“Funny smell”
Review of Bayview Inn

Bayview Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Polson
Bayview Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Polson
Nashua, MT
“Funny smell”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

When we checked in, one member of our family said he couldn't stay there, due to his allergies. All of us thought that the rooms had a funny smell. They do let pets stay, and that's probably why. The rooms are older, with a thin carpet. The facilities are adequate, but there were some in our family that thought it was probably dirty. The beds are not very good. The price is reasonable, however.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jesmeMT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
francis
Reviewed April 3, 2013

not working, blinds, fridge, microwave. disgusting, carpet not vacumned, smell of urine in room. dog in room next door charged at me, smoking employees outside room. mattress was horrible, had to put towels on bed to stop getting poked, pillows smelled, raw smell of bleach to hide odors

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank exfirefighter1950
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have stayed at Bayview Inn quite a few times...averaging once every two years, for family reunion. Our stays usually last a week or so. They always give us good rates, and the front desk people are very friendly. It is a bit old and dated, but all we need is a comfortable place to sleep after long days with the family. The fridge and microwave are great for reheating picnic leftovers from the days activities, and the full size coffee pot greets us every morning while we take in the beautiful view of the lake. The housekeeping staff knocks on our door to make sure they restock what we need, and if she hasn't been to you yet you can grab her on the way out and let her know if you need extra towels or anything. We will always stay here when we come to Polson as we know we will be taken care of. Thank you Bayview Inn.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor rooms have great views!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DPsMama
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The beautiful view of Flathead Lake is the only reason I am even giving this place 2 stars. I stayed here recently on a business trip (only because the Best Western up the road was booked solid). Let me preface my review by saying that I knew this was a budget hotel (thus my expectations were pretty low already) and I am a pretty easy person to please (see my past reviews for evidence of this). However, I have never had a more unpleasant experience at a hotel before.

The first thing I noticed was that my room smelled awful. Secondly, the carpet had clearly not even been given a 30 second once-over with a vaccuum. There were crumbs and smashed macaroni and cheese all over the place by the table. Third, the housekeeping staff couldn't even take the time to straighten the lamp shades, they were almost comically crooked.

But most importantly, THE SHEETS ON THE BEDS HAD NOT EVEN BEEN CHANGED! I turned down the cover of both beds and both sets of sheets were covered with crumbs, body hair and god knows what else. Not only had the sheets not been washed, the staff hadn't even bothered to take them off the bed. I notified the front desk and they changed the sheets and pillow cases while was out to dinner. The woman at the front desk was very nice, but after reading some other reviews on this hotel I don't think this was an isolated incident. I was traveling with a co-worker and their room was the exact same story.

I don't expect much from a budget hotel (this room was over one hundred dollars, on a weeknight no less, so I'm not even sure I can call it that), just be reasonably clean and I am happy. Skip this gross hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank ColumbusBuckeye
PNW
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Very nice people to stay with. Nice view of lake and mountains. Clean enough with comfortable beds. It is an older motel that shows some wear but in this price range it is a good value for the area.

Room Tip: I like the ones on the second level for the view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Utah
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I knew going in this was a budget motel and for the most part, all I need is a clean room and a decent bed. The moment we opened the door to the room, the very strong smell of cigarette smoke hit us even though the room was a non-smoking room. My guess is, that all of the non-smoking rooms were just as bad. The carpet was in poor shape, there were cobwebs on the bathroom light fixtures and a dead spider on the bathroom wall.
The continental breakfast wasn't that great and the office/breakfast area was very small, which meant we had to take our breakfast back to the room.
About the only good thing at the motel was the view of the lake across the street. I certainly won't be staying here next time I come through Polson.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank bscrowt
Minnesota
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We had a great time at this hotel. The people were very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed looking across the lake. What a beautiful area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polson
KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino
Swan Hill Bed & Breakfast
Islander Inn
Islander Inn
#3 of 9 in Bigfork

Been to Bayview Inn? Share your experiences!