased. The beds are VERY comfy! We have had an overall great experience here and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raelene F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Shelby Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our new hotel. I hope that you will stay at our hotel again when passing through and continue to stay with Best Western in all of your travels.

Raelene F
Best Western Shelby Inn & Suites
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelby
Comfort Inn Shelby
#6 of 7 in Shelby
Super 8 Conrad
Super 8 Conrad
#1 of 2 in Conrad

Been to BEST WESTERN Shelby Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!