“R&R at its best!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seeley Lake
Rich's Montana Guest Ranch
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a getaway at Rich Ranch in Montana. My in-laws came with us and although my husband was sick for the first three days of the vacation, I must say, the sheer beauty of the land and the authenticity of the Rich Family and their hospitality certainly more than made up for his illness. In fact, we had such a fantastic time, that we're thinking of taking the whole family: my sister and brother-in-law, six and eight year old nieces, and our eighteen and twenty year old too. Belinda and Jack (owners) along with their children, nieces, and always smiling sister Peggy are the genuine article.

If you're looking for a little bit of Americana circa the Old West and are nostalgic for a family run Dude Ranch replete with Cowboy Poetry, banjo playing, horse wrangling and rides, hiking in vistas that look almost surreal, birding (we saw the largest eagle in the country - the Great Grey Owl), wildlife scouting, and fishing ...then stop searching. Rich Ranch has it all.

Jack Rich says that "the world comes to his door." After a lovely trip to their beautiful home and land, I completely understand why. Our family will definitely be one to knock on the Rich Ranch door again soon.

Go visit!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2R-Montana, Owner at Rich's Montana Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

A belated thanks for your positive review. It was great having you and your family join us for a Montana adventure and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently enjoyed a wonderful snowmobiling vacation at Rich Ranch. This all-inclusive Ranch is a fabulous find. This family operated business welcomes guests as if they are family. Jack, Belinda, Dave, Kelly & Shannon are all kind and generous folks. Kelly is an excellent cook & baker. Dave & Shannon were my guides on one excursion and they provided information about the area without hesitation. Jack & Belinda are accommodating & make every attempt for their guests to have a great vacation. Jack & Belinda have given their children the gift of "loving the outdoors" and It is obvious that they all love what they do.

My cabin was clean, spacious and most comfortable. The wildlife could be seen from the window of my cabin, along the drive or across the meadow. A short walk to the barn and you could see their horses in the pasture.

The food was most plentiful and tasty with a nice variety from day to day. Dessert was available daily.

The snowmobiling was exhilerating. The trails are plentiful and each day we explored another trail. From groomed trails to boondocking (cutting your own trail through the snow) this fun-filled adventure just kept producing awesome views, viewable wildlife as well as the beauty, peace & serenity of winter itself.

This is truly an all-inclusive experience. Visit Seeley Lake, Montana and enjoy the winter splendor this area has to offer. The Rich Ranch family will enlighten you with facts about the area, environmental preservation and the the Ranch's history,

Enjoy winter, the spectacular mountains, the sunrises and the sunsets Rich Ranch has to offer.

Before you have completed your vacation, you will be planning your return trip (I know I am).

Friendly people, great experience, incredible winter adventure! I loved it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We traveled to the Rich Ranch in February for a snowmobiling adventure hosted by Jack & Belinda, Shannon, & Kelly Rich. Probably one of the best vacations my wife and I have ever taken. We stayed in one of the cabins, which was cozy. Breakfast and dinner were served in the lodge. Lunch was packed each day for consuming somewhere on the trail. We were outfitted with boots, bib overalls, and helmets upon arrival and received our safety review on the first morning. Each day was customized to our liking of snowmobiling through the Rocky Mountains. One day we followed trails. The next we were cutting our own paths through fresh snow, led by Jack or Shannon, while the next day was a combination of roads, trails, frozen lakes, or just whatever we desired. The scenery was breath taking. The hospitality was phenomenal. We would ride all day in the winter wonderland, and come back into the ranch for a hearty warm dinner, followed by relaxation in the outdoor hot tub. We will definitely be returning in the future. Our adventure was truly a remarkable winter vacation. Many thanks to Jack, Belinda, Shannon, Kelly, Ralph, and Peggy for one our best vacations ever.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank T M
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We visited Rich Ranch at Seely Lake, Montana the last week August 2012. We took the 5 day unlimited riding package and had a great time. The cabin we had was spotless, the food was hearty and plenty of it and the riding experience was very enjoyable - to quote my wife "I loved every second of it - the best 6 days I've ever spent" (wish she had said that about me!). I personnaly prefer motor cycling to horse riding but I must admit I had a great time as well.
Our riding included two full days and 6 half days though the staff are very flexible regarding your requirements. There are options to do more (pack trips) or less (2 hr rides) riding, the facilities and horses are all first class. Fishing, swimming and trips out are also available. One evening we were entertained to fabulous Montana music and an evening wagon ride is available.
Apart from the marvellous scenery and the award of my Pyramid Lake T shirt, my lasting impression is that as the week went on I was unable to differentiate between the owners, the friends and familiy, the staff and the guests, everyone was so friendly. We both got hugs when we left, as did everyone else - they were all genuine! Special thanks to George, Kayleigh (sorry if spelt wrong) & Steve the wranglers!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were looking forward to a trail ride while visiting relatives in Montana. We booked a 2hr ride for the 4 of us at $300. Expensive but a special treat. Unfortunately we got very lost and by the time we were able to get cell phone service to call for directions we were very late. We spoke with Shannon, who is part of the Rich family. She was very nice and said we could still probably get in an hour and a half ride. When we got there Shannon was also our guide. The horses were beautiful and well trained and cared for. I think we were expecting more information about the land, the horses, the ranch or something. We ended up getting an hour trail ride and our guide spent much of the time yelling at her dogs. The ride was over in an hour. We finally got a smile when my husbanded handed her a tip.

Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank familywith2kidsNj
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Do you yearn to be 30 miles from the nearest trailhead, to watch meteor showers as you sleep outdoors under the stars, to catch countless wild cutthoat trout on secluded rivers? If so Rich Ranch has a pack trip for you. The ranch crew will take you by horseback deep into the Bob Marshall Wilderness, help you get your bearings, and feed you more tasty food than you can possibly eat. I spent a delightful 8 days in the wilderness and enjoyed every minute. (Tents were provided, although several of us went without.)

The Rich family is the genuine article - a multi-generational Montana family with deep roots in the state's heritage. They enjoy their clients and love what they do. For the Rich's guiding is not an occupation - rather it is in their blood. They bring a thorough knowledge of the outdoors and a love for sharing it with others. The staff are all friendly and eager to make your visit memorable. Needless to day, I had a fantastic adventure!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank wmax
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Rich Ranch is is owned and operated by the Rich family. The extended family and well trained staff offer a wonderful western experience for horseback riding, hunting, and fly fishing in a beautiful rustic setting. Cabin accommodations are basic yet clean and comfortable; meals are ranch style at long tables with family and staff. Bring beverages of your choice as the ranch selection is limited to iced tea, coffee, and lemonade. The ambiance is warm and welcoming -- essentially the Rich family invites you to share their lifestyle for a few days far removed from the frantic contemporary norm. No cell phone service but great wi fi in the main ranch house.

• Stayed: June 2012

Been to Rich's Montana Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!