The Pollard
Comfort Inn(Red Lodge)(Great Value!)
$115
ComfortInn
Lupine Inn(Red Lodge)
$93
  • Breakfast included
$160
$115
The Red Lodge Inn(Red Lodge)(Great Value!)
$137
Yodeler Motel(Red Lodge)(Great Value!)
$120
TripAdvisor
Chateau Rouge(Red Lodge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe pubking suiteeggs benedictbreakfast was includednice historic hotelold westthe high countryhistory roomthe main streetthird floorbalconies overlookingbreakfast menuin townbeartooth highwaydowntown red lodgerooms are smallincluded in the room rate
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The Pollard has its own small car park - we only spotted it by chance looking for a parking space. As we brought our cases over to check in, it would have been useful to know in advance from the booking confirmation!

However, the lobby is lovely, the staff were helpful and our room was very comfortable. Only drawback was having no fridge. Breakfast was fine, and we enjoyed our stay very much.

Red Lodge is an interesting town, and the Pollard has played a part of that history. There are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Soozee
Melissa M, Director of Sales at The Pollard, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Pollard.

Your suggestion about letting a guest know about parking before they arrive at the front desk was extremely helpful! I have changed our confirmation e-mail so that it now includes parking information, and I am sure that many of our future guests will benefit from your observation.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope you will visit again. Thank you again for the great advice.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed at the Pollard after driving the Beartooth Highway. The hotel very comfortable, great service, good food, excellent value. Dinner and live music in the Pub, included breakfast in the restaurant were excellent. I wish it were closer to home so we could visit often.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa M, Director of Sales at The Pollard, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear Bob,

I want to thank you for your review of The Pollard Hotel, I am so glad that you got to experience not just the rooms, but the food and the music as well.

These reviews on Tripadvisor are a great way for us to find out what we are doing right and where we need to improve, and I truly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us and other travelers. I hope you will find your way back to Red Lodge and stay with us again sometime.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Spent a recent Saturday night at the Pollard after spending some time in YNP and driving over the Beartooth Pass; the check-in was amazingly fluid and flawless, with my envelope, containing already programmed key-cards, parking pass and breakfast voucher already prepared in advance. The Staff, including the Desk personnel, the bar-keeps, waiter and the General Mgr all were very professional, courteous and friendly. I commented to them about the robust Wi-Fi connections; with excellent connectivity throughout the Hotel. The renovation is almost perfect, with a blend of modern conveniences and with antiques adorning the rooms and common areas. In short, I would definitely spend another Saturday night at the Pollard Hotel.

Room Tip: Had a room on the Street side, second floor: easy to get to and navigate from.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kim,

Thank-you so much for your positive and informative review of The Pollard. Between Yellowstone, The Beartooth Highway and a night in Red Lodge, it seems like you really got a chance to see some of the best that this part of the country has to offer.

I appreciate your mentioning the fluidity of your check-in process as well as small details like decor and wifi. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to sharing your review with the staff at the Hotel. Please come and visit us again!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We began staying at The Pollard in 1995 and have made it a place to spend special occasions as well as the occasional weekend getaway. This most recent visit - the first in a number of years - was to celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary.

The hotel was beautiful, as usual, and the staff at check-in was very accomodating and friendly. My husband had ordered flowers before our arrival and they were in the room when we got there. We had dinner reservations at 8:00 and enjoyed a nice walk in town and a visit to a local art gallery before returning to the pub to enjoy the live music and a couple of drinks before dinner.

Our server was wonderful and dinner was delicious. At the end of dinner I asked for a carafe of the cucumber/mint water to take to our room, and he was happy to help out.

The next morning we went for a run and had breakfast in the hotel. While our breakfast was delicious, our server was less than stellar. We had to ask for menus and when we requested additional hot water to make more tea, she brought it but immediately took the tea selection away from the table. It was a beautiful morning and we enjoyed sitting on the deck, but the service left some things to be desired.

Overall a good trip. Thanks.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nan O
Melissa M, Director of Sales at The Pollard, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear Nan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The Pollard on Tripadvisor, and Congratulations on your anniversary!

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were well taken care of by our staff. Andrew is a server who just started working here and it was his idea to serve the cucumber mint water-I look forward to sharing your remarks with him in particular.

I apologize that your experience with your server at breakfast was not better, and I thank you for bringing this to our attention as an area to focus on and improve upon.

Thank you again for staying at The Pollard, we look forward to your next visit.

Best,

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Nicely done renovation - good restaurant - fun pub with music on the weekends -- best part was how hospitable the staff is, checking in, the restaurant host, bar tender and managers went out of there way to accommodate and show us a good time.
I will return and highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim G
Melissa M, Director of Sales at The Pollard, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Jim,

Thank-you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The Pollard on tripadvisor.

I am especially grateful that you pointed out the hospitality of our staff. I look forward to sharing this review with them.

I am glad that you got a chance to spend time in our Pub and Dining Room, and I look forward to seeing you at The Pollard again in the future.

Sales Manager