“Fine Dining”

Bridge Creek Backcountry Kitchen & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Certainly a real Montana legend! Dinner at Bridge Creek features locally raised, all-natural beef, fresh seafood and an award-winning wine list. Our quick-service lunch menu is packed with salads, sandwiches, wraps and burgers. All Montana-brewed craft beers on tap. Our soups and breads are made fresh daily.
Regina, Canada
“Fine Dining”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had supper here as part of our hiking trip. We were looking for a treat after eating our own cooking as a group of six guys. We found it. This restaurant provides excellent food and service from the appetizers through to the desserts. All was delicious.

Visited August 2013
Peter C, Owner at Bridge Creek Backcountry Kitchen & Wine Bar, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
It was always my vision that Bridge Creek would welcome guests just returning from enjoying all that the Beartooth Mountains have to offer and having the chance to finish off great outdoor experiences with some great food and wine. Thanks for making that vision a reality!

Royersford, Pennsylvania
“Nice atmosphere and great menu”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stopped at this place after it was recommended by our B&B host. She didn't steer us wrong. It had a great vibe to it and a creative menu. After a long day of driving, it was just what we were looking for.

I tried the beet salad and my boyfriend had some ahi tuna special. Both were simply delicious! My only complaint is that my salad was VERY small, even for an appetizer, and I would have liked more. My buffalo burger was good, and my partner had what was called soba noodles with vegetables. While perhaps a wholewheat angel hair pasta, they were not soba noodles, though they were very tasty and he loved the dish. We tried to return another night, but the kitchen had already closed, though it was just after 9:00, so we had to go elsewhere.

One other attraction is that Bridge Creek has Wi-fi, and we were really needing to find that. We would definitely recommend the Bridge Creek Backcountry Kitchen if you are headed towards Red Lodge. It has one of the best menus we encountered on our trip and we were sorry that we could not try more on their menu. They also had a good selection of choices for non meat-eaters, so we were appreciative of that.

1 Thank irishmist1
Peter C, Owner at Bridge Creek Backcountry Kitchen & Wine Bar, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
It's always flattering to hear that our local hotel and B&B operators are recommending us to their guests. And we're especially glad that you found the highlights of the many vegetarian options on our menu. Thanks for stopping in!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Very nice food, wine and ambiance”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

One of the better places for fine dinning in Red Lodge. The food was very good and the price was reasonable.

Visited July 2013
We're so glad you were able to put Bridge Creek on your itinerary while visiting Montana and Red Lodge!
Billings, Montana
“Blew it.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This has long been one of my go-to restaurants when visiting Red Lodge. It'll be a long time before we do so again.

Please understand, the service was very good and the young lady tried very hard to please us--but she had no help from the kitchen.

Four of us ate here--"dine" would not be the appropriate term. Two of us ordered the Red Snapper. It arrived looking beautiful. But--it was raw in the center and it cut like cheap steak. This is NOT how fish should be prepared. So--the ladies requested fresh.

It arrived twenty mintues later. Without the sauce--an important part of the meal. They requested more sauce and it arrived. The second piece was perfectly prepared and very tasty. Of course, the sides were now cold. The server was kind enough to microwave them.

This was a $200 meal--four diners. I can't tell you what the others of us had; while it was quite acceptable, it wasn't what stuck in our heads!

So, how was it handled? It was replaced upon request. No discount, no desert offered, no apology, no comment. Again, the server tried very hard, but if I'd been the chef and I had TWO diners return fish for being raw, I'd have AT LEAST apologized. It wouldn't have taken much to have satisified us. They didn't.

Suggestion? You have numerous options in Red Lodge. Try them.

• Visited August 2013
Peter C, Owner at Bridge Creek Backcountry Kitchen & Wine Bar, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
The title of your review says it all, it sounds like we truly blew it and I couldn't be more sorry that we had such a hard time getting your dinners prepared and served properly for you and your guests. I am grateful we had the chance to re-prepare the snapper for you but you're absolutely right to feel unappreciated without a proper apology and an appropriate gesture of thanks for your patience. As you said, you've dined with us before and I would hope this one experience wouldn't keep you away indefinitely. I'll be reaching out to you personally with an invitation to return and I hope we'll have the chance to demonstrate the full capabilities from our kitchen.
“Something for everyone.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed two reasonably priced meals that were very good. One can also find excellent choices at a higher price point. My husband's delicious bowl of chili and large salad pleasantly satisfied him and my fish and chips plus side salad were very good. We ordered no wine, so our tab was about $30 for the two of us. We'd go again!

• Visited August 2013
Peter C, Owner at Bridge Creek Backcountry Kitchen & Wine Bar, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We intentionally offer a large menu of options during dinner because our guests tend to be just as varied in their desires when visiting Red Lodge. From soup, salad and fish & chips to steaks, seafood and game dishes, we try to cover all the bases.