“Horrible Customer Service!!!!”
Review of Totem Motel

Totem Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shelby
Totem Motel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Shelby
Kalispell, Montana, United States
“Horrible Customer Service!!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The motel itself is very rundown looking and not inviting at all, but I have no idea what the room itself looks like because they closed the office before my husband could check in!!!! I talked with the owner at 8:20 and made the reservation, he never mentioned he closed the office down at 10!!! I called again at 10:12 to confirm that my husband would be staying there and he still didn't mention that the office was actually closed at this time, he wanted to know how soon he would get there and I told him I would check. I called my husband he wasn't sure. So I called back and told him he wasn't sure and he THEN informed me that he actually closes at 10!!!! I told him he wasn't going to make it and to just cancel the res, he said he wouldn't because he already turned away other customers. I called my husband back, he said he would try to get there ASAP, but he was working miles out of town and then ran into something on the job that took longer than expected. He finally arrived at 12:15. Lights were all out. The sign said to knock on door for service, he knocked repeatedly and no one let him in. Just checked my account and he actually charged us $65 for a room we never got to use!!! Called and tried to reason with him, but he refused to back down. Not sure what to do now, but will absolutely never stay there or recommend this motel to anyone ever!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DawnL89

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Monee, Illinois
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I decided to spend the night in Shelby Montana on my way to Glacier National Park after a long day driving. On my GPS was a list of hotels. I called the Totem and asked if they had rooms available. They did and when I asked how much I was told $39.00. I arrived to a very old, very outdated motel dated probably from the 50's. After a long day on my motorcycle I just wanted a place to sleep. I probably should of kept going after I saw the shape of the place, but I didn't. The door to the room barely closed and locked. No double bolt. A huge crack in the only window with tape over it. Filthy, dirty carpet, one light on the ceiling and when I turned on the shower, rusty water came out of the showerhead!
On a good note the tv worked fine, I didn't see any bugs in the room and the bed wasn't all that bad. I guess all this explains why I was the only one staying here. Also there's nothing at all in the area except a grocery store across the street where I bought some snacks for my room.
Everyone know I like adventure. If you only have $39.00 to spend for a room and are desperate then this is your place. If ever in the area again I would choose someplace else.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
5 Thank Aerowing

Travelers are raving about these Shelby hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelby
Comfort Inn Shelby
#3 of 3 in Cut Bank
Motel 6
Motel 6
#6 of 7 in Shelby

Been to Totem Motel? Share your experiences!