“Lovely place, beware of political conversations...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Lodge
Inn on the Beartooth
Ranked #2 of 6 Red Lodge B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Family trip, passing through...Great location and Red Lodge is one of the greatest gems on the planet. Accommodations were excellent. The Mrs. took great care of us, but the constant liberal rhetoric of the Mr. drove us all insane. Knowing that we live in Kentucky and Wyoming, you would imagine that he would know our political and moral leanings were conservative...and not lead every conversation into left wing nutjob idealism. Typical newcomers to Montana and Wyoming, who seek out life in a place with freedom, and then quickly bring their ideals from their previous homesteads and ruin it for everyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
17  Thank RandyLouisville_KY
dnsenterprizes, Owner at Inn on the Beartooth, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2011

Hi Randy,

Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We often have interesting and engaging conversations with our customers about a variety of subjects. This is one of the things that attract some people to bed and breakfast settings. I apologize if this felt uncomfortable for you and will certainly take it under advisement.
Debbie

Reviewed February 4, 2011

I have stayed at the Inn on Beartooth for the past 4 years, and I'll be staying there this July. Deb, Ron, Sarah & Becky make you feel like part of their family, and go out of their way to make our stay fun and relaxing. Deb is up for anything, like looking for bears, making brownies or picking us up treats from the store, and of course the conversation is never boring with Ron around. The rooms are very nice and Deb makes a great breakfast every morning. I must say I look forward every summer for our trip to the Inn on the Beartooth.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2010

This is a difficult review as the Inn on the Beartooth is a clean and tidy hotel. The breakfast was excellent and Debbie was absolutely lovely. I suppose what it boils down to is the type of lodging you want. We found the fact that we were the only guests and it looked a bit ramshackle from the outside put us off. The problem may have been us, as we found the closeness of breakfast and political discussion about the merits of a republic and the apparent failings of the UK system to be a bit much at our first breakfast in Montana! We love the US and didn't really want to insult our host, so kept quiet when we would have really let rip had we had that kind of conversation in any other situation. I suppose what I am trying to say is that, we would have preferred a less aggresive breakfast, I prefer this sort of discussion over a dinner table! To be honest, we didn't feel that comfortable and were glad to leave, which is a shame as this is not a bad place at all. The rooms are lovely and cosy and I cannot fault Debbie's hospitality.
As I have said, this could just be a cultural difference, but there is a time and a place!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
12  Thank KathleenBridget
Reviewed November 3, 2009

We reserved a room at the Inn with a quoted room rate of $115. When we arrived the inn was unkempt and messy, the owner over charged my credit card, refused to do a credit for the difference and was rude and insulting to my traveling companion. After registering for the room he continued his conversation about his former smuggling days and told us he was know to throw a punch or two in town. We did not unload any luggage went to town and found a safer place to stay. He has refused a refund thus far and I am disputing the $149.80 charge he put on my credit card.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
9  Thank Teamster3
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We recently spent a night at Ron and Debbie Van Horn's Inn on our way into Yellowstone. Their Inn in Red Lodge, MT is perfectly located within a couple of hours of the amazing, breathtaking NE entrance to Yellowstone NP.

Our room was spacious and nicely furnished. The lodge is large and has plenty of room for all of the guests to congregate and enjoy breakfast.

Only problem was one of the two 4-person hot tubs was on the fritz so there was limited capacity for all to enjoy. Otherwise, a nice visit.

If you go be sure to be on the lookout for "Killer" (only the name is intimidating!)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family