“didn't even make it in the door”
Review of Alpine Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Red Lodge
Alpine Lodge
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Red Lodge
Billings, Montana
“didn't even make it in the door”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I called to make reservations and check prices. I am greeted by a "hello" on the phone.
I ask, "is this Alpine Lodge", and I am told it is. I first asked about availability and then
cost. I was told that I could reserve a room with two queen beds for $109.99 on the first
floor, and a bigger room on the second floor for $119.99. She was unfriendly and I felt like I interupted her dinner. I didn't make reservations but called the next day. I was then told by the gal that a room with two queens was $119.99 and the bigger room was $129.99. I asked her why the change from the day before and she responded that I could find "cheaper" rooms in Red Lodge if it was a problem. I asked if she were the owner and she said that she was "one of them". I said thank you and hung up. I didn't need cheaper room, I needed someone who acted professional. I will never stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank darle59

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This has become a favorite place of ours, whether on our motorcycles or with a 57 passenger coach. This is definately a "home" while traveling. Larry & Trish's "spare room" has room for us all!! The rooms are CLEAN and very comfortable! (Most rooms have AC so if that is important be sure to request). Dinner and breakfast prepared just the way we liked it. (Good on ya Larry). If your vacation or business takes you anywhere near Red Lodge, MT be sure to book a room at the Alpine Lodge!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Mammoth Lakes, California
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

On a motorcycle trip with a goal to do the Beartooth Pass brought me to Red Lodge. Stumbled on this place on this site. Good clean rooms somewhat basic but comfortable. No A/C but hey, it had a fan. The highlight was breakfast made to order and made well. Yummy. A nice location. I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank gary w
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My friend and I stayed here after a backpacking trip in the Beartooths. The place was clean and quiet. It is not fancy but it is just what we needed. They serve an excellenty breakfast! The people were very friendly and helpful. I certainly would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Alpine Lodge is truly a diamond in the rough. My wife and two children stayed here four nights. Larry the owner made us an amazing breakfast everyday the guy should open a restaurant of his own. Trish is Larry's wife and acted as our tour adviser she always has a smile and something kind to say. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2012
Livingston, Montana
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were passing through Red Lodge on the way to YNP and needed a room for one night. We knew we would not be spending much time in the room and wanted an affordable, clean room. We chose the Alpine Lodge, even though it was a little more than we had hoped to spend. We were so glad we did! The breakfast was fantastic! The room was very clean and the bed/pillows super-comfy. Also very quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank c_greene01
Reviewed July 24, 2012

From the knotty pine paneling, comfy bed and decorative touches, you can tell this place is loved. The service is fantastic and every room has a front porch. We talked with the other travelers and shared our road tales then retreated to our room for peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Each room has a theme...