“Disgruntled and disappointed”
Review of Alpine Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Red Lodge
Alpine Lodge
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Red Lodge
Reviewed July 19, 2012

First impressions were positive, and I'd have to agree with the other reviewers - as far as they went. However, if you book here, make sure it is not on a biker weekend. The Alpine appears to encourage and seek biker business - that's fine for a business model, but we are faced with loud, obnoxious, discourteous bikers revving their machines at any hour of the night and right now there is a rock band playing outside our room and I'd planned on turning in early as we have a long day's drive tomorrow with an early start. We will not stay here again. Value is terrible if I can't get a decent night's sleep.

1  Thank ICT_Gianni

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was the third time I have stayed here, twice in the cabins and once in King room so something keeps bringing me back. Loved everything about it. Thanks Trish and Larry, oh and the breakfast was fantastic. Hope to see you again in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The Alpine Lodge is a classic Mom-and-Pop, roadside, knotty-pine-paneled motel. Larry and Trish (Pop and Mom) keep it clean, updated, and comfy. New beds, new towels, new comforters. Signs of update projects going on here and there. Larry cooks a hearty breakfast outdoors over his grill and griddle, and you can enjoy it at the picnic tables in the shade. The inn is a well-kept vintage classic that oozes character. Absolutely no complaints. Oh, I guess someone might have complained about the boxy old Zenith TV in our room. Its colors probably only include green and purple, but I couldn't tell you—we were on vacation in the Beartooths, and didn't really care what Wolf Blitzer had to say. So we chuckled at it and enjoyed our stay. Immensely.

Room Tip: I like the one-story section—nobody clunking around upstairs.
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed at Alpine Lodge after leaving Yellowstone National Park and before going to Glacier National Park. What an unexpectedly nice place! The room was as promised - comfortable, coffeemaker, tv, free wi-fi (not every one is!) The bed was awesome.... not too soft, not too hard but just right! I stayed for two nights and Trish and Larry took very good care of me! Breakfast on the patio every morning was wonderful and included in the price of the room. What a great place to rest and enjoy the town of Red Lodge! I would stay there again!

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying in the room closiest to the highway because it may have some road nois...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at Alpine while taking in the sites around Red Lodge. We loved the owners, Trish and Larry and their staff! Such good people and we were treated to an awesome breakfast each morning. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

On our way back from N. Dakota, my wife and I decided to take a short vacation by visiting Yellowstone National Park. this was in late April and I was told which roads were open and which weren't. We wanted to see as much of the park as possible, so I decided to start at the northern part of the park. The route I planned to take was through Cooke City by way of Red Lodge. On my way to N. Dakota, I was told this road would PROBABLY be open. So I took a chance and planned my route. It was getting late, so we (thankfully) decided to stay the night at the Alpine Lodge in Red Lodge, MT. The next morning, checking out, I mentioned the route we were taking and the owner says to me, " You had better let me check to see if the road is open at the summit, as it usually isn't open at this time of year" Sure enough, he made a call to a friend who owns a gas station up there and there was a 7 mile stretch that was still not open! These people not only saved me 100 dollars in gas, but saved me alot of agravation and frustration too. I cant remember ever meeting nicer and more knowledgeable people than the owners of Alpine Lodge, not to mention the oversized rooms! shirfire218 must be the kind of people that can never be pleased cause staying there was one of the most memorable parts of our trip.

Room Tip: top floors have fewer bears visiting! LOL
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My Fiancee and I stayed here in June 2011 and enjoyed our stay.

Breakfast - The hotel operator cooked everyone breakfast to order under a tent on a propane camp stove. I have never seen this before at a motel, but it was good and it was included in the nightly rate.

Room - The room was rather basic but was clean and was ready for us when we arrived. I don't remember what we paid per night but I believe it wasn't much and I felt like we got more than what we paid for.

Location - This motel is on the edge of red lodge and you'd want a bike or car to go into town. It is very close to the brewery which was perfect because we came into town to see a concert there.

Room Tip: They all looked the same.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple