“Clean good food!”

Koocanusa Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Rexford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: contact - (406) 297-2460 can locate address as gateway village on google. newly opened restaurant
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Located in a small town, good home cooked meals, plenty of bang for the buck, clean friendly service. Modest pricing.

1  Thank Gail A

Reviewed December 4, 2011

The food was great & the service was wonderful. The cafe has a nice family atmosphere. In addition to dining at the Koocanusa Café we also rented their rental cabin for half a week in December 2011. Upon arrival I was very pleased to see the cleanliness of the cabin met my standards & immediately made me feel comfortable. The appliances & fixtures were all newer & clean. The kitchen itself was very nice & clean. There was nice & clean tile throughout the kitchen, as well as the bathroom. The bathroom was also very cleanly feeling, which is a huge plus to me. The remainder of the cabin had hardwood flooring. The floors were nice & clean upon arrival, which to me, are very important so that our 9 month old could be down on the floors without me feeling like it was not well kept, or that I needed to clean it first. The dishes & cookware provided were ample & clean. The paint décor was modern, pretty & warm & the furniture & bed was comfortable & linens were in great shape & fresh and clean. There is a fire pit in the backyard. On our 2nd morning of our stay we woke to find it had snowed & it was nice to see that they had already shoveled off the walk way for us. They left a number to reach them in case we needed anything. The owner, Shelly, was very nice. The cabin itself has a nice layout. It has a queen bed & the two couches have hide-a-beds. It is easy to see that the owners of this cabin take pride in providing a nice rental cabin & experience in general. The café is located two doors down & has great food & wonderful hospitality. All in all our 3 day stay was wonderful. The best part was our 3 children had room to be kids & as a family we enjoyed our trip in the comfort of a clean & modern, yet very cozy cabin. It was like home away from home (the phone, wifi & satellite TV are a priceless touch). “We will definitely be back!”
The Bennett Family ~

1  Thank WhenMakingMemories
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Friendly service and good food. Nice quiet setting!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This restaurant is in the tiny and quaint town of Rexford - population of about 100 souls. The people are great, the menu is extensive and the food is outstanding. For about nine dollars, I got a HUGE pancake, two eggs, four slices of the best bacon I've ever had, and lots of great hashbrowns - along with coffee, milk, and orange juice. You must search in order to find Rexford, but it will be worth your time and trouble. DOUG

Reviewed April 4, 2011

We had a great breakfast here last weekend....great service and the food was awesome...love the small town atmosphere...will be back for sure....you should open one in Calgary!!!!