“RUDE, CONDESCENDING, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Review of Nugget RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Regis
Nugget RV Park
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and i will never stay here again!!! The woman who i spoke with upon arrival was so RUDE, repeated rules over and over, and just made us feel very unwelcome and very unwanted. We were there for a golf tournament and when we mentioned that she went off on us that "No One Was Allowed On The Premises, They Will Run Them Off, They Will Call The Cops And They Lock The Gates Before 10pm!" I understand there are rules as my husband and i travel a lot and have stayed at many RV parks, The way they talk to and treat people is HORRIBLE. I wouldn't recommend anyone staying there!!! Later in the afternoon i wanted to use the pool but when i walked down there it was covered so i called and asked if the pool was going to be open and the first thing she says to me is "Who Are You, And Why Are You Asking!" I was in shock that she spoke so Rudely without even knowing who she was speaking to. I told her i was in camp spot #whatever and just wanted to use the pool. She started again with "No Guests And Blah Blah Blah" needless to say i did not use the pool. Who talks to people like this and treats paying customers like crap? THEY DO!!!!!

There is an RV park 5 minutes down the road Campground St, Regis and i would 100% recommend them and stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
11  Thank 295lindar
Jim S, Owner at Nugget RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

I wish that your experience could have been better here at the Nugget. As owners and operators of the best RV Park you will ever find in this state I must respond to your negative review of our park. The Red Flag for us was your husband’s statement when he checked in that you would be expecting friends to join you at your site to have cocktails at 8 A.M. the next morning to prepare for the Elks Club golf tournament that would start at 10 A.M. that day. We simply wanted you to understand that the Nugget RV Park is “NOT” a place to party.
The five people that showed up the next morning in two different vehicles to join you at your site to prepare for the golf tournament that morning did not like the fact that they had to register in the office and park their vehicles in the visitor parking area. That is my policy here and it’s difficult for me to understand how an outside visitor has difficulty understanding this common courtesy to me and my guests. All they have to do is fill out a simple form, it takes two minutes to stop and register.
It is our responsibility to provide a safe, quiet and secure environment to all of our guests and we take this responsibility very seriously. You were parked right next to some valued guests who return often for rest and relaxation and we wanted you to understand that outside visitors coming onto our property to visit their friends to drink and party is not acceptable behavior here. Safety, security and a peaceful environment is expected by our guests and we wanted you to understand that is what they get when they stay here. You were not told that we “lock” the gates at 10 P.M., you were simply advised that we “close” our gates at 10 P.M. and that any visitors are required to leave by then. This allows our paying guests the opportunity to have the peace and quiet that they deserve.
As small business owners, we assume liability for every person who enters our private property. When you brought your friend back that afternoon to use our pool and to spend the night with you we simply asked her to register and pay a minimal guest fee of $5. It’s all about LIABILITY these days…. This is normal policy in most RV Parks; I’m surprised that you didn’t understand that. What’s hard to understand is that you, your husband and your friend spent quite a bit of time enjoying our sparkling clean pool. Why would you say that you didn’t use the pool in your review?
Sadly, there are always a few people who do not understand what this great place is all about. If you had a problem understanding our park policies, or how they were explained to you, as you said, maybe the other place in town will suit you better.
Jim Shotwell, Owner
Nugget RV Park

There are newer reviews for Nugget RV Park

Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful RV Park in a lovely setting. The spaces are long and wide, ample room for our truck & 5th wheel (50' long).
The facilities are spotless and the owners, Jim and Shirley, work hard to improve the park and keep it looking beautiful. Love this place!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank HJF1990
Jim S, Owner at Nugget RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write your review of our park. As on-site owners, Shirley and I take great pride in offering our guests a first class place to stay. We also travel in a RV so we know what we want to provide our guests. A safe and secure park that is quiet and well maintained is always our choice!
Regards,

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is our second visit to Nugget RV Park on our travels from Washinton to Colorado. It is one of the best RV parks we have stayed at! Jim and Shirley and friendly, helpful, and interesting to talk with. They run a rea "nugget" of a park. It is well maintained and they are very thoughtful in the planning and execution of their work projects around the park. It is spacious and a real park like setting. In the future we will go out of our way to stop by though it is already a convenient distance off I-90 at St. Regis, MT. Near the Idaho border. Don't miss it!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank K R
Jim S, Owner at Nugget RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Thanks for staying with us! We always appreciate return guests and we hope to see you again soon. Thanks for taking the time to write about our park. Happy Trails!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I saw your billboard on the highway and it had all the things we were looking for and decided to check it out. We LOVED it! Gorgeous location, friendly, patient service and when we learned you've been open for years I could hardly believe it! Everything was so clean and well kept it looked brand new! I am new to RV parks but out of the several I've stayed at on this trip, yours stands out. Thank you for starting our trip out on such a positive note and we will definitely try to stop by again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa W
Jim S, Owner at Nugget RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thanks for your kind words! We love being discovered by new guests. Shirley and I remain committed to providing the best RV'ing experience ever to all who choose to stay here. Our goal is to make sure that you leave our park with fond memories and a smile on your face.
Best wishes,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This place was recommended to us from previous customer. This is a hidden nuggett! We stayed for three nights and rented two cabins. We had a larger than normal family. First...the hosts were awesome! They would make a recommendation in passing. I would then come back later reference a different matter and they had already prepared a map or whatever for me reference the previous recommendation. Impressed. The facilities were super clean. I have stayed at hotels that were not as clean as this place. The showers, cabins, grounds, bathrooms, kitchen, etc. Awesome! We really enjoyed the surrounding area and went to the river and hiked to a couple of lakes. Ate a lot of huckleberry ice cream down the street.

The bees were bad but we did not get stung and that has nothing to do with the facility. The statff warned us and said it was uncharacteristic because of a warm winter. We could not burn either but that has to do with the dry season.

My family and I really enjoyed this place and plan on coming back next summer. The cleanliness and staff were outstanding. The price on the cabins was very reasonable for what we were getting.

The trepidation comes from not wanting everyone knowing about this little nugget in the mountains. Kind of a selfish thing really...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank realdeal599
Jim S, Owner at Nugget RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Shirley and I really enjoyed having your family stay with us and we hope to see you all again soon. (There's still a ton of stuff to see and do around here!) You guys were great guests and the kids were awesome! Many thanks to Rob and family for refering you to us. Maybe next year we can get you all together here at the same time.
Best wishes,

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed for a weekend while going on a rafting trip in the area. First the price was different then what we were emailed and pretty high for what was offered. Nothing special and really isn't we're we would normally stay. Next the bees were terrible. Eating outside was a nightmare. We also felt the service was very sub par for the other reviews I read and was pretty disappointed. Next time I'll be staying in a state park in the area, that way I can just expect to be disappointed and not have to pay an arm and a leg.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Gettingthat1
Jim S, Owner at Nugget RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

I was saddened to hear that your expectations were not met when you stayed here at the Nugget RV Park. We take great pride in offering our guests first class service while providing great value for their recreation dollar. If you had brought your concerns to me while you were here I would have bent over backwards to help put a smile on your face. That's our job! Our pricing is clearly posted on our web-site and it has not changed for over five years which has me concerned about your comments. I have contacted you personally and asked you to help me understand what happened so that I may learn from your experience. I still have not heard from you but again, I ask you to call me so that I can understand what caused you to write this review. Please call me at 406-649-2122 at your convienience.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This RV Park is one of the best we have stayed at. The staff was pleasant & accomodating. The Pull-thru's were well planned and easy to use with our 36' Class A with towed vehicle. The grounds and facilities were well cared for and clean. Others we talked to indicated the staff keep an eye on who comes and goes which made them feel safe.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rick Z

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about our great park Rick. We love it when new guests discover us and then take the time to tell others about the Nugget. Shirley and I travel in a RV also and we want to offer our guests exactly what we expect when we pull into a RV Park. Safety, security, cleanliness and on-site owners who care about their property will always guarantee a great stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Regis
#1 of 3 in Thompson Falls
Super 8 St. Regis
Super 8 St. Regis
#1 of 3 in Saint Regis

Been to Nugget RV Park? Share your experiences!