“Large spacious rooms with very accommodating staff!”
Review of Yodeler Motel

Yodeler Motel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Red Lodge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 8, 2011

I have been to Red Lodge before, but had never stayed overnight. This year I decided to stay and ski at the the Red Lodge Ski Resort. The Yodeler Motel offered exactly what I was looking for. Large clean rooms with a staff that was very accommodating. The Yodeler is the perfect place to stay whether you are staying in the winter to ski or in the summer on your way to Yellowstone National Park via the Bear Tooth highway. You are within minutes of the ski slope, Bear Tooth Highway, restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed January 7, 2011

We have stayed at The Yodeler several times (winter & summer) with our most recent being 2 days last August when we were passing through the area. During this trip we stayed in a very clean, upper level room and had more than enough space for a family of 5. We will be returning for another ski trip in March. I can honestly say that during all our stays at the Yodeler, we have found the motel to be very clean, a great location and above all we have received excellent service from the staff. They have recommended hiking trails and ski runs (appropriate for young children), provided detail information about the area, recommended dining options, etc. The staff always has a smile and is very willing to answer questions and visit with the kids. We have also notice positive changes with renovations occurring at the Yodeler as the owners continue to improve their property and provide excellent service. There are many unique features that they have been added to give it a quaint, comfortable feel. The Yodeler will continue to be our place to stay on our annual ski trips to Red Lodge, and I would encourage others to read through all of their reviews. The negative review of one should not outweigh the many positive reviews and statements. We will also continue to recommend The Yodeler to all our friends heading to Montana.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2011

At first sight it draws you in, they run little things each week they said. When we were there, if we yodeled for 10 seconds we got $10 off. I mean it was slightly embarrassing, but it was fun at the same time. How many times can you say you yodeled for $10 off at the yodeler, Awesome!!!!!! Now the room we had was dog friendly, and it was only $5 extra for a dog!!!! It had a sweet steam shower, but watch out only take about a 10min shower with the steam on like it recomends.lol. In all great experience, friendly town, and good people. thank you yodeler

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2011

My family (wife and two children) stayed at the Yodeler for the New Years holiday. This marks our third winter staying there. While the motel is older, the managment has done a great job in adding an artistic alpine touch to the rooms and grounds. As before, the room was simple, but clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The owners even helped me tune my skis! We especially like the rooms with a kitchenette as it helps defray the cost of our ski trips.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I have stayed at the Yodeler many times over the years. This trip, however, turned out to be terrible. The rooms are dingy. The refrigerator did not work or keep anything cold. The shower had a hole in the wall. A loud banging on the door, woke me in the middle of the night. Some drunk was banging on the door next to ours for about 10 minutes.
My daughter had made a reservation for my wife, my dog, and myself. We were having a family get together so that we could ski with my grandson. We stayed the first night, but were asked to leave the next day, because we had a dog. There was some problem with the on line reservation, that the dog was not on the the reservation. They did not offer to have us move to another room, nor take a deposit for the dog, and allow us to stay. When we checked out and I returned the room keys, the "owner" would not listen to anything I had to say, and just rudely gave me a lecture about their "rules." I tried to explain that I did not make the reservation, and that my daughter had searched to find a pet friendly motel, and made the reservation on line. When I asked for a refund for the night we would not be able to use, the "owner" said I had to give 48 hours notice.
Upon leaving the parking lot the "owners" husband flipped me the bird. Wow, now that is professional.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BigTroutMT
YodelerMotel, Owner at Yodeler Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

Dear Sirs,
On Saturday January 1st our housekeepers entered the guests room to find the patrons dog, which had been left unattended in a non- pet friendly room. It is completely against standard company policy to leave unattended pets and this notice is posted in our rooms.Our guests that are travelling with a pet are asked to review our pet policy and to sign it , hence verifying their understanding. My staff is also trained to not enter a room that has unattended animals, for safety reasons.
My housekeeper was about to enter the guests room to begin standard stay/over cleaning when she noticed an unattended pet, she then informed my manager. Our manager placed a phone call to the guest requesting him to not leave unattended pets. He was offered the opportunity to transfer to a pet friendly room. Our guest became highly agitated and released a series of profanities toward my wife and manager and in front of several other guests. My wife and manager tried to diplomatically difuse the situation, but we had a very irate gentleman. Local law enforcement was notified, because of his outburst.
The review that he wrote was vindictive and a dishonest representation of our business.
Mac Dean
Owner, Yodeler Motel

I would also like to note that the greatest majority of our guests are Wonderful people and we are so honored to have them. We love our Guests and are so proud to be in this business. We Must focus on the Positives in People and never let the Negatives affect our Attitude.

Reviewed October 23, 2010

We were on a month-long trip out west. This was one of the most difficult places to rate. We picked the Yodeler Motel based on the comments on TripAdvisor. It is an older property. We had a lower unit. Check in was efficient. The staff person was very nice. The unit was not as nice as the other places we stayed for the same price. But, it is unfair to compare it to other locales since you need to compare it to the limited offerings in Red Lodge. I don't know how it would compare to other motels in Red Lodge. We would stay there again if I was in Red Lodge, but, it is more likely that we would stay in a different town. I have to say they must be doing something right. For being off- season, the place was pretty full.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Every plain clean bathrooms but take the top floor rooms if you don't likesleeping in the basement. Good place for one nite after driving the Beartooth hwy. great scienic drive.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple