“Unique and beautiful setting.”
Review of Chico Hot Springs

and up
2-Day Yellowstone National Park from Jackson with Upper and Lower Loop
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Pray
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Beautiful setting in the mountains just miles from the front door of Yellowstone Park. There is a little something here for everyone, hot springs, horse back rides, and a day spa that worth visiting. Lodging is comfortable and clean. Can't wait to go back again!

1  Thank Billi S

Reviewed June 28, 2012

the hot springs are actually a giant swimming pool. Good to go early in the day or at night when it's cool outside. The horse back riding was fun and the guides were very helpful and funny.

1  Thank valnewyorkcity
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed two nights here. Lovely setting in Paradise Valley surrounded by lovely mountains. There is plenty to do such as fishing, trail rides, river floats, hiking, and of course the hot springs. We were there to tour Yellowstone, about 45 minutes away. I was really impressed with the staff. Very friendly and helpful. There is quite a variety of accomodations. My husband and I were in probably the nicest that they have, one of the "back 40" cabins. Wow. They looked brand new, inside and out. Huge bathroom with large jetted tub and beautiful huge shower. Comfortable king bed with comfortable loveseat and chair. Plenty of drawers and storage space and really roomy! I felt spoiled being there. That cabin could have cost twice as much as it did. On the other extreme, my father stayed in the lodge in one of their cheapest rooms with shared bathrooms down the hall. He had no complaints, and never had to wait for a bathroom. Nearby in the lodge was a lovely library room that was so quiet and comfortable to sit and read or whatever.

The hot springs themselves were not that exciting to me. It's basically an older swimming pool with hot water. They tell us they drain the pool completely every night, clean it and refill it by the morning. We sat in there for a while, then discovered that there was some poop in the bottom of the pool. (That happens in any pool with children, I'm sure, so I don't blame them for that.) The staff responded calmly and removed the offending object and treated the water with something. We decided it was time to get out then! I'm sure I would enjoy the hot spring pool more in cooler temperatures, but it was mid-day and fairly warm. The smaller pool area water was so hot I couldn't even get into it, and I can tolerate a very hot hottub.

I review the two restaurants elsewhere.

2  Thank Susan A
Reviewed June 19, 2012

While working in Yellowstone last summer I came here often. If you have a number of people or plan on coming more than once, get the pack of 10 passes instead of buying them individually, it saves you money. The smoothies at the grill are VERY good, as is the food, decently priced, a cheaper option than the dining room inside and you can go in right from the pool without changing. You can also eat outside. A tip: the walls are white and sunburn comes quick! Bring sunscreen and sunglasses. Also one of my favorite places when it is chilly out, we wore heavy coats in one day and hesitated before changing into our suits, but once we got to the pool area it was super comfortable.

2  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed June 18, 2012

fun get away with a great restaurant and hot springs.

1  Thank DJBEnnis