“I want to take this place with me!!”
Review of Little River Motel

Little River Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Saint Regis
Saint Regis, Montana
“I want to take this place with me!!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I travel for work and have stayed in many places. Little River was a recommendation from my father who also travels for a living. I can not believe how helpful they are. It is perfect! This time I decided to drive instead of fly from Seattle to North Dakota. After my drive I was exhausted, walked in my cozy room, it was so relaxing and I can start my day with vigor tomorrow. Private settings, quiet, fun, comfortable. Can't say enough except I want to take this place where ever I go. The town down the street, 3 minutes, has everything in a two block radius you could need. They have wi-fi and cell service. (when traveling in Montana you'll know why I mentioned that) If you have the chance stay!! You will be so glad you did.

Room Tip: They are single cabins available. No pool or fitness center but I wasn't needing one.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank packersncheese

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Oregon
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Basic facilities, but the price is appropriate and the friendliness of the staff is unbelievable. The bed was comfortable and the place quiet.
Internet connection is via satellite and acceptable for email.
Pets are welcome at $10 extra - and owners are advised to keep them on a leash because of the critters in the forest.
It's a small operation, which contributes to the overall pleasant atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SDGraham
Butte, Montana
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Bypass the Super 8 and stay here. Nice staff, very clean, good shower, enjoyed our picnic dinner in their wooded area. (Cool outside art!) Very close to Hiawatha Trail. Nice people and a moose as we left!
Price is right!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank threeamigos59405
Idaho
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is an older motel with cabins. Some of them have been nicly updated. We rented two cabins and where happy to find that there walls seperating the beds. This in not a place that was built last year. Don't expect it. There is no airconditioning or high speed internet. What you do get is a nice clean little cabin with no one walking making noise all night (though the freeway can be heard). There was a kitchen with full sized fridge in each of our cabins. Bathrooms are small but do the job. The owner was very nice. They told us to come pick some strawberries for breakfast from the ones they have growing around the area. What a nice change from the complete lack of hospitality we experinced the night before. We sat out side at a table in the evening playing games and enjoying being outdoors. I would stay again.

Room Tip: The cabin to the east of the checkin has 2 queen beds and a big kitchen.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KayDee32
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We came to visit family and had a blast. The rooms are dated, the place is older, but they were clean! The property is beautiful. The wildlife and fresh air was just what we needed. Staff was amazing, and I found them to be very honest. I forgot my purse in the room and that's something I never do, but when we got back everything was still there. They had come in and cleaned. So ya if your some hoytee toytee then this place probably isn't good enough for you, but for us it was perfect!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Columbus
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This gem is like a northwoods vacation, yet three minutes from the freeway. Great cabin, clean, quiet, comfortable and well furnished. Grounds are spacious and woodsy. Place is truly pet friendly. The price was very reasonable. What a welcome relief from generic motels! It felt so good it was hard to leave.

Room Tip: The larger cabin costs a little more, but it is like having your own small house instead of a motel...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed April 18, 2013

First of all I chose this place because it was triple A rated. Next because it was cheap and third
, beautiful location. Such cute little cabins, very clean, and smelling fresh . Owner operated , very kind and helpful lady. I get so sick of over priced holiday inn type places. They all look alike. This one had a home made quilt and pristine sheets. No shampoo in the room but owner had a basket to choose from for the asking. Just a warm cozy fun place! Bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
#2 of 3 in Thompson Falls
Super 8 St. Regis
Super 8 St. Regis
#1 of 3 in Saint Regis

Been to Little River Motel? Share your experiences!