“Worst stay ever”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Red Lodge
Beartooth Hideaway Inn & Cabins
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Red Lodge
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Finding a bag of drugs in the parking lot should have been my first clue, but we were on a ski trip and wanted a place to stay with a hot tub. Indoor hot tub was disgusting, the outdoor one was decent. The room was small, carpet was stained and the tv made clicking noises even when it was off. The pool area was messy and there were no towels. The desk clerk said he would bring some but never did. He went home instead. There were little kids running up and down the halls until after midnight and no staff to contact. At 3 am a drunken couple were arguing outside my door. When we asked them to be quiet the man became violent and threatening. We called the hotel emergency number but got a recording so we called the police. The hotel is locked and has no staff so I had to go back out in the hall with the violent drunk to let the police in. They did begrudgingly refund my money but it didn't make up for the worst night in a hotel ever. There is no oversight, no staff and is not safe. I would never consider staying there again at any price. It is dirty and poorly run.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Wyohonky1
Scott N, Manager at Beartooth Hideaway Inn & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

First I want to truly apologize for the experience you had during your stay at our hotel. It is NOT acceptable.
As of January 1st the Beartooth Hideaway is under new management. And with our combined 30 years hospitality experience, our goal is to provide a safe, clean, comfortable, family friendly environment. There have been many changes and improvements since your last stay and we think you would be pleasantly surprised! We hope you'll give us another try. Feel free to give us A call with any questions or concerns.

Scott & Amber Nance
Management

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Check in was very quick, older style hotel, rooms were nice, clean and assortment of colored towels was awesome! Small breakfast, plenty of coffee, and the pool is "GI-NORMOUS!!!" Walked across the road to the stream, very nice and the box car looking food joint was fantastic too! Saw two deer grazing while we were wiping the bikes off for our ride over Beartooth Byway. Not a bad place if you're passing through and need a place to relax, sleep, grab a shower and get back on the road. Therre's a gas station about a hundred yards away and downtown is approximately a mile at the most. Staff was friendly...no issues at all.

Room Tip: top floor or one with a view of the parking lot. Stay away from a room near the pool if there's...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel years ago when I think it was a Super 8. When we came to Red Lodge again this trip we hunted up this hotel to find it changed hands and had some iffy reveiws. I was a little concerned after reading some bad reveiws but tried it anyway... so glad I did. Our rooms (3 of them) were very modern, VERY clean and out of 9 people we were 100% happy and slept great. I can't understand why this is #7 out of 7 specialty lodging in fact I can't understand why it is "specialty lodging". I guess because they have cabins but it is also a large typical hotel. If this was listed under hotels I think more people would find them.Front desk people leave at 10:00 and come back at 7:00 am so you have to use your key to get in, a little strange in a place this big. They were very friendly and helpful. I asked for extra towels and pillows and they gave them to me right away, when I looked around the room I found more towels and 4 extra pillows already there.We'll be back next time! Nice place... would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeanne H
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have stayed in both the inn and in the cabins. We will definitely stay in the cabins again. We had a surprise 50th birthday for my husband, and our friends (and some other lovely people) had four of the cabins for the night. Beautiful, sparkling clean, and the grill was a nice plus. Great time. The bed was super comfortable. Bathroom is nice and big.

Not too expensive, considering all that comes with it. There is room to sleep four, although we just had two.

It's within walking distance to downtown (we love Red Lodge), and the river is just across the road. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay in a cabin. You won't be sorry.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jillawilla
Reviewed September 5, 2013

These cabins are an awesome place to stay. We spent 2 days here enjoying the area. It's a nice get away from our home in Billings. Red Lodge is always a fun town to walk and shop and eat in. The cabins themselves are very nice. The living room/kitchen area is comfortable to lounge around. The bed is extremely comfortable and the bathroom is very roomy and easy for 2 people trying to get ready for the day.
The porches are a great places to spend some time, and a great way to meet some of the other guests.

Room Tip: All 4 cabins are located together so it doesn't matter which one you get. Also, If the "W...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MikeK174
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I don't have one single complaint! The cabin was clean, comfortable, cozy and everything I had hoped it would be. EVERYTHING worked beautifully and we used the grill on the porch while the deer meandered about.
Delightful experience! I will put it at the top of the list for cabins in town!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our "family suite" was dirty and missing sheets on the bed. I had to wipe down room with wipes. Bathroom was gross and room was musky and out dated. Wrong room keys were given an we had no access to inner hotel after 10 pm. Front desk (manager) was very rude

• Stayed: August 2013