“Absolutely wonderful!”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Red Lodge
Cody, Wyoming
“Absolutely wonderful!”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed in a king jacuzzi suite for our honeymoon this summer and had a fantastic experience. The food is phenomenal and every employee we encountered was courteous and helpful. The rooms may be a little small for some tastes, but that just lends to the historic quality of the building. The only aspect of our stay that wasn't exceptional was an incident with the jets in the jacuzzi. When we turned them on a weird film came out, but as a former hotel housekeeper I recognized it as just some extra detergent that settled into the pipes. No big deal, just drain and refill! The hotel was so clean and quiet even though there was some large conference being held at the same time we were there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Northern Wyoming and Southern Montana area. A nice hotel is hard to find in these parts and the Pollard more than fits the bill. Looking forward to staying again this fall!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Mebane, North Carolina
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We made the reservations over 2 months in advance. We get to the hotel and they put us in a back room facing the alley. The bed is springy and not comfortable at all! When I called the desk to ask about another room, they said they were3 booked up... then said they could move us to another room, but there is an additional charge for that room.... Are you kidding me????? There is absolutely NO VALUE in this hotel. The "nostalgia" is far from gleaming .. espacially for the prices they charge. Oh, our room also has some sort of half wall in it ... We lose about 30% of the room to whatever it is they are covering up. So, if your heading to Red Ledge Montana .. DON'T BOOK A ROOM AT THE POLLARD. Oh, I forgot to say too, they charged me for the entire room 2 months ago at time of booking. Just a BS hotel that wants to live in the upper star ratings. I Give this place 1/2 star. I've had better rooms at Red Roof Inn!

I even had to tell them to fix their internet service. I wonder if its because I told them I was immedately posting a tripadvisor rating. I just checked in about 30 minutes ago and going to suck it up tonight because it's a days work to pay for the place!

Good luck to you if you stay here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Midwest
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Pollard. The room was not large, but we knew that going in and chose is anyway. The crib was already set up for our daughter, and everything was neat and clean. We found the bed very comfortable, and the bathroom was nice and spacious. Breakfast was great, too!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
san diego, ca
Reviewed July 9, 2010

This is a classy old-style hotel just off the Beartooth, with a real period feel.Service was excellent in all respects. Room was a little smaller than usual, but that's how it was in the "old days", but everything was comfortable and very nice quality. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 7, 2010

My husband and I were married in Red Lodge and rather than stay at a campground our wedding night we choose the Pollard. The people working were extremely helpful, they let us have an early check in and they gave us a free upgrade to a corner suite with a street view. The room was nice, but I would not have paid the asking price for it. As for dinner I had made reservations for the restaurant as our wedding dinner. We were both excited to sample their menu, so we were sadly disappointed when the food arrived. I had ordered the bison rib eye rare and it came to me charred and dry. My husband had the filet and it too was over cooked. Our bill total was over $70, I could have had better food at another restaurant in town for half that price. Our free breakfast was so bad that we left with more that half of our food left. My opinion is that the hotel is nice and worth the convenience but stay far away from the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Ocean City, MD
Reviewed June 30, 2010

The Pollard is a great place to stay!! The room was great, very large and comfortable. The front desk employees were especially helpful, both when I booked the suite and throughout our stay. We enjoyed breakfasts and dinners in the dining room, and thought the food was terrific and the prices a very good value. I'm looking forward to visiting Red Lodge again soon, and will definitely stay at the Pollard.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Montana
Reviewed March 16, 2010

My husband and I took my mother to Red Lodge for her birthday to attend a ceramics seminar. I searched for places to stay 3 days before hand, wanting something historic in the downtown area, and found the Pollard. I booked two rooms for a Saturday night. It took three tries for the man I talked to to get the credit card number down right. Later that evening at around 9:30pm I got a call back from the Pollard saying that my credit card didn't go through. I called them back the next day to give them a different card number and it turned out that the guy had recorded the wrong number after I had repeated it for him three times the day before. I chalked it up to a possible bad connetion on his end and didn't think too much of it. When we arrived at the Pollard to check in at about 6:30pm on Saturday, the woman at the front desk informed us that our reservation was made for Friday night and since we didn't show up, they were still going to charge us for the rooms. To make matters worse she said they were booked solid and we would have to go somewhere else. The woman was completely unapologetic and unwilling to believe that they had made a mistake. She refused to take the charge off my credit card saying that because it was our fault they had the right to still charge us. I now have to file a dispute with my credit card company to reverse these charges. Fourtunately for the Pollard, there was one motel left in town that had a room, otherwise we would have made their lobby our bedroom for the night.

If the woman at the front desk had handled things differently, I would not have been quite as upset over the ordeal. It seems pretty obvious to me that the man I made the reservations with screwed up the date the same way he screwed up the credit card number. I wish I would've checked the reviews here before I booked a room, it looks like I am not the only one to have a bad experience with them. If you do still decide to stay there, make sure you have them repeat the reservation info back to you and send you an e-mail confirmation. Or better yet, just don't stay there.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank MontanaTma
pollardmanager, manager at The Pollard, responded to this review, April 3, 2010
We are so sorry about this guest experience at The Pollard. We do send out confirmations by email with the hope that we can eliminate reservation errors. We have addressed the issue with our front desk staff and apologize for the problems the guest encountered. We have contacted the guest and addressed the situation to their satisfaction.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Lodge
#2 of 10 in Red Lodge
Beartooth River Ranch
Beartooth River Ranch
#1 of 2 in Belfry

Been to The Pollard? Share your experiences!