“Questionable exterior, but excellent meal”

Frontier Bar and Supper Club
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Shelby
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Edmonton, Canada
“Questionable exterior, but excellent meal”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We decided to stop here for supper after reading other reviews. The outside of the building is a bit rough, but inside is fine and the meal itself was very good. We both had prime rib and it was excellent. 16oz was $26.

• Visited August 2013

Cedar City, Utah
“Food was awesome”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

It's sort of funny that such great food is stuck in a dive Like this. The steak and salmon were very good. Fries are a victim of the main dish being so good though. I still can't get past how this was in a dive of a bar on the very out skirts of town. Prices are high.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank John L
“Best on the Hi-Line”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

The Frontier is amazing! They have the best prime rib I have ever eaten.... Hands down! Other favorites you must try are the chicken fettuccini Alfredo, steak Diane, and fried mushrooms. In the four years I lived in the area I bet I was there 100 times because of the friendly service and amazing food. Don't waste your time in Shelby, just head to Dunkirk!

1 Thank KyleParkerMetzger
Locust Grove, Virginia
“beast Kept Secret in Shelby Montanta”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

After driving over 300 miles today my wife and I were tired and wanting a good steak. The clerk at the motel said there was not really a good steak house in Shelby so I looked online and found a place 10 miles outside town that was suppose to be good. Wow was great food. The outside looks like a realy dump just a plain white block building across from the first grain elevator east of Shelby, MT. The inside decor is rustic. I was a little leary of going in but we found many locals with their kids. We split the Prime Rib dinner. It was 18 oz. of the best Prime Rib I have had in a while and it was only $24.95 (including tax). Great food, good service.Reservations is a good idea on the weekend.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Randyclements
Conrad, Montana, United States
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great food but the waitress there is something else. Grumpiest thing I have ever come across! And, we were seated at a table that was so skewed, that my beer traveled across the table by itself. If we go again, different table and different waitress!

Visited October 2011