“Recommended by locals, and now by us.”

Jasper's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Our hosts told us this was the place for a "good" breakfast. They were right. Eggs were cooked right, bacon was thick and cooked to perfection, my partner in crime had a skillet scramble that was really good, not just a plate of potatoes with a little scrambled eggs and two or three pieces of other stuff but a big plate of potatoes, eggs, mushroom, bacon, sausage, the usual ingredients but a nice portion of each. Service was great, it took an extra minute to be noticed but once she found us she was friendly, attentive and assured us the cook was on top of it. Got our food quick and it was well presented. We'll have a meal here anytime we travel through the area from now on.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We stopped after coming back from quinns hot springs. The service was slow but there was only one server and it was somewhat busy. Breakfast was 6 to 13 bucks. Portions were small and it took quite a while to get our food. The server was nice but was overwhelmed. It is the typical tourist trap next to the a major highway.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stopped in after a frustrating morning with a flat tire and car trouble. Emily kept our coffee filled. Had a very reasonable breakfast which was excellent. We asked if we could buy some ice and they brought out a five gallon bucket of ice and checked to see if we needed any more. Both waitresses were filling coffee for everybody. It was a bright spot on a frustrating day.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Being on the road for days, you eventually have your fill of restaurant food and people. We arrived for breakfast early this morning and the "seat yourself" sign welcomed us. Okay...whatever. well, the first two available tables we found were strategically placed directly under speakers, playing the music too loudly. So, we found a back table, next to the door to the casino (which also happens to be the only way to access the bathrooms, oh goodie). The one waitress handling the entire place was cordial enough, and tried her best to accommodate us, even though there were no other tables, and we had to endure a very rude woman seated behind us, who did nothing but antagonize her male companion, answering his every question by dropping the "f" bomb.
We ordered, my husband chose his usual fare of eggs/ham steak/hasbrowns/toast, and I chose the belgian waffle w/ huckleberry topping and whip, but an unfortunate breakdown of the waffler sent our waitress back out to apologize and ask me to order something else. I asked if I could have a 1/2 order of french toast w/ the huckleberry topping and whip and she was more than happy to accommodate. I highly recommend asking for this! It was scrumptious and the 4 halves of toast were more than enough! My husband's ham steak was huge and he said his eggs were down to perfection (he likes to mix them together w/ his hasbrowns). He loved the tang of the sourdough toast and the price of our two meals together was less than $20. I've stopped at the St Regis area many times, but this was my first foray into Jasper's. I hope that the food is consistently good, and that they ensure they are adequately staffed, as I will definitely stop here again.

talkingbirdsaloon, Front Office Manager at Jasper's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

I am so glad to hear how what started out to be a negative experience could turn around. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you stop next time your in our area.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went there with some friends and you definitely don't want to eat in the bar area. When we went in the restaurant we asked if we could eat in the bar and was told yes. We entered the bar and mentioned we were told we could eat in there and the bartender said "I guess the F$(% so." Then the locals are rude as well food was not anything I would ever stop there for again.