“Loved this place!”
Review of Alpine Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Red Lodge
Alpine Lodge
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Red Lodge
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at Alpine while taking in the sites around Red Lodge. We loved the owners, Trish and Larry and their staff! Such good people and we were treated to an awesome breakfast each morning. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 11, 2012

On our way back from N. Dakota, my wife and I decided to take a short vacation by visiting Yellowstone National Park. this was in late April and I was told which roads were open and which weren't. We wanted to see as much of the park as possible, so I decided to start at the northern part of the park. The route I planned to take was through Cooke City by way of Red Lodge. On my way to N. Dakota, I was told this road would PROBABLY be open. So I took a chance and planned my route. It was getting late, so we (thankfully) decided to stay the night at the Alpine Lodge in Red Lodge, MT. The next morning, checking out, I mentioned the route we were taking and the owner says to me, " You had better let me check to see if the road is open at the summit, as it usually isn't open at this time of year" Sure enough, he made a call to a friend who owns a gas station up there and there was a 7 mile stretch that was still not open! These people not only saved me 100 dollars in gas, but saved me alot of agravation and frustration too. I cant remember ever meeting nicer and more knowledgeable people than the owners of Alpine Lodge, not to mention the oversized rooms! shirfire218 must be the kind of people that can never be pleased cause staying there was one of the most memorable parts of our trip.

Room Tip: top floors have fewer bears visiting! LOL
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My Fiancee and I stayed here in June 2011 and enjoyed our stay.

Breakfast - The hotel operator cooked everyone breakfast to order under a tent on a propane camp stove. I have never seen this before at a motel, but it was good and it was included in the nightly rate.

Room - The room was rather basic but was clean and was ready for us when we arrived. I don't remember what we paid per night but I believe it wasn't much and I felt like we got more than what we paid for.

Location - This motel is on the edge of red lodge and you'd want a bike or car to go into town. It is very close to the brewery which was perfect because we came into town to see a concert there.

Room Tip: They all looked the same.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The price may have been a bit high, but the place is very, very clean and we did not want for anything!! Fantastic breakfast also!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
South Jordan, Utah
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My husband and I travel for a living, so we are no strangers to hotels. In the past 23 years, there have been many times when he or both of us has stayed 200 nights a year or more in hotels all across the United States. I think that qualifies us as a pretty good judge of lodging. In planning a vacation, I had come across this hotel and decided to book it. My husband and I spent nearly 30 minutes in friendly discussions with the hotel owner after being quoted a price (for one night, as was thoroughly explained and discussed in detail) and deciding that we would book a room. At the last minute, my husband discovered there was another attraction in a nearby town that we would like to see (based on hotel operators comments) and was assured that we could call back the next morning to book the room and there would be no problem. After adjusting our itinerary, we attempted to get ahold of the hotel throughout the morning. Eventually someone from the hotel returned our call and took the reservation, as discussed and quoted the previous evening. We received a confirmation and all credit card information was relayed for the reservation. At this point, there were next to no hotel rooms left in the vicinity. Based on the fact that we had secured a room, we laid out the rest of our trip, and made the necessary reservations for the chosen route. Five or six hours later, out of the blue, my husband receives a phone call from a hotel employee stating that the owner demanded his reservation be cancelled based on the fact that a two night minimum stay is required (total nonsense; this was never mentioned in the previous evening's half hour conversation with the owner). The employee mentioned that the owner had said that my husband mentioned being allergic to cigarette smoke and that had raised a red flag. My husband is registered as handicapped due to his having a cpap machine. This has all the feeling of a total violation of civil rights to a handicapped individual. We were able to book another hotel room at some considerable effort. My husband called back to talk to the owner and expressed that in all of our hotel stays (literally thousands) this had been one of the worst experiences we had encountered and we felt that our rights had been totally violated and we had been extremely offended. In fact, when the employee called with the information regarding the forced cancellation for no good cause, he had to pull over from driving as he was shaking. He is not a man easily angered or the least bit over emotional. He has Ph.D. and is extremely polite, businesslike and professional as well as personable. He is NOT used to being treated like this. I am trying to spare anyone else from such an experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank shirfire218
Leavenworth, WA
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We thought it was the quaintest little spot. Sweet little rustic rooms, very clean. The staff was wonderfully cheerful and friendly. A sunny little spot. We would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mdixon_11
London, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Friendly owners, comfy beds & a great breakfast cooked outdoors!!! What more could you want?? Throw in beautiful surroundings & lots of fresh air, and that's what keeps us coming back!!

Room Tip: we have stayed in several rooms, be specific about what you want.. we haven't found a bad one ye...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple