“I was disappointed.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yellowstone Wildlife Sanctuary

Yellowstone Wildlife Sanctuary
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Red Lodge
More attraction details
Owner description: Yellowstone Wildlife Sanctuary is the only public refuge in Montana to house native animals that cannot be returned to the wild due to injury or habituation to humans. We care for over 40 animals and birds, many placed here by Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife & Parks, including wolves, mountain lions, black bears, bison, elk, bobcat, fox, coyote, eagles, hawks, owls and many more. The sanctuary offers visitors an unparalleled chance to learn about these and other animals by observing them at close range and through interpretive displays.
Jackson, Wyoming
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“I was disappointed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had heard so much about this place and when I arrived; I was so disappointed...There were lots of animal enclosures; but the animals were in hiding....I saw only 6 animals....I don't think I will go back...It might have been a bad day for the animals like we people have...but I was impressed....Sorry....

Visited July 2012
2 Thank DLewis_10

Colstrip, Montana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Kid Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

This stop kept our children (7) and (4) greatly entertained on a hot summer afternoon. Did you know that magpies can talk? Yep, we heard Harry say his name! The buffalo and the big cats were a treat as well.!

shelby twp.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“amazing animals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

It had a great informative staff that really cared about the animals. The areas were very spacious for the animals to live in compared to zoos. The ladies were feeding when we were there.

Visited October 2012
Cody, Wyoming
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“My kids love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a mid-sized nature center. They have a variety of different wildlife, that appear to be well-cared for. They have amazing gardens on the grounds. It is a good learning experience for kids. The cages have signs that state why the animals are unable to live in the wild any more (mostly due to human causes). There were a few signs missing though last time we visited, hopefully they do some maintenance on those. They did raise their rates from a year ago, but I think it is a fair price, and goes to a good cause.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank Laura7000
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 299 helpful votes
“$10 each there are Bears, Wolfs and Mountain Lions!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stopped in here after going over the Beartooth pass as we had not seen a Bear in Yellowstone and it is for a good cause. It is small but the centre is very friendly and we walked around the pens for about 45 mins. You can read how the animals ended up at the centre which can be a bit sad but at least they have a home now,

Visited September 2012