“Fun stop on the family trip!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pray
Chico Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Pray
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We stayed here a night on our way back from Yellowstone. The hot spring pools were amazing, nice warm temps.... very relaxing! I felt like I was staying at a little cabin in the woods, very cozy atmosphere with a great view of the mountains!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Chico Hot Springs Resort

Reviewed June 7, 2010

Old time Montana "resort" in a lovely area of the state. We stayed in one of the small cabins, which was rustic, as described, but which had a terrific view from a hillside. The front desk was efficient and helpful.

The hot springs are the centerpiece of the place, and when uncrowded, is delightful, but when crowded with daytrippers can be obnoxious. The men's hot springs locker room has room for improvement. I would imagine that the best time to visit is during the week, to avoid the hot springs crowds. We had an excellent dinner in the dining room, with good wine and efficient service. The breakfast is lavish and well done. We took two hikes in the area which were very enjoyable.

All in all a nice stay for us. We recommend to those for whom the usual amenities are not a top priority.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank EastWestFamily
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We've stayed at Chico Hot Springs several times over the past 5 years. It is one of our favorite places to go. The rooms - and prices- vary quite a bit. You can get a simple, no frills room (no bathroom or sink) for less than $50. You can get a room with just a sink for a little more, and then there are rooms that range from those with bathrooms and two queen beds up to cabins that sleep several and have kitchens.

Our favorite place to stay is in the main (i.e., historic) lodge in a room with a sink. There are several bathrooms throughout and we've never had a problem getting a toilet/shower. I like to stay there because you don't have to go outside or walk very far to get to the hot springs/pool. However, it is rustic and there are more comfortable options for a little more money. Some of the beds in those old rooms in the main lodge leave a bit to be desired, but it is usually OK. Also, if you're staying in the main lodge, try to request a room that is not in the hallway leading to the pool :) That can be a bit noisy - but still not too bad.

The pool is great - always a good temperature and it is fun to be able to stay out there late and/or enjoy delicious free coffee early in the morning while soaking as the sun rises.

Both the restaurant and the Poolside grill serve great food. Absolutely love indulging at the restaurant! YUM!

Love that the place is dog friendly. There are hiking trails nearby and a fishing pond to enjoy.

And, my favorite above all else, is getting a full body massage at the spa. If you have the chance, get a massage from Mel. He's so great!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luvhotsprings
Reviewed May 30, 2010

The staff was friendly and attentive. The Lobby and "Old Building" filled with charm, warmth and a sense of nostalgia. The hot spring pool was thoroughly enjoying and relaxing, with the poolside restaurant providing affordable and pleasant food - there was also a poolside bar window for those desiring something a little stronger. Accommodations in the main building are quaint and charming with an old time feel to them, with some that have communal baths and bathrooms. The main dining room for the buffet style breakfast is highly recommended and affordable, for diner it is excellent, though a little more expensive, but well worth it. We visited Chico Hot Springs 3 times over the course of the summer, (staying in the "Old building" all 3 times) enjoying different aspects of it each time we were there, from the fresh grown garden produce out back, to a ride to "old chico", a trip through Paradise Valley, to a Spa treatment for the both of us - excellent. I would highly recommend a visit to this secluded, scenic area, if ever in this part of the country, even for a day trip just for the hot spring pool, whether traveling to or from Yellowstone National Park. There is also a small general store on location, a full service bar and horse stables for horseback riding adventures (they have dogsledding in the winter)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BronxBill
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Great place to get away, ...dinner was fantastic!!! Nice wine list.
Fun bar with a band on weekends.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dehren
Reviewed April 3, 2010

My husband and I traveled in September of 2009 to Chico Springs Resort in Montana because one of my very good friends was getting married at Chico. I booked a King size bed in the newer Warren Wing, and was very glad I did. The accommodation varies greatly at Chico, which I can appreciate because it allows something for almost every budget. Our room was quite spacious and well appointed, although no television much to my husbands dismay (it was football season). However the bar at Chico has televisions and were happy to accommodate my husbands sports channel requests.

The food at Chico was very good, a bit pricey, however given the location and the lack of much near by, it was nice that one of you only options for food was in fact a very good one!

Chico was a great home base for exploring Yellowstone National Park, a quick 20 minute drive through the canyon and we were there! Wonderful!

Chico pulled off my friends wedding beautifully as well, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful place to get married.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ATLWanderLust
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We just spent the night at Chico for about the 100th time, and it was lovely. It's always a bit different. This time there was a wedding, so the lobby was always full and dinner wasn't quite up to its usual excellence, but we still love it. It just has so much personality and charm. You really notice when you spend the night before at a chain motel.

I was just reading over all the reviews of Chico, and I laughed because I thought of the old folk tale about the blind men and the elephant. Each man feels just one part of the elephant, and so makes a wrong conclusion about what the elephant really is. It reminds me of Chico because Chico is everything that people say in these sometimes conflicting reviews. There are rustic, cramped rooms without bathrooms and luxury rooms with jacuzzis. There is a restaurant with service and food as good as any place I've been. (The elk in the mixed grill this weekend was an amazing experience.) There is also a bar that serves "just okay" burgers. Sometimes sitting in the pool with a glass of wine as you watch snowflakes fall in the surrounding moutains is an almost mystical experience. Sometimes, there are 55 people in the pool, and the every kid is screaming and splashing.

Just like the elephant, all the reviews describe Chico in all its quirky Western glory. It's always a different experience, and that's why I love it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank MontanaHikingfool
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pray
Yellowstone Valley Lodge
Yellowstone Valley Lodge
#3 of 10 in Livingston
Rodeway Inn and Suites
Rodeway Inn and Suites
#2 of 8 in Gardiner
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#1 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Comfort Inn Yellowstone North
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 10 in Livingston

Been to Chico Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!