“Good place. Great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Mary
St Mary / East Glacier KOA
“Good place. Great location”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week to
Hike in Glacier national park. It is very close to the east entrance and a perfect spot for the eastern side of the park. The campground was nice. The sites were a bit small but the grounds were clean and the staff was great to talk with.

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Amherst, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed in a one-room cabin for 5 nights, and overall our experience was good. The cabin was clean and comfortable. And we were delighted that since our last visit, a refrigerator and microwave had been added to the cabin furnishings. A new small bathroom facility had been added to the campground in the cabin area. Apparently, these bathrooms were not as closely monitored as the main one, because, there was no hand soap in the dispenser for 2 days in a row. But our main complaint was the lack of WiFi. I'm not talking poor WiFi. I mean NO WiFi. They shouldn't advertise that they have it, when it's non-existent. But thanks to Verizon, there is a 4G and decent phone signal. Love the view from the cabins, and I'll be back.

Room Tip: Cabins are a great option--very clean and comfortable.
Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We are on a 3 month trip touring the western US. This was the most expensive campground we stayed in. When I pay the most I expect to get the best. The pool was not heater(it wasn't advertised that it was) The large hot tub was advertised though. However the jets did not work. We had a full hookup site and the sewer drain was very high nI had ti raise my drain pipe by hand to get it to drain Even though I had the supports for it. The handle on the water on the site was broken in half. There were quiet hours that started at 10 pm - 7AM. Loud noises were heard until after midnight. There was no policing of the campground. BTW I have lived full time in campgrounds and these rules were enforced. Another thing the bathrooms weren't the cleanest I've been in. Like I said if I pay the most I expect the best and this campground wasn't.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
StMaryKOA, Guest Relations Manager at St Mary / East Glacier KOA, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Mike L,
Thank you for your review, your feedback is appreciated and aids us in our continuous improvements. We sincerely apologize you were not satisfied with your stay. Each maintenance error will be individually assessed. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention Mike, and have a wonderful summer.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at the Saint Mary’s KOA from June 27th until July 6th. We had a great time. The Staff was very friendly. The KOA team helped me with an Amazon package and return (replacement part for the trailer). It was a central place to stay in a remote area of Montana.
A few minutes from the Going-to-the-Sun Road to West Glacier. A short drive to Waterton, National park. It was awesome drive and 45 min from West Glacier to Costco in Kalispell. Supplies are in Browning, MT. The Teepee IGA gave us great service. KOA store was good. Other than Costco (2.5 hours away) – It is faster to drive up to Canada and get the duty free (45min away). Slim choice for booze in the area.
The 4th of July fireworks were amazing. Pool and Hut tub was good for the kids.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank joel6pack .
Joel6pack,
Thank you for your kindhearted review! We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again in the future!
Spanish Fort, Alabama
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

It was beautiful! It was clean! They had showers & heat! Local bar down the street where we met great local folks! The east entrance right down the street w/spectacular views! The next morning we hit the cafe down the street or breakfast and headed to two medicines!!! Also spectacular view! Saw bears!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Bama86
glacierhiker, Owner at St Mary / East Glacier KOA, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our lodging. We are adding more lodging options every year and appreciate your feedback.
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I found the staff courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable of the various Park entrances and what to expect at each. The accommodations for RV range from small to very large. [I pull a 36' fifth wheel trailer with a Volvo semitractor and had no issues maneuvering into the space assigned. Also, there were several from which to choose.]

The have designated tent camping spaces; and, for folks without an RV or tent, the campground has cabins, lodges, and antique RVs for rent.

I found the facilities to be clean and the accommodations more than I expected. The swimming pool was not yet ready, when I stayed there; but, I expect that it should open by the first week in June.

Bottom line: I plan to return there in September and, definitely, would recommend the campground to my friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Raymond C
Big Sky, Montana
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We tried grabbing a campsite in the park, but as we drove we found them all to be full. Worried, we started using our phones to search online for somewhere to stay. (Very limited phone service in the park, which made this tricky...) I then remembered a friend of mine telling me about this KOA. My boyfriend called and they said they definitly had a campsite, and they allowed dogs!!! (Our dog was traveling with us...) When we arrived, we were greeted with friendly staff, a great campsite, wonderful restroom facilities, a pool and hot tub, and great neighboring campers. What a great place! We stayed two nights and hated to leave. I am not sure how on Earth there are bad reviews for this place. It was an excellent KOA and I have talked this place up several times, not only online.

Room Tip: If you really want, I am sure you could drive around the grounds and specify a campsite you would li...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lodgepole Gallery & Tipi Village
Travelers Rest Lodge
Travelers Rest Lodge
#1 of 10 in East Glacier Park

Been to St Mary / East Glacier KOA? Share your experiences!