“AWFUL!”

Beartooth Hideaway Inn & Cabins
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Red Lodge
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Not only was this hotel filthy and poorly staffed, when I asked for towels the "manager" was rude and stated that if I wanted a clean room and towels I needed to "go stay somewhere else." Evidently the fact that "they only had 2 housekeepers and filled up the night before" was my problem. And never-mind getting enough pillows, my daughter had to use a sweatshirt because they couldn't be bothered to find her her own pillow. The "manager" was more often then not standing outside the front door with her staff smoking cigarettes. The pool closed at 8:45 p.m. That night there were 3 individuals that got hauled out of the room across the hall by the police. My family and I had been staying here for the last 15 years and my kids love the pool and outdoor hot tub, needless to say I and the other 2 families we were with will not be returning...Unless new management steps in.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jjs1978
There are newer reviews for Beartooth Hideaway Inn & Cabins

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Who wouldn't want to stay here. All rooms are $49.00. We got a nice family room with 2 queen beds plus a roll away queen. It had a jetted tub and our dog was welcome. The pool is nice and the indoor hot tub even better. There's an out door hot tub too but we never tried it out.

• Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank kaelyg
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We've stayed at the Inn every Labor Day weekend for three years now. Never had a problem - staff is always gracious and welcoming, rooms/pool/hot tubs are clean - not sure what others are complaining about. Someone commented that "the store-room looked like a scene from the tv show "Hoarders." It's a storeroom in a hotel - what do you expect it to look like? I'd be worried if it DIDN'T have a stockpile of goods. I've never smelled pot there, and the breakfast is always great (and plentiful - maybe when others found little left, a lot of people ate early before leaving). Also, although we did not bring pets, they appear to be pet-friendly here.

Room Tip: If you book online, you are stuck with the price given and cannot get AAA discount, so call them dir...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jdeines
Reviewed September 17, 2012

These folks could not get our reservatuon correct and then charged us for their mistake. Swimming pool out of order. Continental breakfast felt like eating at a soup kitchen. Owner had no clue on how to listen to customers. Our four bill charges did not match what was charged on our credit cards.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Bloxomcfb
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I would like to say that the People an facility at Beartooth is totally UNPROFESSIONAL. our vacation there was a disaster. From dirty rooms to unusable pool and hottub. The owners act like they are doing you a favor to stay in their hotel. The carpet reeks of urine, the bedsheets are stained, the halls smell like a high school gym. There are contract workers partying in the parking lot till all hours of the night smoking and drinking who knows what.
Both the owners are some of the rudest people we have ever come across not willing to help or accommodate even the littlest deal.
To add insult to injury our credit card was over charged by $551.31, after numours calls to management with no answer or reply to emails the credit card company had to step in and resolve the issue. I dont see these people lasting long there i hope they kept the farm they came from they are going to need it after they run the beartooth into the ground..

Room Tip: none they are all crappy
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 469billybob2020
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at Beartooth Hideaway Inn for one night in July. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful.
Our room had a really homely feel about it and we were very comfortable, it also was very clean and quiet.
We were able to use the outside BBQ and sat outside and enjoyed our meal.
We enjoyed a swim in the pool and hot tub.
We found the breakfast the next morning to be more than adequate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank N0eleen
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We planned to stay here with our kids for a local family reunion in town. The front desk staff was really nice and friendly. However, the place not clean at all. There were stains on the bathroom floor, smells in the hall, noises coming from the ac unit, the carpet looked as if it had not been vaccumed thoroughly and the kicker was the stained pillowcase. I brought the pillow to the front desk to exchange for a clean one, but he was busy and since I noticed the store-room was open, I thought I would dash in and exchange it myself. The room was shocking - looked like a scene from the tv show "Hoarders" - piles of linens on the floor, stuff pouring off the shelves. When we returned at 10pm to sleep, the smell of pot wafted through the lobby and halls so intensely that my 9 and 12 yr old continued to comment on that "awful smell". We couldn't stay. We tossed our keys on the front desk and jumped in oMur car to drive the 3 hour drive hAome instead, and ate the cost of the room. It was that bad.

Room Tip: Apparently the cabins are new and really nice - if you must stay here, choose that. But they are mo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 10 in Red Lodge
Beartooth River Ranch
Beartooth River Ranch
#1 of 2 in Belfry

Been to Beartooth Hideaway Inn & Cabins? Share your experiences!